• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

October 16th MWT IPDA Revos and friends match (Harvard SC)

jar

Next Saturday is MWT-IDPA's now annual Revolver friendly match at
Harvard Sportsmen's Club. All divisions are welcome, but if you have
a revolver, you are encouraged to bring it and shoot it. Most of the
sanctioned matches are done for the season, so it's a great time to
try something new. Stages will be revolver friendly (6 round shooters
will have good places to reload and no indoor low light stage). I am
the match director for this match, and my assistant is Aaron Haines.

Setup begins at 8:00 AM. Registration 9:15-9:45. Safety Briefing at
9:50. First shots at 10:00 AM sharp.

Match fee is $20. Lunch will be available on site for an additional charge.

Anyone who would like to help with the match, please email me directly
at [email protected]. I'm looking for SOs, ASOs, registration,
scoring, and a few more stage designers.

PS: I have a spare complete set of support gear for a S&W K-frame
38/357 (models 13/19/65/66/67/etc) I have a holster, 3 speedloaders
and 3 speedloader carriers. Anyone who has a k-frame sitting in the
safe but doesn't have IDPA gear for it is welcome to borrow it, first
come first served.

That is what IDPA was meant to be. Carry gear, carry ammo. Gonna try my best to get there. (Now where did I put that damn "shoot me first vest")

Not if your carry gun is a Glock 34.... LOL! I commend you. I was shooting Sardina's snub.. I think it was a Titanium S&W... damn that sucker was a ball buster after just a few shots.

Oh... and don't worry about the shoot me first vest.. just wear a button up shirt. De and Hanwei wear Hawaiian shirts....

Oh... and don't worry about the shoot me first vest.. just wear a button up shirt. De and Hanwei wear Hawaiian shirts....

But De and Hanwei can pull off wearing the Hawaiin shirts... I do believe they have been known to have various kinds of hats to go with their outfits[rofl]

Hawiian shirts are the best, except in windy weather... I am thinking of starching mine.

Hawaiian shirt for IDPA... check [thumbsup]

I'm pretty sure De's out of town next weekend but I will try to be there [grin]

Last edited:
But De and Hanwei can pull off wearing the Hawaiin shirts... I do believe they have been known to have various kinds of hats to go with their outfits[rofl]

I actually just got a new cowboy hat yesterday at the Topsfield Fair.
Sadly I wont' be able to make this. I'll be away. I feel like I haven't shot in months.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll make it. In solidarity with Round Gun Shooter, I may bring along my actual carry gun (7+1), gear (IWB) and load this time, just for kicks.

If I had a revolver, I'd shoot it [grin].

Last edited:
Looks like the round count is 98. I ordered clear weather, hopefully it will show up.

Stages are nice and revo friendly. There's one stage that's a little semi-auto unfriendly but those shooting compact carry guns may escape its wrath.

Bring a SA 6 shot .22LR :)

Check out my new IDPA rig!

ms.jpg

[grin]

Check out my new IDPA rig!QUOTE]

Nice I bet you are making an IDPA approved kydex holster as I type!!!

[grin] Comp-Tac Belt Straight-Drop Belt Holster. Running it with some giant Safariland Competition speed-loaders, too! And I can keep the bayonet on, right?
68124.jpg

Really, though, I haven't shot my carry setup in a match yet, and think given a round count of less than 100, it might be a perfect opportunity to burn through some +P rounds.

Great job, Jeff! And thanks to the SO's working the match. Lots of fun. Windy as hell... but fun [grin]

Thanks. The wind was pretty ridiculous. We're going to need to repair some walls. My squad had to stop to bodge some walls back together, but I'll take that over shooting in the rain any day.

Thanks. The wind was pretty ridiculous. We're going to need to repair some walls. My squad had to stop to bodge some walls back together, but I'll take that over shooting in the rain any day.

Me too. Remember last year's revolver match? It was a cold and rainy the whole day and ended with snow!

Lot's of fun stages, I enjoyed watching the semi-auto guys fishing their loose ammo out of the jelly jar [devil].

Me too. Remember last year's revolver match? It was a cold and rainy the whole day and ended with snow!

Lot's of fun stages, I enjoyed watching the semi-auto guys fishing their loose ammo out of the jelly jar [devil].

Some of the stages were really interesting with a semi-auto. Shooting 7+1 was pretty miserable, too. My kingdom for a 10-round magazine!

Last edited:
The results are in! Thanks to all who participated in our "Friends of Revolver" Club Match, especially those brave souls trying a wheel gun for the first time!

Attachments

• MWT OCT 2010 CLUB MATCH Results.pdf
    15.3 KB · Views: 40
  • MWT OCT 2010 CLUB MATCH Stage Details.pdf
    37.4 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom