• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Obama doner to destroy Guns n' Ammo and Shooting Times.

Knob Creek

NES Member
Typical

Employees of Obama donor Leo Hindery Jr.’s media conglomerate Intermedia Partners, which now owns most of the top gun-culture media outlets in the country, believe that Hindery plans to gut and destroy all of them as part of a business plan that has already led to numerous layoffs and the virtual shuttering of prominent television production facilities in Minnesota and Montana.

Hindery, who was in consideration to be President Barack Obama’s secretary of commerce, is managing partner of Intermedia Partners. The New York-based media private equity fund owns Intermedia Outdoor Holdings, which publishes 17 hunting, fishing, and shooting magazines, including Guns & Ammo, Handguns, Gun Dog, Rifle Shooter and Shooting Times.

Read more: Obama donor in process of buying up and 'destroying' America?s top pro-gun media outlets | The Daily Caller

This is getting ridiculous! Emanual is pressuring banks to stop backing arms manufacturers, Bloomberg purchases a congressional seat for an anti gun Illinois politician, and now this! Isn't it obvious to these self serving idiots, that for them to have to go to these lengths, that the American public has a second Ammendment that they do not want violated? And these ass hats are supposedly elected to serve us and fight for OUR viewpoint? What a pathetic joke they are!

I write quite a bit for Intermedia Outdoors. I just sent this to my editor to see if he has any comment.

From what I can see, the specialty publication division (annual magazines such as Combat Arms, Book of the AR15,etc.) seems to be expanding.

I don't buy it. If the media properties are profitable he would be hurting his own private equity firm that bought and invested in the companies.

It's probably a reorg and people are stretching the truth about what's going on.

I don't see a problem. May be he wants to buy my magazine too? It's only 100 mil $ ! [rofl]

They can't kill the demand, they can those rags and someone will start Guns&Ammo 2. Good luck with that strategy.

They don't have to sell their businesses--what they're doing, if the title is correct, is basic capitalism. If the demand is still there...new magazines will pop up to feed it.

I love the irony of being considered for commerce secretary position. This just goes along with showing that they aren't serious about jobs or the economy. On a positive note let them spend massive money to put speed bumps in the road. Killing them off will not fundamentally change anything and as stated before others will pop up. Let them burn all the money they can.

I don't buy it. If the media properties are profitable he would be hurting his own private equity firm that bought and invested in the companies.

It's probably a reorg and people are stretching the truth about what's going on.

Either Mr. Weebles is right, or there is going to be a huge void in the gun magazine market that will be filled by enterprising Americans.

Who the fxck cares. Print media is going the way of the dinosaur. They think shuttering gun magazines will stop people from buying they are retarded.

Most people just look at you tube now when they want a gun review.

Looks like he tried to get the Outdoor Channel but was outbid.

The Outdoor Channel, a leading hunting and fishing-themed television network, announced Thursday that it plans to sell itself to billionaire sports mogul Stan Kroenke’s company, destroying a merger deal with InterMedia Outdoor Holdings, which is owned by major Obama donor and Huffington Post blogger Leo Hindery Jr.

Read more: Billionaire outbids Obama donor for the Outdoor Channel | The Daily Caller

“This has nothing to do with gun rights or the fact I’m a Democrat,”

This has nothing to do with gun rights or the fact I’m a Democrat,” -- Leo Hindery Jr

See also No, Gun Publications Are Not Being Bought and Dismantled

New York Times said:
Mr. Hindery said it was a disingenuous argument. For starters, his political views have not altered the tone and direction of his gun culture media holdings in the several years he has owned the companies. He insisted that his publications were simply responsible voices about hunting and fishing, what he described as the largest sport in the country.

“I believe in the Second Amendment,” he said, adding that he grew up hunting and fishing. Yet he insisted, “I’m a Democrat and I’m proud of it.” He said the contention that he has a grand plan to destroy the hunting media is plainly false. The claim, according to The Daily Caller, came from an InterMedia employee who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

“This is coming from a disgruntled employee,” Mr. Hindery said. “We know who it is.”

Interesting. The theory is that one of the people who lost his job when Hindery's firm shut down their studio in Brainerd is behind all these rumors, not because there's any truth, but just as a way to slander Intermedia.

Back
Top Bottom