• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OC Customs Triggers

• Thread starter Deleted member 12999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12999

I figured I would finally make a thread here for us Glock fanbois. I've been running these triggers for a couple years now. They are a perfect value replacement for mushy stock Glock triggers. I've done almost everything you can do with G triggers... messing with springs... home gunsmithing... Gucci triggers. Personally, I think that messing with springs and connectors has a negative impact on reliability. Particularly connectors, but that's another thread.

GLOCK | GLOCK PARTS | GLOCK TRIGGERS | CUSTOM GLOCK TRIGGER

I am not affiliated with the company btw, I just have had really good experience. They are built on stock glock parts, but just polished and modified. They aren't really lighter, but how light do you really need a defensive gun trigger. I like the weight of G triggers, I just never liked how sloppy they were. I run the ones with the adjustable pre-travel. They have a small hex key hole in the top of trigger near the frame. You use the included key, and dial it back until the glock trigger safety (the back part that blocks trigger from moving rear) clears the frame reliably and allows trigger to break.

The result is a trigger that is LEGIT on the wall as soon as you clear that trigger safety. The trigger bar is basically moved rearward until it's closer to the firing pin safety plunger, which is a majority of the slop in the beginning of the trigger pull. The pull is short, the break is clean, and it's got a great weight/consistency.

As I said before, I don't recommend getting any connector or the over-travel eliminator. That's where problems can start. The best part? These are $50. That's like 1/3 the price of these Gucci triggers out there that are complete garbage. I run them in all of my Glocks, and don't see myself stopping any time soon.

this is timely, i have been looking at triggers today for my glock(s). all are pretty pricey and the skinflint in me says give this a try. i put a connector on one last night and don't really feel any difference in crispness or reset. actually, i was just doing a comparison between two gen 3's a few minutes ago, one with the connector and the other all glock internals. honestly, the all glock one felt better. no mush or creep in both but i swear the crispness of the let off was better on the unaltered gun. i'll get ambitious tomorrow and check my gen 4's against 'em.

this is timely, i have been looking at triggers today for my glock(s). all are pretty pricey and the skinflint in me says give this a try. i put a connector on one last night and don't really feel any difference in crispness or reset. actually, i was just doing a comparison between two gen 3's a few minutes ago, one with the connector and the other all glock internals. honestly, the all glock one felt better. no mush or creep in both but i swear the crispness of the let off was better on the unaltered gun. i'll get ambitious tomorrow and check my gen 4's against 'em.

That's what I love about these. 0 take up and super crisp.

Just a bump.... bought two of these recently, they beat their time estimates by over a week, so that was a good impression.

I bought a DUTY CARRY trigger for my Gen5 G19 as well as a similar Gen5 one with the pretravel eliminator, probably going to set that up in my 34. I got the enhanced where they smooth off
the nub. Feels nice so far. I put in an OEM minus connector in the gun, and between the trigger and the minus connector, while the pull weight didnt drop much from stock, it smoothed it out considerably, removed a lot of the gritty feel from it. Will be more interesting once I get a chance to range test it, but like it so far...

Just a bump.... bought two of these recently, they beat their time estimates by over a week, so that was a good impression.

I bought a DUTY CARRY trigger for my Gen5 G19 as well as a similar Gen5 one with the pretravel eliminator, probably going to set that up in my 34. I got the enhanced where they smooth off
the nub. Feels nice so far. I put in an OEM minus connector in the gun, and between the trigger and the minus connector, while the pull weight didnt drop much from stock, it smoothed it out considerably, removed a lot of the gritty feel from it. Will be more interesting once I get a chance to range test it, but like it so far...

I just put one in @GPP 's gen 3 19. Its so buttery smooth.

I’m going to have to take a more serious look at these for my G20SF build out. This is at least the third time I’ve seen them mentioned and all had good reviews.

Kids these things are the real deal. Even the plain one with no over/pre travel adjustment is a winner.

Yesterday I took out a new G45 bone stock and a new-ish G19 Gen5 with an OC customs duty type trigger (w enhanced safety contour thing) that had a glock OEM 3.5 lb minus connector and the difference between the two guns was like night and day. It wasn't even the pull weight, it was that the OC trigger bar dumps a lot of what I would call "shitty trigger take up feel". It feels smoother and less lumpy. No it's not going to make your Glock a Nintendo controller like Sig X-five trigger, but it's a big impovement vs stock. This is also going to sound retarded saying it, but the difference was even more apparent on the range than it is in dry firing.

-Mike

Kids these things are the real deal. Even the plain one with no over/pre travel adjustment is a winner.

