Obama to Gun Control Advocates: Gets as Mobilized as the NRA

mikeyp

NES Member
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ntrol-advocates-gets-as-mobilized-as-the-nra/

- - - Updated - - -

“Honestly this is not going to change unless the people who want to prevent these kinds of mass shootings from taking place feel at least as passionate, at least as mobilized and well-funded as the NRA and the gun manufacturers are because the politics in Congress are such where even members of Congress who know better are fearful if they vote their concience and support common sense measures like background checks, they’re worried they’re gong to lose,” Obama said at a town hall meeting in Minneapolis.
Yeah, the $50 million from Bloomturd is a drop in the bucket, right?

Obama said that his 24 executive actions enacted since then are “making sure we are sifting through and separating out responsible gun owners from people who really shouldn’t be having a weapon. So we’ve probably made some progress. We’ve probably saved a few lives.”
Is that like the "jobs created or saved" comments from his wonderful stimulus package?

I still don't get the background check crap. It's a lie, a soundbite, and a tool to scare people into thinking Mr. Smith McCriminal can walk into a store or gunshow and buy whatever the hell the want, no questions asked (oh right, they only do that for incompetent people buying automobiles which they lack the skill to use properly...).

in Congress are such where even members of Congress who know better are fearful if they vote their concience and support common sense measures like background checks, they’re worried they’re gong to lose,” Obama said at a town hall meeting in Minneapolis.
so they are afraid to NOT vote the way their constituents want

and that's a bad thing how....?

definitely needs to be fixed [rolleyes]

Obama is a lame duck the next couple of years and his legacy will be well short of Jimmy Carter when all the facts about the damage he caused to this country come to light for the progressives which are a selfish bunch that support him. They will pay for his policies along with the rest of the country as will the black American's that are so proud of this liar and loser. The Republicans that allowed him to get away with much of his policy are every bit as much to blame and Boners lawsuit isn't going to raise a pimple on Odumbo's Azz. It's just one more showboating example for the ignorant that thing theirs a big difference between the Dems and Rino's.

i cant offer anything witty or substtntive other than to say that i hate this useless waste of human flesh

Obama is a lame duck the next couple of years and his legacy will be well short of Jimmy Carter when all the facts about the damage he caused to this country come to light for the progressives which are a selfish bunch that support him. They will pay for his policies along with the rest of the country as will the black American's that are so proud of this liar and loser. The Republicans that allowed him to get away with much of his policy are every bit as much to blame and Boners lawsuit isn't going to raise a pimple on Odumbo's Azz. It's just one more showboating example for the ignorant that thing theirs a big difference between the Dems and Rino's.

Even if I were NOT a gun owner, I'd still say that the Kenyan-in-Chief is the single worst, the absolute worst, president in our nation's history. And I'm glad I'm not a Marine, cuz if I were standing on the tarmac as he boarded Marine One, and forced to salute this traitorous un-American piece of sh*t?
I'd "hock a gooey lunger" and spit it in this scumball's face.
And if I missed, at least hopefully I'd hit Madam "Finally I'm Proud" square in her ugly, pompous puss.

And please, PLEASE liberals, stop with the "you're just racist" garbage you throw at anyone who criticizes this un-American DISGRACE.

It's gotten old.

I still don't get the background check crap. It's a lie, a soundbite, and a tool to scare people into thinking Mr. Smith McCriminal can walk into a store or gunshow and buy whatever the hell the want, no questions asked (oh right, they only do that for incompetent people buying automobiles which they lack the skill to use properly...).

In most of the country you can buy a gun from an individual with no background check and probably no license. Carrying without a license is a different thing though.

I think it is safe to say that the hysteria he has caused has cost lives with more casualties to come.

Sensationalizing these events plays no small part in encouraging the next deranged lunatic with a boiler-plate means of getting attention, notoriety and infamy.

I would say that anti-gun people are also responsible for a large number of accidents and deaths relating to the firearms ignorance they have imposed on multiple generations of this nation. Not to mention the disarmed and ill-prepared who found themselves sitting ducks when 9-1-1 was their only plan and it failed.

We should not mince words - Gun-Control kills.

Sensationalizing these events plays no small part in encouraging the next deranged lunatic with a boiler-plate means of getting attention, notoriety and infamy.

Many well respected leaders in the field of Psychology fully agree that the attention, notoriety and power to spread your message are huge incentives for those who have detached from reality to go on a shooting spree. Essentially the media has made a deal with future mass shooters saying you give us a story and we will make you famous, make you sympathetic, make your complaints known to a huge audience and make the people you feel have wronged you pay.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303309504579181702252120052

As for Obama's statement...The Anti Gunners will never organize like the NRA...they simply do not have the passion for the cause that gun owners do. Most Anti's are also fighting for Income Equality or Not building on slightly damp land etc...if they lose the gun debate they have issues to fall back on. If we lose we face a huge change to our beliefs and way of life.

great article redsoxandaks! heres a section that i found particularly interesting:

"In 1984, a rash of suicides broke out on the subway system in Vienna. As the death toll climbed, a group of researchers at the Austrian Association for Suicide Prevention theorized that sensational reporting was inadvertently glorifying the suicides. Three years into the epidemic, the researchers persuaded local media to change their coverage by minimizing details and photos, avoiding romantic language and simplistic explanations of motives, moving the stories from the front page and keeping the word "suicide" out of the headlines. Subway suicides promptly dropped by 75%.This approach has been recommended by numerous public health and media organizations world-wide, from the U.K., Australia, Norway and Hong Kong to the U.S., where in 2001 a similar set of reporting guidelines was released jointly by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institute of Mental Health and the surgeon general. It is difficult to say whether these guidelines have helped, since journalists' adherence to them has been scattered at best, but they might still serve as a basis for changing the reporting of massacres."

In most of the country you can buy a gun from an individual with no background check and probably no license. Carrying without a license is a different thing though.

universal background checks is doublespeak for national registration. Otherwise its without any teeth

Even if I were NOT a gun owner, I'd still say that the Kenyan-in-Chief is the single worst, the absolute worst, president in our nation's history. And I'm glad I'm not a Marine, cuz if I were standing on the tarmac as he boarded Marine One, and forced to salute this traitorous un-American piece of sh*t?
I'd "hock a gooey lunger" and spit it in this scumball's face.
And if I missed, at least hopefully I'd hit Madam "Finally I'm Proud" square in her ugly, pompous puss.

And please, PLEASE liberals, stop with the "you're just racist" garbage you throw at anyone who criticizes this un-American DISGRACE.

It's gotten old.
This is so true. And we have two more years of this commie left to go. I really don't think the country can take much more without big time blood spilling starting somewhere.

universal background checks is doublespeak for national registration. Otherwise its without any teeth

That's how they've set it up in previous bills, but that's only because they insist on the full monte.

Instituting universal background checks requires that all law-abiding citizens only transfer guns to valid purchasers. At that point, felons wishing to buy a gun will be able to do so only from illegitimate sources, making it slightly more difficult. Over the long run, it would likely somewhat reduce the number of guns available to bad guys, as now legally owned guns wouldn't be sold into the underground (except those stolen, of course).

You can then take it a step further and institute a national registry to be able to trace the chain of ownership, but you can do the former without the latter.

I'm not saying I'm for or against it, just describing a couple of things as I see them.

Obama said that his 24 executive actions enacted since then are “making sure we are sifting through and separating out responsible gun owners from people who really shouldn’t be having a weapon. So we’ve probably made some progress. We’ve probably saved a few lives.

I don't mind saving a few lives.
Especially mine.
That's why I CCW...

The organizers maybe hard core , but a good part of the rank and file are bored house frau's with the attention span of a puppy.
It's the cause of the week till someone tries to build houses on spotted salamander breeding ground or they start to suspect hubby is tagging the secretary.
Even alot of the leaders are playing for pay.
We on the other hand have actual skin in the game.
Someone is trying to take whats ours, far more motivation.

Back
Top Bottom