Obama halts gun control efforts?

some may remember the toilet paper shortage, YES A TOILET PAPER SHORTAGE,

wernn't a damn thing on the shelves, turned out to be a false alarm.

same thing with oil. folks go nuts and clean out the inventory.

This all comes back to the same thing - votes. Despite the shooting there are still a lot of pro gun Democrats. You alienate them and then you will lose the next waive of elections in the House and the Senate and potentially lose more governor seats. It always comes down to votes.

More debt?

Yeah, I saw that. It's red meat rhetoric. Cuomo is smarter than that and knows that he wouldn't get away with it. That said, he did say one option was a forced buy back which is more possible but I am still going with the red meat theory.

How does he propose that they pay for such a program? Print more Obamabucks? It is funny that when the country is in this much debt that they could come up with new and more foolish ways to create more debt.

Seems like a 'wishful thinking' way of looking at their remarks. I'll believe it when Feinstein's bill doesn't get Obama's support and then goes nowhere.

Feinstein's (or anyone's) bill doesn't need Obama's support, it needs Reid's support. Absent that, a bill in the Senate will go nowhere.

This all comes back to the same thing - votes. Despite the shooting there are still a lot of pro gun Democrats. You alienate them and then you will lose the next waive of elections in the House and the Senate and potentially lose more governor seats. It always comes down to votes.

This. Any marginal Congressmen, Democrat or Repbulican, is nervously looking at the 2014 mid terms already. The same goes for Senators who are up for reelection then who will face a strong challenge.

The Democrats remember, or should, that gun control cost them the house in 1994 and the White House in 2000. If not for his stance gun control, Gore would likely have won.

This is the problem with career politicians, everything they do is evaluated in light of how it will effect their next election.

im hoping nothing comes of this, so all the people that horded ar's will be selling off cheaper than they bought them for :)

It sorta reminds me of the 2000 internet stock bubble. everyone is talking about it, everyone is buying internet stock and talking about how it will never end then everyone has penny stock!

I can't say for sure. I have 2 AKs and only 1 AR so I am sitting this out. if they get really expensive i will ride it up. if they come crashing down, I didn't lose the chance to make millions as i only have 3.

I was referring to the few people that bought 10-20 ar's in hopes they turn around and sell for 4x the cost in event of ban.

Honestly wouldn't loose sleep if didn't get a ar, as I got in my own opinion, more fun toys than plastic.

I hope that Obama stops the nonsense with a new awb. The way I see it, america was founded on guns. Its part of our constitution. We live in a free country, if people don't like the second amendment, they can freely move to one of the countries that they always talk about. No one is forcing them to live here.

He's said he owns a couple of guns, but I don't think his idea of the 2nd Amendment is much like any of ours.

I'd be willing to bet he owns guns that would make some of us drool. It always turns out the the biggest anti-gun politicians are hypocrites who carry guns themselves. They're like the religious anti-gay rights politicians who turn out to be gay. These politicians just want to tell everyone else not to do the things that they do themselves.

Back
Top Bottom