Obama halts gun control efforts?

I'd love to buy into the hope, but if we've learned anything from history our politicians lie, cheat, steal, hide and misinform us all the time. Like I said, I'd love to believe, but overall I wouldn't be surprised if there's something else even more sinister coming down the pike. Hell, I'm waiting for Obama to sign the UN gun treaty any day now.

I'd love to buy into the hope, but if we've learned anything from history our politicians lie, cheat, steal, hide and misinform us all the time. Like I said, I'd love to believe, but overall I wouldn't be surprised if there's something else even more sinister coming down the pike. Hell, I'm waiting for Obama to sign the UN gun treaty any day now.

I agree with this. No gun ban, just a $1.50 per round tax on ammo to pay to fund school security.

I wad told buy a friend of mine who works down on the belt way that biden is pro2a and a gun owner I doubt it but i like having hope around Christmas!

Biden wrote the first (1994) AWB and had been pushing versions of it for years before that. He's said he owns a couple of guns, but I don't think his idea of the 2nd Amendment is much like any of ours.

If anything I think Obama isn't as excited by gun control as many of those he's surrounded himself with, but he goes along with it along with everything else in the standard establishment-backed Chicago Democrat package. Either way, though, he's got Biden to do the dirty work.

and now that $2,500 rifle or $750 1k case of .223 you just bought stings.

I'll be buying it from you for $600 and $325, respectively, in about 3 months. Thank you for making the drive shorter.

I don't really give a shit about the why, all I care about for the moment is my hope that it is true...

Also consider that democrats may control the senate and the white house, but republicans control the Governor's mansions in the majority of states as well as state legislatures. Gun control within the states will be considered - but not overly successful.

Also democrats will have a difficult - but not impossible - task of retaking the house. Because of redistricting - which was done when republicans controlled most of the state Governor's mansions and state legislatures - as a result of the last mid-term election. Most congressional districts were redrawn to favor conservative candidness. Make no mistake - that played a HUGE role in them keeping the house during the last election in which the President was on the ballot.

No - the liberal plan of gun control is much more diabolical than that. Look at the supreme court. Heller - a 5-4 decision. McDonald another 5-4. Now consider how old some of the conservative justices are. Obama only needs to replace one! Then they can have all the gun control they want - without a single Democratic legislator having to make that difficult vote on the matter. All controlled by unelected Supreme court justices who will never have to face the voters at the ballot box! THAT is how they will accomplish their goal...

This. Read this very carefully and understand what he is saying.
It will get better before it gets worse.

I read that article 3 days ago when it Byron tweeted about it. I agree the Biden choice shows it isn't a huge priority. I do not think anything gets by the House (but I don't trust Boehner as much as the libs could trust Pelosi) and I am sure Obama knows this too. I also don't think Reid really is very anxious to go there strongly. As I have said for the past week, I am more worried about Mass going to something extreme. Where is our firewall in this shithole?

This. Read this very carefully and understand what he is saying.
It will get better before it gets worse.

I mostly agree, but in the time it takes for it to happen that way, there will that many more people who have now woken up and will have stockpiled whatever they want. Outright banning/confiscation will never work, either. I also don't see any of the conservatives retiring during Obama's term. I hope they are in good health.

- - - Updated - - -

Ny worse then mass guy is openly talking about confiscation...

Agree - that is absurd, and counter-productive, IMO for their side.

Ny worse then mass guy is openly talking about confiscation...

Yeah, I saw that. It's red meat rhetoric. Cuomo is smarter than that and knows that he wouldn't get away with it. That said, he did say one option was a forced buy back which is more possible but I am still going with the red meat theory.

Well Biden when running against Obama in first term said he won't let him take his guns. So I'm pretty sure Biden is an avid gun owner?

Even if he was I bet its one of those elitist "I can have one but not you" things

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As i've said before, the Democrats know there's pretty much zero chance of any gun control making it through the House, so they're just putting on this charade for the masses to make it look like they're doing something.

By the time the "commission" issues its report in mid-January, this will probably be a distant memory in the public mind. It's political grandstanding, nothing more.

Until the next shooting, and then we have to go through this crap all over again.

Either way, I hope these fools keep talking like their talking because every day the populace becomes more "regulated."

I mostly agree, but in the time it takes for it to happen that way, there will that many more people who have now woken up and will have stockpiled whatever they want. Outright banning/confiscation will never work, either. I also don't see any of the conservatives retiring during Obama's term. I hope they are in good health.

Antonin Scalia - 76 years old
Anthony Kennedy - 76 years old
Clarence Thomas - 64 years old
John Roberts - 57 years old
Samuel Alito 62 years old

Those are your conservative justices. Scalia and Kennedy will both be over 80 assuming they outlive Obama's 2nd term.

Obama doesn't need to wait for them to retire. There is a good chance one of them could die on the bench.. He appoints 1 justice to replace and he flips the balance of the court. Then they can overturn Heller and McDonald all day long.

When it happens - this is how the 2nd amendment will be undone.

Last edited:
I'm sure that the POTUS is being briefed daily w/the # of "assault weapons" being sold. That figure is sobering.

This is exactly why I support the gun buying spree.

People are casting a vote - with their own money. If we know that people are spending insane amounts of money on AR lowers on Gunbroker - I'd be willing to bet that it's showing up in some government report somewhere too. If we know that Magpul is pulling in three shifts to make PMAG's - then I bet they know it too.

MONEY is a much more forceful vote than any online poll or pulling a lever down at your local school because it shows you mean business.

Buy early - and buy often.

- - - Updated - - -

I wad told buy a friend of mine who works down on the belt way that biden is pro2a and a gun owner I doubt it but i like having hope around Christmas!

Biden is a Fudd. - AT BEST.

He has been responsible for anti gun legislation in the past.

Back
Top Bottom