NYT story on hand loading

One of the guys who trains with us from time to time at Kuntao class is a Connecticut defense attorney. He's given CT self-defense law seminars, and I've been to one. He actually has a slide in his Powerpoint deck that says SHUT THE f*** UP. He also highly advised against handloads in defensive weapons, due to how it would be seen by the (likely very liberal) judge, state's attorneys, etc: "OMG: He makes his own booletz!!1!" (He also strongly advises against silly shit like "zombie apocalypse" lowers for how they would be perceived by same.)

I know of a guy that has an EDC folder, with a hot pink handle. This way, if there's a need to use it for something other than string or sammiches, it won't look "evil" to a jury.

This guy is a complete moron for reaching out to the NYT! How the f*** can you be that clueless about the mainstream media and think that this will actually benefit our side??!! I just can’t believe how dumb this guy is. WOW.

This guy is a complete moron for reaching out to the NYT! How the f*** can you be that clueless about the mainstream media and think that this will actually benefit our side??!! I just can’t believe how dumb this guy is. WOW.
Only thing I can think of is these guys are naive and think that if they can just get their side of the story out, they can educate the general public and get people thinking of gun ownership in a more accepting way. Hoping thats the case and they arent just low lifes who think that any publicity is good publicity.

One of the guys who trains with us from time to time at Kuntao class is a Connecticut defense attorney. He's given CT self-defense law seminars, and I've been to one. He actually has a slide in his Powerpoint deck that says SHUT THE f*** UP. He also highly advised against handloads in defensive weapons, due to how it would be seen by the (likely very liberal) judge, state's attorneys, etc: "OMG: He makes his own booletz!!1!" (He also strongly advises against silly shit like "zombie apocalypse" lowers for how they would be perceived by same.)

Yes those lowers are best reserved for law enforcement officers who cap unarmed perps that are crawling on the ground...

I have several connections in the automotive tire business , my wheel weight supply comes from them, takes quite a bit of sorting . Many steel and non lead weights in the buckets. And tons of smegma when I pre-melt into ingots from brake dust and road grime.

I just sort them right in the pot. If they float I pull them out.

Gunsmith ?? I saw a cluttered garage with a few motorcycles or bicycles, and a cluttered workbench. Where's the lathes and milling machines ?? I didnt even see any reloading equip...

Lathe and milling machine are under the same tarp the guy threw over the 3D printer,
right before the bozo reporter arrived. Concealed means concealed.

so much fail in the article it's hard to know where to start. but i'll go to the tire weights falling off after hitting a pot-hole. 62 yrs old, so driving for for 46 yrs, countless k's of miles, i've never lost one
how do you know.......

Lathe and milling machine are under the same tarp the guy threw over the 3D printer,
right before the bozo reporter arrived. Concealed means concealed.
If he was smart enough to do that he would of hung up the second he heard "NYT"

Massad Ayoob says the same thing. Use factory loads for defensive carry purposes (because the ballistics can be easily documented).

Massad Ayoob says the same thing. Use factory loads for defensive carry purposes (because the ballistics can be easily documented).
Can't you just use a chopstick?
glock_01.jpg

I thought the article helped expose the sports and hunting aspects of gun ownership more than it did to make people who reload look like dangerous gangbangers and mass killers. To the average anti or non-gun owner, they probably think it takes a long time to do all that work to make ammo and complex math, something only hobbyists and retirees would do.

I reload for revolvers and that's about it. I may get into 10mm when I get a 10mm and maybe .308. For me, the biggest joy in reloading is it means I'm not limited to certain calibers or having to pay $5 a round for something uncommon. When the time comes, I'll be shooting .577 Snider and .357 Maximum and not going bankrupt on the ammo or more likely, not being able to find factory ammo at all.

I often wondered why with all the anti gun rhetoric and taxing ammo at ridiculous rates how you keep people from reloading their own ammo granted there are ways that I can think of that I won't mention but as we bandleaders are a resourceful lot and there's always away to get around a problem with a bit of engineering.

I often wondered why with all the anti gun rhetoric and taxing ammo at ridiculous rates how you keep people from reloading their own ammo granted there are ways that I can think of that I won't mention but as we bandleaders are a resourceful lot and there's always away to get around a problem with a bit of engineering.
PSH Dept.​
Calls for "common-sense flint control" in 3...2...1...
Fess_Parker_as_Daniel_Boone.JPG

"Reloaders who take spent shell casings that are left behind after a weapon, usually a semiautomatic, is fired, and make them usable again by carefully refilling them with gunpowder and coupling that with a new primer and a bullet"

They had to throw that in there.

I just got an email this morning from the cast bullet association. Seems they reached out to a member to do an interview. He asked the president of CBA if he should do the interview. They agreed to do it and this is what we get. He said it's loaded with inaccuracies and mis quotes.
Should have seen that one coming a mile away. When do biased asshat reporters ever get it right?

Back
Top Bottom