Yesterday I took out a new G45 bone stock and a new-ish G19 Gen5 with an OC customs duty type trigger (w enhanced safety contour thing) that had a glock OEM 3.5 lb minus connector and the difference between the two guns was like night and day. It wasn't even the pull weight, it was that the OC trigger bar dumps a lot of what I would call "shitty trigger take up feel". It feels smoother and less lumpy. No it's not going to make your Glock a Nintendo controller like Sig X-five trigger, but it's a big impovement vs stock. This is also going to sound retarded saying it, but the difference was even more apparent on the range than it is in dry firing.

-Mike
Hmmm. Might have to pick one up to test aside my usual go to aftermarket

-Mike

Not only that.... you avoid the full rape aftermarket BEST TRIGGAR EVAR market.

Just my 2 cents.

I've been doing glock triggers for about 6 years. Mostly Gen 4 (G19,G26,G21,G34,G41,G43) and one Gen 5 (G45). Have done Ghost, Vogel (Glocktriggers.Com), and OC Custom.

Always like Vogel and you can't go wrong with them however the OC Custom on my G45 is the best drop in trigger by far. DISCLAIMER : Be aware that the G45 is a Gen 5 and I have not installed any other type of trigger on a Gen5. I also shoot Glocks in IDPA SSP/CCP so I have never installed an "illegal" trigger on my competition guns (ZEV, Apex).

I just ordered an overerwatch. Ill update here. Same price as the OC, but no 4 week lead time.
Most of the OCC products don't actually take that long I think they just post that because they don't want people to be pissed off if they get busy....

Most of the OCC products don't actually take that long I think they just post that because they don't want people to be pissed off if they get busy....
I picked the Overwatch for a few reasons..
G43...
Flat face
Polished bar
No grooves
On sale and w/ coupon $51
I can return it if it sucks.

Bonus, I ordered from Optics Planet (rare for me) and they had it in stock, and looks like it shipped (even more rare)

I also needed a stock connector... which they had.

Tough finding G43 parts. I think because everybody is Balls to the Wall now, and all those 80% builds sucking up the Glock stuff. I guess I'll just have to Accept what I can get and when.

i am using this one and it is just fine.

i would not say it is something exceptional, but, it is just fine, and i like it.

I have a flat faced ZEV kit in my 22. The pull is certainly nice but I'm not sure I love the flat face. Especially on the gen 2 without a backstrap I feel like I have too much finger on the trigger for a flat face. Maybe the gen 5 will be different.

I just ordered an overerwatch. Ill update here. Same price as the OC, but no 4 week lead time.
So, got the Overwatch trigger + installed
It's nice. Solid. Comes with a trigger bar that is factory (got the OEM number on it). It's polished/coated or both.
Factory connector, which i polished.
Smooth, little takeup. Probably about the same, if not less pull wieght than factory. similar reset. good break.
Flat, smooth trigger face feels much much better than OEM, as does the safety mechanism.
I needed a trigger, so $50-$15 it would have cost me for OEM= $35 for a much better feel/pull.. well worth it.
Next to my G19 trigger it does feel much better.
We'll see how it is at the range.

How do these triggers compare to ghost connectors or something of that ilk?
Think of it as a polished, cleaned up Glock OEM trigger bar part. The best of which is the blending of the drop safety trigger tab if you get enhanced option. They do have pretravel and overtravel eliminator options too but i stick with the basics. If someone was skilled at polishing and so on you could do the same for less, but for $60 or whatever its cheaper to job it out.

I bumbled around trying to replace the firing pin, spring and retainer on my LCP II today but didn’t have the right tools so I did the OC trigger instead. I got the pre-travel adjustment incredibly tight as you can see from this photo. I’m really looking forward to taking this to the range and I won’t embarress myself with the full story when I was fumbling with the trigger housing Lol.

A7069DBE-FC3B-4CBF-B959-676B47D90DCB.jpeg

I bumbled around trying to replace the firing pin, spring and retainer on my LCP II today but didn’t have the right tools so I did the OC trigger instead. I got the pre-travel adjustment incredibly tight as you can see from this photo. I’m really looking forward to taking this to the range and I won’t embarress myself with the full story when I was fumbling with the trigger housing Lol.

View attachment 472450
I'd like to hear the full story so I can save myself some trouble

I'd like to hear the full story so I can save myself some trouble
Long story short: Many of the OC trigger replacement videos on YT use old Gen glocks and the internals are slightly different. I finally found a good one and used the GlockStore video for disassembly and reassembly for the right information.

The OC trigger is awesome. I kept tight groups and the reset was way more predictable/easier to time. I'm going to order one for my 30S. Now if I can only just get my Glock 45 to not shoot low and to the left LOL
Push the finger way deeper over the trigger. Shoot, keep it pressed in, release until it sets, then pull it again with no jerk. It will stop going left low, eventually.
And make sure to polish connector well, a ‘-‘ 3.5lb or 4lb one helps too.

Back
Top Bottom