1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Obama Health Care Speech

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jcetto0351, Sep 9, 2009.

1. jcetto0351

jcetto0351 NES Member

I thought it was the same recycled garbage and I don't think it will sway anybody into changing their minds about it (on both sides of the political aisle) and I'm sure somebody has something more relevant to add to this thread but...

Did anybody else notice that Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton wore the exact same red pants suit? I almost fell off the couch laughing so hard as the cameramen panned back and forth from Obama with Nancy in the backround to the main seating area with hillary sitting in the first row![rofl]

2. radioman

radioman NES Member

Agree. Same old same old. Nothing new.

3. zzrider

zzrider

Well, we did get fresh new threats about how we're all going to lose our jobs, go bankrupt, and die if we don't accept his plan.

Otherwise, yeah, same old lies. Kudos to Joe Wilson for calling him out.

4. jenlynn724

jenlynn724

I didn't watch.. I have no interest in anything he has to say.

1 person likes this.
  5. strangenh

strangenh NES Member

Plus a 4-year delay for him to get re-elected before the big changes go into effect, and time for the "small" government-run public option to start to drive private insurers out of the marketplace that he makes himself sound so fond of.

6. rapture

rapture

I'd have to say that my favorite part was when someone screamed out "Liar!" (or something to that effect) when he mentioned how his plan would not provide illegal immigrants with free health insurance. The look on his face was priceless.

7. radioman

radioman NES Member

I thought Nancy and Joe were both going to get eye strain from throwing whoever said that the stink eye![smile]

8. jcetto0351

jcetto0351 NES Member

Yeah, like how he'll fine any business that doesn't provide health care for their employees but the fine will be lower than the price to insure those employees so any business owner acting in his own self interest will dump their employees and pay the (lower costing) fine instead which will force employees to accept the public option or co-op or whatever they call the gov't plan

9. strangenh

strangenh NES Member

Yep. They think the MA system worked out great, too. He said no one can be refused private insurance, so if the fines aren't sky-high to force them to get insurance, plenty of people will just pay the fines and then get insurance only when they think they're sick. That'll drive the companies out of it even more, and soon, there will be only a single payer - the taxpayer.

10. Reptile

Reptile NES Member

Looks like somebody told Nancy to close her lips. Last time she struck a 1 hour pose with her lips pulled back like a rabid dog. That's a lot of botox and lots of skin stretched back.

Attached Files:

11. FiremanBob

FiremanBob NES Member

That Congressman called the WH later to apologize. He should have stuck to his guns.

12. Bfatz

Bfatz

Obama is a liar of grand proportions. Until I read or hear that Congress, The Senators, and the Representatives are getting the same plan he proposes for us Serfs, I am buying none of it.

Oh and by the way anyone ever see the Stars and Stripes hung behind the president like it was during last nights speech?..This was nothing but a photo op...Before Castro became the Dictator in Cuba the first thing he offered his citizens was a Universal Health Care plan....are we the new Cuba?...Wake up America were going to the shitter and quick.

My children come home from School daily with new propaganda BS about Swine Flue and this flue and that flue...the propaganda and stupidity of the citizens of this country is sickening to watch...Oh and here is the kicker one teacher told my daughter " if you get the Flue you are given the shot in school no matter what your parents say "...no kidding.....Try.

Truly a bunch of Robots

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  13. Jose

Jose Guest

+1

F him and the horse he rode in on.

14. Navy Moose

Navy Moose

Exactly, I'm just glad he didn't interfere with a football game.

15. pdm

pdm NES Member

I watched recorded episodes of NCIS instead. I was not happy that they bumped Wipeout a couple of minutes. Not happy at all.

16. Gak44

Gak44

This country is going down the drain faster and faster.[frown]

17. FiremanBob

FiremanBob NES Member

To use Code Pink's language: Obama Lies, America Dies.

18. Chris

Chris NES Member

Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
    What is sad is that NOBODY in the government is even asking "do we have Constitutional authority to even consider this kind of thing?"

