1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Ocasio-Cortez (aka Occasional-Cortex) steps in it again... Now she has her very own Megathread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Radtekk, Dec 3, 2018.

1. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

W.E.C, mibro and Choctaw like this.

2. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

She has no idea who Hitler, Stalin or Mao were, she also has no idea about any history. It will be very painful to watch millennials marveling about the obvious for the next 50 years. They think that if they do not know it is fine to repeat it just for their own experience! [puke]

Aaron[MA], mibro and ISOTOX like this.
  3. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

But that's entirely the point. If there are no facts, or they simply don't matter, and what matters is what's "moral" per some arbiter of morality like, say, ¡Ocasio! and her colleagues... [thinking]

10thSFFD likes this.
  4. AHM

AHM NES Member

I awoke in a cold sweat,
    trembling in terror that I didn't know what sound bite
    would start the Howie Carr show at the top of every hour today.

(Just kidding).

Maybe not: the "Superman: Last Son of Krypton" novel,
    which was published at the same time as the first 1978 Christopher Reeve movie
    has the philosophy:

There is a right and a wrong in the universe
    and it's not too hard to tell them apart.​

So don't neglect opportunities to accuse someone of Pinhead Choreography.

5. richc

richc NES Member

Personally I think she's a long lost sister of the Kardashian klan...

:)

6. wahsben

wahsben NES Life Member NES Member

7. AHM

AHM NES Member

Fail -
    it was:
    1. Hildebeest on civility/"we're gonna impeach the MFer"-Hausfrau.
    2. A-OC blathering on the Importance of Being Truthy.

mibro and wahsben like this.
  8. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling
    I'm sticking with Dumb Twat.

BBQ.Uncle and wahsben like this.
  9. Celtics83

Celtics83

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Fox Guest Calling Me ‘Little Girl’ Is ‘Walking Argument to Tax Misogyny’

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  10. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

You're right there.
    Not a single clue.
    I doubt very much any of them ever cracked a history book beyond what minimal requirement it took to pass a course.
    When I hear these nitwits throw the term Nazi around, it makes me want to do some uncivilized things to them.
    They have not even the beginning of an idea of what the hell they are talking about.

10thSFFD likes this.
  11. Picton

Picton NES Member

Politics has always sucked. Twitter makes it suck worse.

Any politician who thinks Twitter is a useful way to communicate is deluded.

Aaron[MA] and AHM like this.
  12. lancecolonel

lancecolonel NES Member

Correction in caps.....

Aaron[MA], AHM and Picton like this.
  13. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

Not necessarily disagreeing, BUT...

What is better? A President that promises absolute transparency in government and gives us 8 years of secrecy and lies or a President that is an a*****e that appears to truly love his country but has a big mouth and says too much?

For better or worse we now HAVE at least a translucent government, if not transparent.

Forgive the cartoon background. A 30 second youtube search did not yield the original video. But the words, I remember as though I heard them yesterday.

Picton, mibro and wahsben like this.
  14. LoginName

LoginName NES Member

AHM, W.E.C and Mountain like this.
  15. mibro

mibro NES Member

Here's a Communism survivor with some outstanding insight on AOC's "Green New Deal."

“I Survived Communism – Are You Ready For Your Turn?”

"Most of us who lived and suffered under communism can instantly recognize any signs of communist ideology, no matter how slight or subtle. Since I received my own vaccination of communist propaganda, during the first 27 years of my life, I too am immune to this disease. If someone is trying to ‘save me’ against my will, I’m instantly wary and ready to fight back – if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s a duck. So try to imagine how I feel, now as a Canadian, when I see the same tactics and hear the same phrases I saw and heard for years under communism, only this time in English! If you think I’m paranoid, or that communism in North America is far-fetched, then good luck to you – I hope you enjoy what’s coming your way:"

"In March of 2007, the website WorldNetDaily published an article entitled “Environmentalism is new communism”. In it, the former Czech president, Vaclav Klaus, stated: “It becomes evident that, while discussing climate, we are not witnessing a clash of views about the environment, but a clash of views about human freedom.” He goes on to describe environmentalism as “the biggest threat to freedom, democracy, the market economy and prosperity.” Klaus has also written a book: “Blue planet in green shackles”, in which he states “communism and environmentalism have the same roots; they both suppress freedom.” He also warns that any brand of environmentalism calling for centralized planning of the economy under the slogan of ‘protecting nature’ is nothing less than a reincarnation of communism – new communism."

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Aaron[MA], AHM, meh and 3 others like this.
  16. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Lefties often try to excuse away their bullshit with claims of moral superiority.

That's why I keep telling people on the right : stop acting like a bunch of goddam morons, and learn how to take down these a-holes.

