Odd favor - Anyone have an M16A1 upper or clone that I can borrow? Worcester area preferred.

76Too

NES Member
I promise I won't shoot it :D

I'm giving a 'history of standard issue small arms' at my USMC reserve unit this coming weekend and I'm missing an A1 from my collection...mostly because I never really liked the rear sights/adjustments.

I don't even need a BCG or charging handle because I can just pull it off my issued rifle in the armory for the presentation.

I stress...this rifle upper will not be fired. There will be no live ammunition within 100 feet of this upper at any time, and I would take care of it like it were my own.

If you want something in return for the favor, let me know what you want and i'll mull it over. I have lots of brass and lead if that's of any interest? If you want some collateral I can offer up one of my rifles within the same/similar value range that I will offer to let you shoot if you want and I will even clean it for you after we swap back.

I'm doing this presentation as a way to get the Marines engaged in their history and culture and out of picking up trash in the parking lot, or taking an extra sexual harassment or suicide prevention powerpoint this weekend (winter drills can get a little on the boring side sometimes so we have to make shit up).

Anyway...I really appreciate if someone can help me out. If not, it's not a BIG deal...i'll just tell the Marines it's exactly like their A4's but not at all, really.

Thanks for looking!

Bit far out for me to travel this week with all I have going on right now, but thank you both very much.

The M16A1’s actually did have the forward assist and the deflector, but Colt omitted the features from their civilian models (SP1). The forward assist was actually shaped like a tear drop back then which I always kinda liked. I just hate the rear sight elevation knob and it’s lack of adjustment in comparison to the A2/A4

I promise I won't shoot it :D

I'm giving a 'history of standard issue small arms' at my USMC reserve unit this coming weekend and I'm missing an A1 from my collection...mostly because I never really liked the rear sights/adjustments.

I don't even need a BCG or charging handle because I can just pull it off my issued rifle in the armory for the presentation.

I stress...this rifle upper will not be fired. There will be no live ammunition within 100 feet of this upper at any time, and I would take care of it like it were my own.

If you want something in return for the favor, let me know what you want and i'll mull it over. I have lots of brass and lead if that's of any interest? If you want some collateral I can offer up one of my rifles within the same/similar value range that I will offer to let you shoot if you want and I will even clean it for you after we swap back.

I'm doing this presentation as a way to get the Marines engaged in their history and culture and out of picking up trash in the parking lot, or taking an extra sexual harassment or suicide prevention powerpoint this weekend (winter drills can get a little on the boring side sometimes so we have to make shit up).

Anyway...I really appreciate if someone can help me out. If not, it's not a BIG deal...i'll just tell the Marines it's exactly like their A4's but not at all, really.

Thanks for looking!

How complete?

I've got a upper that is in pieces, I've never put the finishing touches on let alone some of the starters- Green Mountain barrel (proper twist, length, no hole nor front post groove) still in its box kind of incomplete.

the m16a1's had forward assist (one thing that set it apart from the M16) I have one you could borrow but I am out in western mass. it is a canadian c7 upper not a true a1. (has the shell defector)

Thank you all very much for your offers, but I'm not sure I'm even going to have time to get that far away to pick up anything outside of Worcester area. I have Plt. Sgt. duties and billeting roster, plus my presentation material to work on leading up to drill and won't have much down time with work every day.

Lip, thank you especially much for continually bumping my post...you're A-OK for a soldier type :D

Thank you all very much for your offers, but I'm not sure I'm even going to have time to get that far away to pick up anything outside of Worcester area. I have Plt. Sgt. duties and billeting roster, plus my presentation material to work on leading up to drill and won't have much down time with work every day.

Lip, thank you especially much for continually bumping my post...you're A-OK for a soldier type :D
If I had one I'd deliver it.

Back
Top Bottom