• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OC in CT. Guy is asked to leave Subway...

Good for him.

Those cops clearly knew not to actually arrest him and what the law was. Because has they arrested him, he has direct case law defending what he's doing and saying.

Just another instance of cops needing to harass citizens so they can feel like they have power.

Remember this happened in Bridgeport where they just re-elected a convicted felon ex-mayor, who just got out of federal prison for bribery, for which he was convicted of, and removed from office for, DURING HIS LAST TERM AS MAYOR.

If that's who they elect as mayor, you get a nice taste for who they hire as cops.

That supervisor was a **** to act like that. He should be ashamed of himself for letting himself go, and the pd should be ashamed for thinking they should keep a fatass like that on payroll when the job can be physically demanding. Holy shit, fail all around in Bridgeport, CT.

I don't get what the big deal is. If you're open carrying and a cop says can I see your permit? why do you not just show it to him and be on your way?

that's just obnoxious. Knowing the climate being what it is that's just asking for harassment. I'm sorry on this one I don't agree, show your permit and order your f**king sub. do you need to prove a point 24/7
It' s not like we don't already have enough obstacles carrying. Learn to pick your battles wisely in life.

[video=youtube_share;mLj-PvU54sw]http://youtu.be/mLj-PvU54sw?t=6m38s[/video]

go to 6:38

Last edited:
Well this is tricky, somewhat. Being a law abiding resident of CT that has a carry permit my first reaction would probably be to just show my permit if asked. At first blush I would not think of a cop asking to see my pistol permit while open carrying to be an abuse or overstepping of authority since CT law says you have to have a permit in order to carry outside of your home or your personal place of business. It probably would not occur to me until later that they should have some reason to ask for my permit.

So, the guy in the video has a good point, the cops should not be asking for his permit just because he was open carrying. That said, he was provoking them a bit. After seeing this video think I would want to know a reason for being asked but I would probably show my permit before things got too heated with the police.

I don't think we accomplish anything by being overly antagonistic about our gun rights. It's necessary to stand up for them, let the authorities know that we know the law and we have the right to know why we are being asked to produce a permit. Then showing the permit out of good faith is good so we don't come across looking like a bunch of hot heads looking for a fight. If we look like hot heads it won't make them treat us better, it will just make them change the law to allow them to ask for no reason.

Subway, where your sandwiches are made from yoga mats.

They fixed that an no longer use that ingredient in their bread. However....McDonalds and Wendy's still do...lol

Anyway...that was rude of the supervisor saying why are you out challenging the law. So when someone exercise a constitutional right they are challenging the law? That is total BS.

Additionally, this is why they don't like open carry. Because unless you do something illegal or use the gun to defend yourself you are not legally obligated to show them any id without probable cause. Even when they try to make up some sh#t like they tried to here. So unless that cop knows you are prohibited.....nothing they can do. Now they can bust your balls and cuff you and frisk you but that would be a violation of your rights and they don't seem like they care too much about that. But by the book...everyone could walk around with a gun on their hip.

Well this is tricky, somewhat. Being a law abiding resident of CT that has a carry permit my first reaction would probably be to just show my permit if asked. At first blush I would not think of a cop asking to see my pistol permit while open carrying to be an abuse or overstepping of authority since CT law says you have to have a permit in order to carry outside of your home or your personal place of business. It probably would not occur to me until later that they should have some reason to ask for my permit.

So, the guy in the video has a good point, the cops should not be asking for his permit just because he was open carrying. That said, he was provoking them a bit. After seeing this video think I would want to know a reason for being asked but I would probably show my permit before things got too heated with the police.

I don't think we accomplish anything by being overly antagonistic about our gun rights. It's necessary to stand up for them, let the authorities know that we know the law and we have the right to know why we are being asked to produce a permit. Then showing the permit out of good faith is good so we don't come across looking like a bunch of hot heads looking for a fight. If we look like hot heads it won't make them treat us better, it will just make them change the law to allow them to ask for no reason.

No, because that sets a bad precedent and then that could become an even more intrusive law. You make them stick to the letter of the law just as they make you stick to it. Probable cause? No. See ya later.

wow I guess with you (chevy 2 65) there is only black and white huh.
remind me to invite you to my next party LOL!
I have to agree with Carl on this one.

that's just obnoxious. Knowing the climate being what it is that's just asking for harassment. I'm sorry on this one I don't agree, show your permit and order your f**king sub. do you need to prove a point 24/7
It' s not like we don't already have enough obstacles carrying. Learn to pick your battles wisely in life.

And at that point that was that guys battle. He is not required by law in that state to show a permit to carry so why should he. The law was on HIS side not the cops.

But by all means bow down if you choose.

Remember this happened in Bridgeport where they just re-elected a convicted felon ex-mayor, who just got out of federal prison for bribery, for which he was convicted of, and removed from office for, DURING HIS LAST TERM AS MAYOR.

If that's who they elect as mayor, you get a nice taste for who they hire as cops.

any worse than hard hittin new Britain?

Back
Top Bottom