THAT is the part that scares me the most. And the reason that ALL the bums need to be tossed out on their respective cans.

19. BBQ.Uncle

BBQ.Uncle NES Life Member NES Member

Barry sucks it. Hard.

[​IMG]

20. Lynne

Lynne

Well....for the 113th time, he still lies and sucks doing it.

21. Bfatz

Bfatz

26,000 more zombies falling off the payroll, funny how the Government Numbers never change, just a repeat of the same. Like these facts:

Bush Said:

“If we do not move swiftly to sign the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act into law, an economy that is already in crisis will be faced with catastrophe. … Millions more Americans will lose their jobs. Homes will be lost. Families will go without health care. Our crippling dependence on foreign oil will continue. That is the price of inaction.”

Obama said:

“If we do not move swiftly to sign the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act into law, an economy that is already in crisis will be faced with catastrophe. … Millions more Americans will lose their jobs. Homes will be lost. Families will go without health care. Our crippling dependence on foreign oil will continue. That is the price of inaction.”

See folks nothing has changed.....not a dam thing.

22. Gonzo

Gonzo

I made the mistake of buying a large flat screen television and the HD cable box a few months ago.

So I ended up channel surfing and saw the top 3 elected officials of this nation, life-size, in full 1080p HD, in my living room.

I didn't sleep well last night at all.

23. Lynne

Lynne

<shiver> that's really bad.

24. hikerlt

hikerlt

I wonder if there is a nancy pelosi Halloween mask yet....[shocked]

25. Pete85

Pete85

There was something new about Obama's speach last night. For the months leading up to the election and the months since he took office he's been preaching about bipartisanship, and working together as Americans to solve our problems. Last night it was all "the democrats are right and the republicans are wrong. The democrats will fix this problem with or without the help of the evil republicans". His speach last night made absolutely not attempt to sway any logical interest in the healthcare reform bill, but instead call those who oppose it stupid. Instead of acknowledging that the republicans, and many democrats have severe reservations about the healthcare bill he claims that the only reason someone would oppose this bill is to hurt him.

He still hasn't explained how anything in this bill will reduce costs or improve quality of care...the two things he claims it will do, however most people with any sort of knowledge on the issue claim otherwise. He knows that his claims are false, so instead of trying to persuade votes by pleading his case, he's trying to persuade votes by insulting the opposition and hoping people won't want to be associated with them because he's changed public opinion to think they are stupid or fear mongering or whatever the buzzword of the day is.

It seems his plans to get his agenda moving are speak loudly about the subject, tell people how if we don't pass this, the apocalypse will happen, put token citizens on TV saying how good this plan is, tell people that this will help them (but not how), and if all that fails, demonize anyone who opposes you. It's sickening that someone of such low moral integrity can be the leader of such a great nation.

26. ASHDUMP

ASHDUMP NES Member

"YOU LIE!"

I was so happy to hear this from someone! Some say it was demeaning and ruins the history of the chamber, but I see it as someone speaking out in front of the entire world calling it what it is. A President of the United States LIEING to the American people.

This guy should not have apologized and people who agree with him should stand behind him. I lost all respect for John McCain when he called Joe Wilson out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090910/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_health_care_heckling

27. MasterShinken

MasterShinken

This is why I dont recieve a single TV channel. I'll stick to netflix, xbox and internet news sources with a fast forward button.

28. Grendel

Grendel Banned

Sadly, they're using his (Joe Wilson's) outburst to motivate against him. His opponent's received more than 100K in funding last night.

http://ow.ly/oLs6

Defeating the man who yelled "liar" at Obama: Goodbye Rep Joe Wilson', "No More Name Calling," and "Iowans Against Idiocy."

29. TheWookie

TheWookie Banned

30. Shooter28

Shooter28

Has anyone read the book "Term Limits" by Vince Flynn? Everyone needs to read that book. Although its fiction, it mirrors the country as it stands today. Ex-Seals actually assasinate some of the top corrupt senate members and congressmen because they have been driving the US into the toilette and the public supports it. Maybe something like that should really happen....