OCSA 2019 CMP M1 Garand Clinic/match and games schedule , Pembroke Ma

mac1911

NES Member
2019 season is about to begin:

LINKS TO SCHEDULES FOR CMP GAMES. THERE IS ALWAYS A SECONDARY MATCH RUNNING WITH THE M1 GARAND CLINIC/MATCH

Click on flyer below to see other events
Modern Military-ARs, M1a, 308 M1. FAL, SKS, AK , and other semi auto military style rifles
Vintage- All bolt action military style foreign and non springfield US service rifles
SpringField Match- 1903/A3 as issued match

Also if you have a rilfe you want to shoot under match conditions come on down. As long as there is room on the line you can shoot. You just shoot what is called "out of competition" so no trinkets for you.

CLICK ON THE GARAND SCHEDULE BELOW TO SEE THE OTHER FLYERS
If you have questions about the match and facilities please contact the match director on the flyer, general questions can be asked here in the thread

Gold trinket scores (top score)
APRIL
M1 278/300
Modern Military 275/300

Last edited:
I don't really do much rifle competition, but just curious: Would a .308 Garand be allowed to play?

ETA: Nevermind. I just saw the very top of your OP where it mentions modern military rifle matches allowing .308 M1's, so I assume this match is 30-06 only.

I don't really do much rifle competition, but just curious: Would a .308 Garand be allowed to play?

ETA: Nevermind. I just saw the very top of your OP where it mentions modern military rifle matches allowing .308 M1's, so I assume this match is 30-06 only.

Secondary Match is modern mil, so your 308 M1 is ‘in’ for that. Also most will shoot M1 first but any order is ok. Lastly, club M1’s are tackdrivers so you can shoot both.

Thanks! I would probably just shoot in the modern match.
Also a reminder that its rare you will get turned away to shoot the course of fire at cmp games. You just shoot
The only time you would be "turned down" is there where full relays for the time allowed for the match.
So come on down

You can use your FAL in Modern Military too.
Any semi auto rifle Iron sights that resembles or basically based on a design that at some point was issued to some military some where is good to shoot in Modern Military class B. If it has a scope or adjustable stock other than length of pull ----oh and there are other rules but for small club matches they are often "ignored" we want people to participate.
Now if enough shooters show up with non compliant guns i would think there would be a Unlimited Class match.

just come shoot, if for some reason your guns dont pass muster I will pay for your match and you can shoot my guns or club guns.

Shooting that thing off-hand is ridiculous. Maybe if I found a good sling for it though. I've never put one on it. Pretty much just shoot it prone with the bipod down.

No sling in off hand
A GI web sling might not be long enough.
A sling properly used in prone and seated is very stable.
maybe not so much for FAL. Would need very light and consistent sling tension.

Last edited:
Hey guys, from what time to what time does the match usually take? I’m trying to see if I can make it tomorrow, I’d shoot off class but still want to try and make it, depending how late it goes

Back
Top Bottom