• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

October 16th MWT IPDA Revos and friends match (Harvard SC)

Me too. Remember last year's revolver match? It was a cold and rainy the whole day and ended with snow!

Lot's of fun stages, I enjoyed watching the semi-auto guys fishing their loose ammo out of the jelly jar [devil].

As a semi-auto guy, I kind of liked the "ammo in a jar". It was a unique challenge at all of the revolver shooters missed out on.

As a semi-auto guy, I kind of liked the "ammo in a jar". It was a unique challenge at all of the revolver shooters missed out on.

That was a case of smooth is fast. I tried to just stay focused on loading the mag and blocking out the fact that the clock was ticking.

Loved this match, maybe SSR is calling to me[grin]

Yeah, I forgot how much fun my SSR gun is to shoot. I think I'll be ordering a 38 shell plate and some bullets. I'm thinking of shooting SSR until the run up to sanctioned matches next spring.

I'm glad some people enjoyed the jelly jar stage. I heard a decent amount of grumbling but nothing I'd call bitching. I really wasn't sure what kind of reactions I was going to get.

Thanks to everyone who came out and especially those who tried out revolver shooting for the first time.

I'm glad some people enjoyed the jelly jar stage. I heard a decent amount of grumbling but nothing I'd call bitching. I really wasn't sure what kind of reactions I was going to get.

I think this guy practices.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,

Thanks for a great match on Saturday. The wind made it more of a challenge, but the stages were really imaginative and fun to shoot! Congrats to you and all the SO's and ASOs that made it possible.

Harvard is a great place to shoot IDPA.

Alex

I think this guy practices.....

When I watched that last night, it was on a small screen, and I was thinking "Nah, I loaded faster than that guy."

Imagine my dismay watching it this morning and realizing that guy is shooting my gun and wearing the same shirt as I was!

Sorry I couldn't make it. Looks like Travis gave Aaron a run for his money.

Craig

Ouch! In all fairness- give Aaron credit for running a gun he has never tried before that day... a wheel gun to boot. I'm sure half his time was on reloads alone. LOL. Hey some people aren't willing to expose their weakness and will never try something new.... credit to those that did.

Great first experience with revolvers, thanks to those who gave me a few 30 seconds review on how to use a speedloader and for those that helped load them :) Very high level of fun for me today at this match!!!!

Thanks guys!!!

PS Someone buy/trade this so I can get a new revolver without putting more cash out for a new revolver ... :)

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/112466-WTS-Kimber-Tactical-Pro-II-in-MA

I'm your Huckleberry. Check your in box. Is that an Officer's Model or a Commander?

To Dave's point - I'll shoot a match with you in CDP. I've been told it's pretty funny watching me stare at the side of the gun after 6 rd and wonder why parts fall out when I push buttons. Do you know the sights are always moving in those things? How are you supposed to hit anything like that? It's crazy man, totally crazy.

Craig

Last edited:
I'm your Huckleberry. Check your in box. Is that an Officer's Model or a Commander?

To Dave's point - I'll shoot a match with you in CDP. I've been told it's pretty funny watching me stare at the side of the gun after 6 rd and wonder why parts fall out when I push buttons. Do you know the sights are always moving in those things? How are you supposed to hit anything like that? It's crazy man, totally crazy.

Craig

Let me know when this is going down, should be a good time. WW's gun looks like Kimber's 4", so a slightly shorter commander.

Looks like Travis gave Aaron a run for his money

IMO Travis kicked my butt!! However I had much more fun than just pulling the trigger.

I'm sure half his time was on reloads alone. LOL. Hey some people aren't willing to expose their weakness and will never try something new

ya ya thats it the reloads :) never mind the down 29 on stage 5 [shocked] i squeezed that trigger so slow and saw a great sight picture during the pull.... Something was terribly wrong however... What was it???? I think it is going to be the next thing I figure out...

A wise person once told me to practice what I am not good at, MM to EX in less than 10 months me thinks that was very wise advice...

To Dave's point - I'll shoot a match with you in CDP. I've been told it's pretty funny watching me stare at the side of the gun after 6 rd and wonder why parts fall out when I push buttons.

This looks like a pretty darn good CDP run to me....

Back
Top Bottom