~ Of a meager, minor, matter . . .

Just wondering about something that I’ve seen only once. It’s not of much importance, just throwing it out here to see what we get. Here’s what I’d like to know: Has anyone seen writing on the head of a cartridge casing? Most all I’ve ever seen is “PRINTED”, not “written”. If you’ve seen written, it must have stuck in your mind so you can inform us of what you’ve seen “written”. Thanks for any input on this very minor matter.

BUFFALO-ROCK-1.jpg

This is the one casing I came across with the “Buffalo Rock” written on the head. I Googled Buffalo Rock and found out that they aren’t an ammunition manufacturer but did do reloading and had their name emblazoned on the casings made by Starline.

Buffalo Rock Shooters Supply, Route 1, Ottawa, IL 61350 (on cases made by Starline)

OOPS, just Googled "Buffalo Rock Shooters Supply" and it looks like they're not in the ammo business any longer:

Explosions Kill Four At Ammunition Plant
AP
Published: October 09, 1988

Four workers were killed Friday when a fire and explosions destroyed an ammunition manufacturing company.

Investigators from the state Fire Marshal's Office and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms worked today to determine what caused the destruction of Buffalo Rock Shooters Supply, seven miles west of this north-central Illinois town.

The company makes ammunition and sells weapons to police departments around the country, authorities said.

Vince Dettore, fire chief of Naplate, a town about four miles east of the factory, said, workers were believed to have been making bullets when the first explosion occurred about 11:30 a.m. in the main building, which also housed the company's general offices and gun shop.

''It was a big ball of fire with a couple of explosions.'' he said. ''There were a lot of bullets flying.''

Marion Osborne, the La Salle County Coroner, said: ''I've seen explosions before, but nothing like this. It was just so massive.''

Last edited:
Holder did it.

RIP to those who paid the price.

Starline will make you brass that says anything you want if there is a minimum order of 50K IIRC.

Even though it was 13 years before he took office, the Liberals are still looking for a way to blame W.

Back
Top Bottom