NYT Opinion: NJ v. S&W

citoriguy

NES Member
Interesting and quick read. I’m curious how this fares over the coming years as anything adverse to S&W is likely to be challenged. At the very least, it’s going to be damned expensive.

Interesting part (from NYT!):

Let’s call New Jersey’s reply what it is: disingenuous. The court knows — and clearly Smith & Wesson knows — that the advertising fraud investigation is not “garden-variety” anything.

Thoughts?

Interesting and quick read. I’m curious how this fares over the coming years as anything adverse to S&W is likely to be challenged. At the very least, it’s going to be damned expensive.

Interesting part (from NYT!):

Thoughts?
My thought is how much do you get paid to write a counter op ed? I don't think the gun industry cares at all about pulling the curtain back so to speak.

Tobacco was literally a highly addictive substance they purposely made cool and appealing to kids to hook them on smoking.

Last time I checked Hollywood did that for the gun industry... they may have walked it back since I was a kid. But I don't know anyone born in the 70s and 80s who doesn't want a beretta and flowing hair or an mp5 or a glock 7.. cigarettes paid to have their action heros smoke.

I'm not sure guns did that and if they did it was to major sure they were made prominent over another brand. Because Hans gruber wasn't shooting Mr Nakatomi in the head with a fish. They never wrote that script

I love the line "would be illegal in at least 35 states if the woman did not have a concealed carry permit”. They don’t mention that in every car ad that shows someone driving the car, the act of driving the car “would be illegal in all 50 states if they didn’t have a drivers license”. So according to these useful idiots, all car advertising is misleading.

Are you kidding, the left loves weaponizing the criminal justice system with fishing expeditions where they just go after what they want. The problem is the right takes it on the chin and when the right does get power back what do they do about malicious investigations? Nothing.

I love the line "would be illegal in at least 35 states if the woman did not have a concealed carry permit”. They don’t mention that in every car ad that shows someone driving the car, the act of driving the car “would be illegal in all 50 states if they didn’t have a drivers license”. So according to these useful idiots, all car advertising is misleading.

"Gun manufacturers have long been immune from liability for gun crimes and deaths because of federal laws that protect them."

This is why the NY times isn't fit to wipe your own ass with. It would be impossible for an intelligent adult to not realize you can't sue a company for a product that worked as intended. If I buy a Corvette and drive 180 mph down rt. 3 and get killed that's my fault not Chevrolet's. Imagine what kind of precedent this will set.

Pretty much what I was thinking too.

"Gun manufacturers have long been immune from liability for gun crimes and deaths because of federal laws that protect them."

This is why the NY times isn't fit to wipe your own ass with. It would be impossible for an intelligent adult to not realize you can't sue a company for a product that worked as intended. If I buy a Corvette and drive 180 mph down rt. 3 and get killed that's my fault not Chevrolet's. Imagine what kind of precedent this will set.
Or if I slash and stab an innocent person to death with a Cold Steel "Trailmaster" Bowie knife, should Lynn Thompson and the rest of the folks at Cold Steel Knives be responsible for the murder? Should not I alone have to answer for my crime? What the hell is wrong with these liberals?

Back
Top Bottom