• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

obama backing off AWB???

I saw the same video from a different source. She was pressing him to say that they wanted to re-institute the ban, but he was unwilling to say it. So hopefully it's not a show and he's realized that it's a stupid law.

"Why isn't he taking a stand against these weapons?!"

[thinking] [sad2] [rolleyes]

They just won't ever get it.

I think our "President" has found himself in such deep "doo doo" that he is unwilling to start another battle. Despite his rave reviews from the media, I think he is allready on shaky ground and knows it.

I think our "President" has found himself in such deep "doo doo" that he is unwilling to start another battle. Despite his rave reviews from the media, I think he is allready on shaky ground and knows it.

No this guy is arrogant as hell, he doesn't care how shaky the ground gets. They know they will not get a bill by Nancy P. so I am sure they are cooking up something else and he doesn't want to tip anyone off.

Now, where is my foil hat?

All this means is that it won't happen THIS month! Obama has caved in to the far left on a lot of issues already, and he has only been in office a few months. He isn't stupid, and realizes that there are a whole lot more liberal issues he wants to push through BEFORE he uses his political capital to pick up gun control.

I hope we might get a breather for another 1 1/2 years, until the congressional elections are over. Hopefully, by then, the NRA will grow a pair and start doing more to publicize gun rights issues. Recent gun killings--why is there no press from the NRA asking how a Dishonorably Discharged man gets a gun, how if citizens had guns on them these tragedies could have been avoided, polls showing that the majority of people have guns and respect the right for gun ownership.

Hopefully, by then, some intelligent Republican candidates might start LEADING the party, and focus on gun rights issues. If Sarah Palin is all they have, we are going to be in for a long 8 year ride. Republicans have to find someone of their own that can walk and chew gum at the same time. Remember, Obama came out of nowhere, and really just rode everyones revulsion of how poorly Bush was doing. He is not at solid as he might seem at this time.

Last edited:

Puh-leeze. The dems have no reason to fear us, either electorally or existentially. We need to take a page out of the Muslim playbook: mess with us and there will be trouble. We need to bust a few caps.

No this guy is arrogant as hell, he doesn't care how shaky the ground gets. They know they will not get a bill by Nancy P. so I am sure they are cooking up something else and he doesn't want to tip anyone off.

Now, where is my foil hat?
I thought nancy P. was in favor of AWB even though she says it isnt going to happen on her watch.

The AWB is coming. Obama has announced two other big fights already , though.
He's going after Universal Heath Care and Illegal Aliens Amnesty first.

Provided all the naughty little monkeys on the International Scene behave , We probably have another 6 months before it comes around. Maybe.

Party Democrats keep a pretty tight rein on their "talking points " I think the fitful little bursts of AWB talk and threats are deliberate , testing the waters and keeping the idea on simmer until it's time to turn up the heat.

I figure on him doing a year of " Change " , followed by a year of Ugly political mud slinging to protect the mid term elections. After that .... we're in for Obama round Two.

?????

Caved in to the far left?
He is the far left.
Who's further left than him?
For dead guys Mao Zedong and Enver Hoxha? For live ones Hugo Chavez, Kim Jong-Il, Fidel Castro (barely), Bashar al-Assad and Robert Mugabe.

Hell, Obama's so far left, Stalin and Lenin would've been to the right of him, Uncle Ho was WAY to the right of him, and Fidel has always been slightly to the right of him.

I wasn't refering to Fidel getting better, just to Obama being THAT bad.

I'd even wager Marx was to the right of him.

None of this speaks well for BO, for sure.

Hell, Obama's so far left, Stalin and Lenin would've been to the right of him, Uncle Ho was WAY to the right of him, and Fidel has always been slightly to the right of him.
Agree with Stalin and Lenin. I don't know about Ho-man though. China has moved a bit right since he died. Looking at all the re-educating and the massive cultural redefinition that went on along with their isolationism I still think he was a bit left of The One.
I wasn't refering to Fidel getting better, just to Obama being THAT bad.
I know. I was just trying to insert a bit of gallows humor.
I'd even wager Marx was to the right of him.
Agreed, hence ole Karl not getting mentioned.
None of this speaks well for BO, for sure.
Amen.

Puh-leeze. The dems have no reason to fear us, either electorally or existentially. We need to take a page out of the Muslim playbook: mess with us and there will be trouble. We need to bust a few caps.

no offense, but that a damn stupid thing to say...... just my opinion, but wow.

Holder

I think he'll cool it for a month after his rediculous insinuation that making certain guns illegal in the US would magically solve Mexico's problem with the gun laws they ALREADY have but can't enforce. Hmmmm.

I think we'll see Eric Holder cook this one up again...the opposition to his idea tying it to Mexico will only give him time to drum up a more innane platform to approach it from.

It seems like since the end of January I've had Holder, Tierney, Kennedy, and Obama on my fax speed dial!

It's sad we as Americans have to fear for the continued existence of our rights from one term to another.

Steve
www.zombietoutfitters.net

"Targets so gruesomely detailed you better shoot 'em before they get away!"

Back
Top Bottom