I once made a hippy chick cry during an argument over Social Security. She and this college dickhead were arguing over Social Security - and they were trying to make one of those morality arguments about how without Social Security people would be "dying in the streets". Never mind the historical facts that this is not what happened - those arguments go nowhere with leftist a-holes. Instead I pointed out that I have a friend in which the male members of his family all die by the time they're in their mid 50's. So I told these two pukes that because they want to keep this 95 year old woman living out her (more than ample) retirement years - my friend is going to die on the job at 55 because he'll NEVER reach Social Security age.

I give the hippy chick credit that at least once the reality of what she was arguing for was presented to her - she cried. The college kid though was a fully indoctrinated leftist thru and thru and didn't give two shits.

What's the moral of the story? Size up your targets and use the correct ammunition. Split their forces - and attack again.

Why so many on the right are so utterly incompetent at this is beyond me.

10thSFFD and xtry51 like this.
  17. Jason Flare

Jason Flare NES Member

I know.

You’re superior.

Rat187 and mibro like this.
  18. Picton

Picton NES Member

Twitter is a terrible way to achieve transparency. It’s advertising. Sound bytes. Demagoguery. The death of critical thinking, in favor of the next shiny object. A perfect medium for the “if it bleeds, it leads” ethos.

Ideal for low-rent celebrities. And reality stars...

I’d rather have the 80s. Regular, respectful, disciplined press conferences.

Rat187 likes this.
  19. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Press conference and Twitter posts are 2 completely different tools. I can't exist without Twitter! Use it only as a pointer, it shows you a possible direction, rest is up to you and your in depth research. Imagine that you have not Twitter at all and you depend on our media.
    As always with digital tools; You can't blame GPS when you decide to drive off the cliff. ;)

Jason Flare, whalerman69 and Choctaw like this.
  20. W.E.C

W.E.C NES Member

Super weak ploy to paint her as the “footloose “ movie hero.

Who will she be next week?
    How about Anna Karenina?
    She is waiting for the video game version to come out .

21. W.E.C

W.E.C NES Member

This douche has more handlers than Britney Spears, she has become a product, an item for consumer sales.
    Employing an army of libtards.

22. wahsben

wahsben NES Life Member NES Member

23. mikeyp

mikeyp NES Member

24. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

Set aside whether you agree with Trump on anything.

Set aside any information that's classified / should be shared with the people.

Set aside whether you like the manner in which in information is being shared.

Do you TODAY have a more or less knowledge about the day to day thoughts and goals of the president, compared to our last president?

I feel I have much more info (compared to Obama) on what he's getting into from day to day and that's not a bad thing.

tuna, 10thSFFD, Jason Flare and 3 others like this.
  25. AHM

AHM NES Member

USA Today: Why I deleted my popular Twitter account
    by UT/K Lawprof Glenn "Instapundit" Reynolds

Before Christmas, I spent several hours vainly searching the online archives of the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation's house organ, "The New York State Conservationist". I'm still trying to find an article warning against adopting "lost" fawns into house pets; especially males, because of the extreme risk posed by formerly docile bucks going berserk during first rut: people have been killed by getting pinned by deers' antlers in close quarters. (Not to mention, they can put your eye out with those pointy things).

The magazine was founded in 1946. I was astonished at the number of false hits from queries including the word "abandoned". In the 1950s, the Conservation Department was very occupied with wringing their hands over the lost agricultural productivity of farms being "abandoned" and reverting to woodland. (Note: reverting to woodland - not being carved up into exurban housing developments).

They found something else to occupy them within a decade or two. (Cough Love Canal cough General Electric Hudson River PCB mud cough cough). Otherwise I wonder what the modern Nanny State would be doing about "farm abandonment"...

It's 2019 and I still can't figure out whether Obama was stupid, evil, or just both.

Super99Z and Jason Flare like this.
  26. PaulR

PaulR NES Member

I'm new to Twitter.
    I need some suggestions on who I should follow.
    TIA

27. W.E.C

W.E.C NES Member

I followed James woods, and got invites to a load of patriots, reciprocity followed then completely shadowed banned
    With no reason , just for associating, f.u. Bye Twitter.

Eff off @jack off.

Jason Flare likes this.
  28. mibro

mibro NES Member

120 million regular, respectful, disciplined Americans have died since the early 1980s. In the next 20 years most of the rest of us who remember life before cultural Marxism will also die.

What a country it's going to be.

29. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

You can follow me if you like, but I can't remember ever having tweeted anything, so you needn't worry about your tweeter feed being choked with mentions of my lunch, or checkins at shops...

30. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

wahsben likes this.