• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Odd reply to Classified Ad.

In an "Enbloc World" he'd send you a check or money order, when it cleared and you had the funds in-hand you would mail the firearm to him no matter what state he lived in.

Oh yeah, full-autos are legal and no licenses are needed in "Enbloc's World"...

and all school teachers look like this:

1627345620246.png

encouraging education well into the 47th Grade...

Can't say how that gun is classified in MA, but it is a MA thing. Ive asked out of state sellers to ship a frame and the rest separately and they've pretty much "lmao-wtf-nfw'd" me. Shady as hell to non mass holes but there's a reason behind it

When I lived in MA I had a FFL that had no problem with doing frame transfers. I was able to get numerous non-roster handguns, mostly off of GunBroker, but it usually took some level of convincing the seller.

There is no reason to make the seller break something apart and send in pieces to two different people. The buyer should use an 07 FFL who will take it in whole and manufacture to a frame/receiver as appropriate and send that part to another FFL who then does the 4473 and transfer. Asking the seller to do all the extra work is a great way to not get anything shipped to you.

There is NO exception in MGL for 22LR or any caliber for that matter as it relates to the AWB. The only place that caliber is called out in chap 140 sec 121 through sec 131Y is for tube fed 22LR rifles where they say that the tube is not large capacity. That is the sole place that caliber is called out.

Ms Muncher of Carpets said that 22 and 17 calibers were not "copies or duplicates", not that they were not AWs. But since when did we listen to anything Dimples had to say?

The Charger is unambiguously an assault weapon in MA. So while you could effect a transfer by framing it out (or is it a receiver?) putting it back together gives you an assault weapon. Best case it has 2 evil features (mag outside pistol grip and barrel shroud to hold and not burn your hand) but also likely a third (50oz) No doubt about its evilness.

I guess someone could be planning to SBR it but depending on the model I am not sure how you put a stock in it.

I guess someone could be planning to SBR it but depending on the model I am not sure how you put a stock in it.
Isn't the Charger effectively built on a 10/22 receiver? (I've never seen one in person, so I'm working on vague memory of things I think I read once) If it is, putting it in a 10/22 stock and like the path to SBRing it, but also like it would be faster to cut down an existing 10/22...

There's a model of the Charger that has a 1913 rail on the back for attaching braces/stocks, he might be wanting to SBR it.
If you saw OPs classified post it was not that model so buyer would need to replace the chassis install a stock. Doable. Just not the 1913 model to start.

download-jpg.506167
[wave]

Isn't the Charger effectively built on a 10/22 receiver? (I've never seen one in person, so I'm working on vague memory of things I think I read once) If it is, putting it in a 10/22 stock and like the path to SBRing it, but also like it would be faster to cut down an existing 10/22...
There's no good reason to modify any 10/22 barrel, they're readily available in about every configuration imaginable for about the cost of what a Smith or machine shop would charge.

I have a few chargers, I like them. A top notch Kidd barrel costs around $130, and any upgrade, trigger etc that you would do to any 10/22 can be done to the charger. Almost anything on them can be modified to your liking with minimal tools. It's just a 10/22 with a short barrel.

There's no good reason to modify any 10/22 barrel, they're readily available in about every configuration imaginable for about the cost of what a Smith or machine shop would charge.

I have a few chargers, I like them. A top notch Kidd barrel costs around $130, and any upgrade, trigger etc that you would do to any 10/22 can be done to the charger. Almost anything on them can be modified to your liking with minimal tools. It's just a 10/22 with a short barrel.
I'll admit, in all my handwaving and assumptions earlier, I had forgotten how barrels change on 10/22s. I'm probably only about 1/2 as smart as I let on, on a good day.

I'll admit, in all my handwaving and assumptions earlier, I had forgotten how barrels change on 10/22s. I'm probably only about 1/2 as smart as I let on, on a good day.
Tell ya the truth, I'm not really a big fan of 10/22's. I always preffered the Marlin 60 by far, but you can really slick up a 10/22 into absolutely anything you want.

I do a lot of handgun hunting and bench shooting with pistols so the charger is right at home with me. I have the standard chargers as well as the take down model, I prefer the originals. They're small enough as it is, I've never had the need to break one down, but I came across it for $146 at a shop and jumped on it.

Make sure the buyer understands that the sale is FINAL.
Collect payment.
Send the receiver to the FFL.
Send the unregulated parts to the buyer.

You have done nothing unlawful.

Tell ya the truth, I'm not really a big fan of 10/22's. I always preffered the Marlin 60 by far, but you can really slick up a 10/22 into absolutely anything you want.

I do a lot of handgun hunting and bench shooting with pistols so the charger is right at home with me. I have the standard chargers as well as the take down model, I prefer the originals. They're small enough as it is, I've never had the need to break one down, but I came across it for $146 at a shop and jumped on it.
I didn’t know they made a charger takedown....you a**h***!

I didn’t know they made a charger takedown....you a**h***!
Yea, I run a red dot on mine, I don't think they are as accurate as the original and the POI shifts slightly every time you re mount the barrel. It's adequate for squirrel body type accuracy at 50 but nowhere as accurate as my standard ones. It's a fun pinker and comes standard with a threaded barrel for running it supressed.

Thanks, the "ship it in parts" thing looked like a red flag to me.

Yeah. It's Maura actually. They've got a tracker on your car. If you try and do this deal AND cross into MA (or they may just do a raid across the border in the dead of night) they'll nail your sorry carcass to a wall.

[rofl]

If the receiver has an FFL ready and needs it to ship as a receiver, so freaking what????

Yeah. It's Maura actually. They've got a tracker on your car. If you try and do this deal AND cross into MA (or they may just do a raid across the border in the dead of night) they'll nail your sorry carcass to a wall.

[rofl]

If the receiver has an FFL ready and needs it to ship as a receiver, so freaking what????

Yet none of that is what he said. To anyone in a normal state, "ship it in parts" says that some f***ery is happening. I've been buying and selling guns for a long time in many states-nobody has ever said "ship it in parts".

Besides-why would anyone unless they were desperate to sell dissemble something and deal with the FFL to FFL shenanigans. If I'm selling something and shipping it will be a direct ship from me to his FFL.

I'm guessing the " ship in parts" thing is to get around our stupid Ma laws but I agree with Jack. Use the phone.

Why use the phone when, unless otherwise specified, the communications medium here is PM or email?

Communicate clearly when you are PMing someone about an ad. That goes for the sellers too.

"ship it in parts" doesn't cut it for folks in the real world.

Yet none of that is what he said. To anyone in a normal state, "ship it in parts" says that some f***ery is happening. I've been buying and selling guns for a long time in many states-nobody has ever said "ship it in parts".

Besides-why would anyone unless they were desperate to sell dissemble something and deal with the FFL to FFL shenanigans. If I'm selling something and shipping it will be a direct ship from me to his FFL.

I guess it's a mASS thing. He said FFL. He said parts. Because receivers aren't firearms so they skirt the lawrs. Once I see FFL to FFL I'm trying to figure out how someone is jamming ME up.

In the "olden days" we had these things called "telephones". You could actually talk to people, ask questions and work things out without resorting to a forum to get lots of "opinions" on how to proceed on an issue. Jack.

It's clear there are a number of people on this thread that forget the simplicity of the old days before the internet. People actually talked to one another and figured stuff out like adults. Too bad the internet ushered in the level of paranoia and disconnection between fellow gun owners. But I understand why the paranoia runs deep here in MA.

As another poster suggested, get a$100 reciever and call it a day:

Back
Top Bottom