OATH ammunition

OATH_12ga_expanding_D6A1893web-660x660.jpg

good luck digging that out of someone. oh and i want

Mentioned it a few minutes ago to a friend that owns a gun shop. He said as soon as it's available he'll be ordering. I've gotta shoot a pumpkin at least once with this stuff.

Yes please

I might buy some and glue a Black Talon to the front and then shoot the moon down. [wink]

OK, that's the first projectile I've seen that I would have to admit is designed solely for killing humans and has no hunting purposes. The meat damage must be astounding. The ultimate bear defense load. Even better than a 9mm!

Mentioned it a few minutes ago to a friend that owns a gun shop. He said as soon as it's available he'll be ordering. I've gotta shoot a pumpkin at least once with this stuff.

we can all chip in for one round

From a write up:
The frangible slug is enormously heavy at 2.25oz but slower-1200fps-so that the muzzle energy of the two loads is similar at 3100ft-lbs. Upon impact, this all-brass (except for the 40 grain copper expander die) projectile breaks up into half-dozen 158 grain sharp triangular pieces, each spreading about 15 degrees to the side of the initial direction. Penetration is likewise limited to the depth of a rib cage, producing very good stopping effect without over penetration.

From a write up:
The frangible slug is enormously heavy at 2.25oz but slower-1200fps-so that the muzzle energy of the two loads is similar at 3100ft-lbs. Upon impact, this all-brass (except for the 40 grain copper expander die) projectile breaks up into half-dozen 158 grain sharp triangular pieces, each spreading about 15 degrees to the side of the initial direction. Penetration is likewise limited to the depth of a rib cage, producing very good stopping effect without over penetration.

Damn....Imagine the punishment your shoulder takes with those.[crying]

I just found that today, too. At lunchtime. Are they really 30 bucks a round? For machined aluminum, I would expect so, even if NOT rated to go supersonic.

From a write up:

Is this company marketing a 1000 grain solid brass projectile as an option in a situation where limited penetration is desired? Seriously? I understand it has the little fins that expand, but come on... even if it works exactly as its supposed to, each one of those fins is still 158 grains and moving at 1200 fps, thats .357 magnum territory.

I don't know...looks like a gimmicky solution looking for a problem. Has anyone ever shot something with a 12 guage slug and thought "thats just not enough"?

Plus, it doesn't have the front-heavy balance of a typical foster slug so its going to fly like a wiffle ball from a smooth bore shotgun.

Last edited:
Right, you probably wont be shooting long distances, but that isnt the point. The point is that with a $1.25 foster slug you can reach out to 100, and with this $30 gimmick, you can't. You are paying more and sacrificing the ability to shoot at extended ranges to gain what? Additional recoil? Less penetration (if it works as claimed)?

On a side note, my opinion is that anything powerful enough to consistently penetrate human bone and tissue far enough to damage vital organs from any angle is going to rip through several layers of drywall and will probably pass through a human torso if no bone is contacted. "Over-penetration" is a fear created by ammunition manufacturers allowing them to sell crappy projectiles at high prices. Hornady TAP is an example of this, that stuff is balliatic garbage.

Last edited:
I would be for a group buy to drop a few hundred of these in Chi-congo to get some real world data quickly.

I use the Winchester PDX12 which has a foster slug and three buckshot. $1.50 per round and you aren't getting up.

Back
Top Bottom