NYT story on hand loading

They should have came to me, I would have told them all about reloading mercury core glass bullets, and shotgun shells loaded with
fishing weights strung together with picture frame wire. [banana]

I remember seeing a specialty load called the “Hooker” that was a fishing weight tied by wire to a fishing hook, and I think two of those in each round.

I remember seeing a specialty load called the “Hooker” that was a fishing weight tied by wire to a fishing hook, and I think two of those in each round.

There's also the specialty load that uses a human tooth as the projectile so that when you shoot someone in the face with it,
it confounds the forensics investigators about what the victim was shot with. [dance]

Even when the media tries they can't seem to get the most basic information correct. That author still does not understand the difference between a bullet, a casing, and a round. As if anyone is out there hand making casings.

why don’t guys like this just STFU when the NYT calls?
One of the guys who trains with us from time to time at Kuntao class is a Connecticut defense attorney. He's given CT self-defense law seminars, and I've been to one. He actually has a slide in his Powerpoint deck that says SHUT THE f*** UP. He also highly advised against handloads in defensive weapons, due to how it would be seen by the (likely very liberal) judge, state's attorneys, etc: "OMG: He makes his own booletz!!1!" (He also strongly advises against silly shit like "zombie apocalypse" lowers for how they would be perceived by same.)

One of the guys who trains with us from time to time at Kuntao class is a Connecticut defense attorney. He's given CT self-defense law seminars, and I've been to one. He actually has a slide in his Powerpoint deck that says SHUT THE f*** UP. He also highly advised against handloads in defensive weapons, due to how it would be seen by the (likely very liberal) judge, state's attorneys, etc: "OMG: He makes his own booletz!!1!" (He also strongly advises against silly shit like "zombie apocalypse" lowers for how they would be perceived by same.)
I suppose Hornaday zombie ammo is as "right out" as counting to 4 with the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

so much fail in the article it's hard to know where to start. but i'll go to the tire weights falling off after hitting a pot-hole. 62 yrs old, so driving for for 46 yrs, countless k's of miles, i've never lost one

so hand engraving on my shell casings "take that bitch","here's another","one for your ass," would be a bad idea then?

so hand engraving on my shell casings "take that bitch","here's another","one for your ass," would be a bad idea then?
Oh look, a war crime:
DrStrangelove.jpg

Gunsmith ?? I saw a cluttered garage with a few motorcycles or bicycles, and a cluttered workbench. Where's the lathes and milling machines ?? I didnt even see any reloading equip.....The single pics posted throughout the article could have been copied from anywhere on the web.......

so much fail in the article it's hard to know where to start. but i'll go to the tire weights falling off after hitting a pot-hole. 62 yrs old, so driving for for 46 yrs, countless k's of miles, i've never lost one

Are you saying you don't think that actually happens? If so, I can guarantee you it does. In fact, I've cast .38 with tire weights I collected from the side of the road.

Back
Top Bottom