OC in CT. Guy is asked to leave Subway...

The guy was pushing buttons for sure but the police didn't handle it well either...especially the Sargent ( no fitness requirements in CT? ) I bet if this guy sues he might get somewhere due to the attempted intimidation of the police (never know on a jury) ..the other thing is...if he wasn't videotaping I'm going to hazard a guess that this would have gone down a totally different way

Two sides to that. Video allowed him to basically call their bluff and get out without an arrest. No video may have resulted in an arrest, but the final result would have been him winning a civil suit against the city.

I did not read all the responses, but this is why I think concealed carry is your best option. I don't have a problem with open carry in certain States but you've got to expect some sort of problem open carrying in this part of the country. Too many scared sheeple that have never been exposed to firearms and think all guns (and any one in control of them except THE POLICE) are evil. JMO... 2 cents won't get you a cup of boiled water these days so take my opinion for what it's worth!

Driving a car is not protected under any amendment.

Dean

I suspect it would be if our founders could see what a shit show the states have made out of driving.

It is a huge source of revenue and its extortion because without the ability to drive, most of us lose the ability to support our families.

The constitution says we are free to travel, which would also include horses which were the go to for of transportation at the time.

Just curious do people get harassed in NH for open carry? I am told they allow it. I spend alot of time in NH and have rarely seen someone open carrying in nh

I did not read all the responses, but this is why I think concealed carry is your best option. I don't have a problem with open carry in certain States but you've got to expect some sort of problem open carrying in this part of the country. Too many scared sheeple that have never been exposed to firearms and think all guns (and any one in control of them except THE POLICE) are evil. JMO... 2 cents won't get you a cup of boiled water these days so take my opinion for what it's worth!
I agree completely

I don't get what the big deal is. If you're open carrying and a cop says can I see your permit? why do you not just show it to him and be on your way?

Was he acting in an unlawful manner? If no, then the cops should move along (or not be there in the first place)

By your reasoning, a cop should be able to pull you over just to check your license.

I suspect it would be if our founders could see what a shit show the states have made out of driving.

It is a huge source of revenue and its extortion because without the ability to drive, most of us lose the ability to support our families.

The constitution says we are free to travel, which would also include horses which were the go to for of transportation at the time.

Agreed. We need to stop the "driving is a privilege" bullshit. Sounds like something a grandmother librarian would say. We need it for our livelihoods, plus, can you imagine the response from Franklin or Jefferson that they would need some kind of permission to take out some steam contraption and drive it around if they had invented it?

Open carry in CT is not a smart move. Open carry in Bridgeport, CT is just plain stupid.
Another in a long line of idiots with time to waste making videos purporting to demonstrate their rights to open carry. I don't need these types protecting my 2A rights. And especially not testing the waters in Bridgeport. Show a gun there and you'll probably meet a bullet sooner than most places...and not from a cop. Complete dumbass.

Bridgpeport isn't the worst city around the northeast but it tries hard to compete.
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...truction-Shooting-Suspect-Dead-297675751.html

Last edited:
thanks you...like i said I don't know the laws in CT.
I'm anything but a boot licker, here in mass they ask you for it you show it. if you don't you're asking for a headache.
maybe if I lived in CT and was familiar with the laws I'd think different.
I was under the impression that if they ask you , you have to show it.
bootlicker....what a bunch of comedians on here

Geez, I don't think kmanick is a boot licker. I see his point and is where I started at with my first post. I just got to thinking that if everyone just shows the permit to avoid trouble then the cops will think we have to. Honestly, I thought we did have to.

I would not be all confrontational about it but I would calmly and respectfully insist that they give me a valid reason as required by state law. Then if they do I will gladly show them my permit. If they cannot or will not give me a valid reason they need to leave me alone. I conceal carry right now anyway. I prefer people not knowing what I do or do not have on me.

What would have happened in it was a Subway in MA

There's a major difference between MA and CT... in MA, a condition of your LTC is that you must provide to law enforcement when it is requested.

Any person who, while not being within the limits of his own property or residence, or such person whose property or residence is under lawful search, and who is not exempt under this section, shall on demand of a police officer or other law enforcement officer, exhibit his license to carry firearms, or his firearm identification card or receipt for fee paid for such card, or, after January first, nineteen hundred and seventy, exhibit a valid hunting license issued to him which shall bear the number officially inscribed of such license to carry or card if any.

The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.· - Miller v. U.S., 230 F 2d 486, 489.

No no no no ****ING NO!

The reason that Open Carry is a defacto ban in Mass is because everyone subscribes to this theory and the sheep bleat everytime they see a gun.

Exercise your rights to have your legally owned property on your person HOWEVER YOU CHOOSE TO and stop telling other people how to exercise their rights.

Last edited:
Open carry in CT is not a smart move. Open carry in Bridgeport, CT is just plain stupid.
Another in a long line of idiots with time to waste making videos purporting to demonstrate their rights to open carry. I don't need these types protecting my 2A rights. And especially not testing the waters in Bridgeport. Show a gun there and you'll probably meet a bullet sooner than most places...and not from a cop. Complete dumbass.

Based on the video, it certainly appears he was just minding his own business until he started getting harassed by an officer and then he started recording to protect himself.

One more time.

https://youtu.be/mLj-PvU54sw?t=6m38s

Based on the video, it certainly appears he was just minding his own business until he started getting harassed by an officer and then he started recording to protect himself.

Good points but I'll say he knew what he was getting into. You don't open carry in downtown Bridgeport everyday (his words in second video) and never have a problem until these cops showed up and started questioning him. The kid is not long for this world.

Bridgpeport isn't the worst city around the northeast but it tries hard to compete.
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...truction-Shooting-Suspect-Dead-297675751.html

You and Kmanick should get together and start a club. I like guns but I will let someone else fight my battles club. People like you and Kmanick are the problem not the solution.

You and Kmanick should get together and start a club. I like guns but I will let someone else fight my battles club. People like you and Kmanick are the problem not the solution.
If open carrying in Bridgeport is a solution then you and the ding-dong from the video can demonstrate that right all you want. And you both can continue to fight my battles...but do it late on a Saturday night in Bridgeport. You both will have 911 on speed dial. Kmanick and I will take the day shift.

If open carrying in Bridgeport is a solution then you and the ding-dong from the video can demonstrate that right all you want. And you both can continue to fight my battles...but do it late on a Saturday night in Bridgeport. You both will have 911 on speed dial. Kmanick and I will take the day shift.

Your ignorance is outstanding, do you understand the word, RIGHT?

Back
Top Bottom