• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Obtaining an LTC in Fitchburg, Lunenburg?

Here is the deal, my wife and I are thinking of selling our house and moving further east. She works in Lunenburg and I work in Shrewsbury. We currently live in Templeton and want to move closer to work. My first thoughts of moving to Fitchburg were that of "absolutely no frigen way" until my wife showed me some of the new developments out there. We're thinking of moving either there Lunenburg, Leominster, or Clinton. I've had my Class A LTC for about 9 years now and it is up for renewal next year and I won't move to a town that won't re-issue this to me. When looking on the forum here I found that Fitchburg was a red town so I wanted to know if anyone has been successful in getting an LTC-A in this town? I'm thinking it would be easier for me because I've had the license for this long without any issues.

I know Clinton is a green town as my brother lives there and everytime he renews his LTC the CLEO always talks his ear off about guns. I'm leaning towards Clinton if we move but we did find a house in Fitchburg that was quite amazing.

Leominster is definitely green. But, WTF -- why not move a little northeast and get a place in like Brookline or Mason NH ?!?! About a 10 minute ride from here, and I'm on the Lunenburg line.

Fitchburg and Leominster are green. I think Fitchburg requires a couple
reference letters on first time applicants but I am not sure if that is still the
case. (was when I first applied, but that was pre-MIRCS) I doubt they would
ask on a renewal, even if it's from a different city/town. They only issue
ALP. Leominster used to be iffy but most of the people I know that have gotten
LTCs there in the past few years have had no problems getting
A/ALP.

I agree with Mark though... if someone is going to go through the expense of
packing their shit up, why stay in MA? (specially if your job is within a half an hour or so of
north central MA. )

-Mike

I got mine in Fitchburg last year. You need two notarized letters of reference. In your reason for applying "All lawful purposes" is all that I put and myself and best friend had no trouble at all. Got an LTC-A ALP no questions asked.

Back
Top Bottom