Obama's Gun-Grabbing Gov. Going Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't happen to a bigger scumbag.

Illinois governor taken into custody

(CNN) -- Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich is in federal custody on corruption charges, a law enforcement official said Tuesday.

Blagojevich and his chief of staff John Harris are charged with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and solicitation of bribery, according to a statement from the U.S. Attorney's office for the Northern District of Illinois.

Federal prosecutors say Blagojevich, Harris and others conspired to gain financial benefits in appointing President-elect Barack Obama's Senate replacement, according to the statement.

Blagojevich, Harris and others are also alleged to have withheld state assistance to the Tribune Company in connection with the sale of Wrigley Field. The statement says this was done to induce the firing of Chicago Tribune editorial board members who were critical of Blagojevich.

The statement also alleges that Blagojevich and others tried to illegally obtain campaign contributions.

A news conference is expected at noon ET.

Certainly cheered up my morning.

Awww what a shame for such an upstanding politician...I mean scumbag...I mean politician.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom