• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Obama Poised to Tighten Gun Laws After Holidays

http://blogs.rollcall.com/white-hou...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

“What we expect is that they are going to better define what it means to be ‘in the business’ of selling firearms,” said a source with knowledge of the administration’s thinking. Congressional aides say they are hearing similar rumblings.

Under current laws, only licensed firearms dealers are required to conduct background checks on those trying to buy guns. What’s more, the only individuals considered “in the business” are ones who must apply to be dealers — but that leaves countless people selling firearms without registering.

“Currently many people, even those who sell tons of guns each year, just say that they aren’t ‘in the business,’ or ‘it’s just a hobby,’ in order to get out of the licensing and its attendant background check requirement,” the source told Roll Call. “Because what ‘in the business’ means is so unclear, it’s very difficult and thus very rare for people to be prosecuted under this standard.

A recent CNN/ORC poll suggests the American public is siding with GOP arguments. The survey found a majority (52 percent) of those polled oppose tighter gun laws. And a Washington Post/ABC News poll found 53 percent are against the assault weapons ban the White House has endorsed.

Obama hates small business always has since day one. Cleaver route should be interesting..The comment section is a riot...

Last edited:
This ain't going anywhere.... that is, unless Obama wants to see an explosion of Type 01 and 07 FFLs all over the place. [rofl] Again worlds best gun salesman, ever.... [rofl]

Oddly enough all new gun sales have to have the approval of the government so in reality it's the government that determines who's hands the guns go to. To hold the manufacturer responsible after the government gives it's approval is pretty stupid.

the only individuals considered “in the business” are ones who must apply to be dealers — but that leaves countless people selling firearms without registering.

So, these people selling firearms without "registering", where did their guns come from ???
They certainly weren't purchased directly from a manufacturer or distributor.

“Currently many people, even those who sell tons of guns each year, just say that they aren’t ‘in the business,’ or ‘it’s just a hobby,’ in order to get out of the licensing and its attendant background check requirement,”

A typical anti-gun dem will interpret this to mean the seller must run a background check on himself, not the buyer.

Zero is trying to do a rain dance as it's already down pouring. I'll be more than happy to get an 01 or 07. I'll be even happier to get a Class 3 SOT. Don't make me have to buy an SBR, SBS, or MG for hundreds versus tens of thousands of dollars, Zero.

But something tells me 0's going to have to make changes to every state, city, and town laws on business zoning-which won't happen.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/apply-license

Zero is trying to do a rain dance as it's already down pouring. I'll be more than happy to get an 01 or 07. I'll be even happier to get a Class 3 SOT. Don't make me have to buy an SBR, SBS, or MG for hundreds versus tens of thousands of dollars, Zero.
This [rofl]

But something tells me 0's going to have to make changes to every state, city, and town laws on business zoning-which won't happen.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/apply-license

the problem with this in MA is, they make you have a place of business. I gave up my 01 years ago when MA & he Feds changed this; prior to that there thousands of kitchen table FFL's out there.

the problem with this in MA is, they make you have a place of business. I gave up my 01 years ago when MA & he Feds changed this; prior to that there thousands of kitchen table FFL's out there.
Depending on the town, getting the FFL is about as difficult as falling off a log. Ask me how I know. Jack.

The problem I see for us is that he could emulate the Massachusetts law that only allows X number of personal sales per year. Unfortunately he could use the ATF to define what constitutes being a "dealer" and claim that you must have an FFL if you want to sell more than 1,2,5, whatever guns per year.

A nice back door way to ruin private sales for the rest of the country....

Some temporary executive orders are worth it for the additional damage it'll do in the coming elections.

I think it's a bunch of gesticulating and nose puffing about nothing, because he's going to find out rather quickly there isn't much he can do, and some of his buddies in the DNC are going to quickly start telling him to "**** off, elections are coming".

-Mike

I think it's a bunch of gesticulating and nose puffing about nothing, because he's going to find out rather quickly there isn't much he can do, and some of his buddies in the DNC are going to quickly start telling him to "**** off, elections are coming".

-Mike

Even better, he talks it up, hurts Dems in the polls, then does nothing, and the damage is already done.

Although at this point, how could anyone still be on the fence about 2A. Either you're pro or anti at this point. I don't know how anyone could look at current gun control proposals and think they're anything but a Trojan Horse.

A nice back door way to ruin atilla
FIFY and

archer-phrasing.jpg

I might just write in Archer for president. I mean, what's another cartoon character in the White House, right? And Archer would just kick ass. Now that I think of it, we really could have a virtual leader who is actually an animated character. There's just no difference anymore, as someone is always pulling the strings anyway.

Back
Top Bottom