Oak Island "money hole" mystery.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
is this thing STILL on?

Holy shit. they need to invest in some great ground penetrating radar and then just give this up.

radioman

NES Member
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
I’ve never seen any ground penetrating radar worth a shit even 6 inches down no matter over 100 feet down. You have to admit whether you like the show or not even the infrastructure that they found underground on that island is a curiosity in itself. European bones over 100 feet buried on an obscure island in North America? What’s that all about? What about all the infrastructure in the harbor? None of it documented, none of it even rumored to exist before they found it? Something was going on on that island whether it be treasurer or not I’d like to know what it was.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I’ve never seen any ground penetrating radar worth a shit even 6 inches down no matter over 100 feet down. You have to admit whether you like the show or not even the infrastructure that they found underground on that island is a curiosity in itself. European bones over 100 feet buried on an obscure island in North America? What’s that all about? What about all the infrastructure in the harbor? None of it documented, none of it even rumored to exist before they found it? Something was going on on that island whether it be treasurer or not I’d like to know what it was.
the archaeological finds are cool but it seemed like to me, they didn't really give a shit about that stuff. There is some really cool stuff being found with new technologies. But even if they can't see 100' into the ground, they should be able to see deep enough to at least get some type of "map" of where to dig and such. the stuff that has been getting found in Egypt, in areas we thought were all "dug out" and other countries is really great.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The bones are easy to explain, when ships stopped to restock fresh water and any meat that they could hunt, sailors inevitably died and were buried.

radioman

NES Member
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
the archaeological finds are cool but it seemed like to me, they didn't really give a shit about that stuff. There is some really cool stuff being found with new technologies. But even if they can't see 100' into the ground, they should be able to see deep enough to at least get some type of "map" of where to dig and such. the stuff that has been getting found in Egypt, in areas we thought were all "dug out" and other countries is really great.
That Egyptian stuff that they’re finding is not from GPR that’s from Lidar.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have seen a GPR detecting a breathing lung cage moving 10 feet under building debris. i am not saying it can see to 100 feet deep, but 6 inches is a breeze.

radioman

NES Member
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
I’m watching season 7 now. I’m still fascinated at what you’re pulling out of the ground.
there still finding new wooden structures in the swamp and elsewhere on the island.
The rock working tools/tunneling tools that they’re finding is amazing.
I hope they excavate the entire island down to 200 feet and sift it with a fine tooth comb.
Treasure or no treasure something went on there that I think is worth figuring out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have seen a GPR detecting a breathing lung cage moving 10 feet under building debris. i am not saying it can see to 100 feet deep, but 6 inches is a breeze.
Can you give a little story time about that? Would like to hear more.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

there was a geophysics company, up in Windham nh if i remember. They used a UHF impulse radar signal, and an antenna that directed energy into the ground. They could detect minute movement under ground, such as a moving rib cage of a trapped person trying to breath. they actually had used it in earthquake disasters, and it was proved to be relatively effective, vs. sniffer dogs.

but the company went out of business a couple years ago, so...i guess not enough demand.

My involvement was making an electronically simulated "body", that they could bury somewhere, for training purposes, and let students learn how to find the "live" simulated body.

Last edited:

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
here is a similar system. says it detects life up to 39 feet deep

you need a lower frequency impulse to penetrate ground better, but a lower frequency impulse has a wide pulse width, and is not as precise in locating minuscule movements. There are also issues with leakage thru the air that the FCC limits the amount of transmit power you can use

BrianWilson

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well....if The Grail or The Ark of the Covenant is down there, best just to leave it alone. There's enough End of Days crap going on these days as it is.

four horsemen.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

there was a geophysics company, up in Windham nh if i remember. They used a UHF impulse radar signal, and an antenna that directed energy into the ground. They could detect minute movement under ground, such as a moving rib cage of a trapped person trying to breath. they actually had used it in earthquake disasters, and it was proved to be relatively effective, vs. sniffer dogs.

but the company went out of business a couple years ago, so...i guess not enough demand.

My involvement was making an electronically simulated "body", that they could bury somewhere, for training purposes, and let students learn how to find the "live" simulated body.
Very cool..... You do some interesting things.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The rock working tools/tunneling tools that they’re finding is amazing.
Yeah, and those people "house shopping" are actually choosing houses, not filming the show after they have already bought their house. And the "this house is listed at..." price shown is actually a real listing price, and they really do find all that cool valuable stuff in storage lockers.

radioman

NES Member
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
Yeah, and those people "house shopping" are actually choosing houses, not filming the show after they have already bought their house. And the "this house is listed at..." price shown is actually a real listing price, and they really do find all that cool valuable stuff in storage lockers.
Don‘t like it don’t click on the thread.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If Bloomberg was pro 2a he'd stand a good chance of becoming President as a Republican.
As a Dem he's sunk.
This thread is about a different kind of money hole. I'll bring it back on topic by suggesting that Bloomberg should just fund the excavation, put a few billion towards it and just strip mine the whole thing until the island is a 200 foot deep hole with a water barrier around it.

Top Bottom