NYT story on hand loading

I often wondered why with all the anti gun rhetoric and taxing ammo at ridiculous rates how you keep people from reloading their own ammo granted there are ways that I can think of that I won't mention but as we bandleaders are a resourceful lot and there's always away to get around a problem with a bit of engineering.
Well, all the anti lead regulations doesn't help, I can't find free lead anywhere, so I just buy bullets already cast or jacketed.

They can try to tax ammo components, but besides powder and primers, as time and 3d printing advancement continues, we can start making our own copper/polymer bullets or just all polymer bullets. Hopefully in time a heavy, dense polymer can be made that better simulates the weight and relative softness of lead, but has a higher melting temperature.

Well, all the anti lead regulations doesn't help, I can't find free lead anywhere, so I just buy bullets already cast or jacketed.

They can try to tax ammo components, but besides powder and primers, as time and 3d printing advancement continues, we can start making our own copper/polymer bullets or just all polymer bullets. Hopefully in time a heavy, dense polymer can be made that better simulates the weight and relative softness of lead, but has a higher melting temperature.
The more they tax and restrict the more innovative an already innovative group will get.

Geez you guys fretting about the availability of lead! I can see it's time to let you in on the secret. For years now, all I have to do is sit outside hipster coffee joints and wait for them to throw out all those nice avocado pits. If anyone challenges me I say I'm "recycling" them. Then I can carve them into new bullets! For free!

;)

I have several connections in the automotive tire business , my wheel weight supply comes from them, takes quite a bit of sorting . Many steel and non lead weights in the buckets. And tons of smegma when I pre-melt into ingots from brake dust and road grime.

You can go to any busy mall parking lot and find an endless supply of wheel weights.

For years now, all I have to do is sit outside hipster coffee joints and wait for them to throw out all those nice avocado pits. ... Then I can carve them into new bullets! For free!

And in markèd contrast to the assault weapon bullets that actually cook the victim,
your bullets actually cause an avocado plant to sprout in the entry wound.

maxresdefault.jpg

P. S. At the next NH GTG ask me about our guacamole recipe.
(It's the tableside recipe from the Rosa Mexicano chain, but on "stairoids").

Back
Top Bottom