• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NYPD testing new technology to detect Concealed Carry

The key word

The department started working on developing the device last year with a security-and-surveillance systems manufacturer based in Britain, along with the London Metropolitan Police, and received the machine last week.

How thick would a piece of steel, in my pocket and roughly shaped like a gun, have to be to block my energy? I'm thinking of making one for my trips to NYC.

Way to go making a police state. So let's understand this, they already travel outside of their jurisdiction "on official pd work" and stop and frisk whoever they want. Now they're pushing for this crap!

How thick would a piece of steel, in my pocket and roughly shaped like a gun, have to be to block my energy? I'm thinking of making one for my trips to NYC.

Make two and I'll make a special trip down there. Make sure to superglue razor blades on the outside and around so they get a nice surprise when they violate your rights.

LOS ANGELES 2029 A.D. THE MACHINES ROSE FROM THE ASHES OF THE NUCLEAR FIRE. THEIR WAR TO EXTERMINATE MANKIND HAS RAGED FOR DECADES, BUT THE FINAL BATTLE WOULD NOT BE FOUGHT IN THE FUTURE. IT WOULD BE FOUGHT HERE, IN OUR PRESENT. TONIGHT...

SARAH
Whatever...they become the hotshot computer guys so they get the job to build El Computer Grande...Skynet...for the government. Right? REESE (uneasy) That's the way it was told to me. Sarah's fear has been replaced by excitement. SARAH Well, we're gonna uninvent the bastard. Eighty-six it. We'll blow up the place...burn it down. Something. REESE (very cold) Tactically dangerous. We lay low. SARAH Reese. Think it through. We can prevent the war. Nobody else is gonna do it. If we go to any official we wind up back in jail and then that walking cuisinart has got us again. We have to do it ourselves.

Last edited:
This should prove interesting. The Supreme Court held in Kyllo v United States that use of thermal imaging to locate a grow house from the street was an unreasonable search. I wonder how they'll try to distinguish this.

so the question i have is, ok lets say i have a NY pistol permit and im strolling down NYC with my piece. The SS detail...I mean NYPD scans me and pulls me aside.

A. I feel I have no obligation to talk to them and keep walking

B. Refuse to answer any questions

correct?

so the question i have is, ok lets say i have a NY pistol permit and im strolling down NYC with my piece. The SS detail...I mean NYPD scans me and pulls me aside.

A. I feel I have no obligation to talk to them and keep walking

B. Refuse to answer any questions

correct?

That's the way it's supposed to work.

There is also the medical issue....I know it's not X-Ray, and I'm sure they will say it's totally "safe"...but if the radiation is reflecting off of the metal showing the outline, that means it's being absorbed by whatever is around the item....none other than our skin/blood/organs/body. I don't know about you but ANY type of radiation being shot at me is radiation I don't like...we already have enough radiation floating around as it is from radio, satellite, VHF/UHF, nuclear weapons tests from decades ago, NPP fails, etc....and this is going to be pointed directly at me to see if I'm a law abiding gun toter? No thanks.

Group but on flasks??

2uvavyne.jpg

I seriously doubt it would work very well. The fundamental question is how many false positives would a court allow? Currently there are radiation detectors deployed and they stop people that have kemo or other radiation treatments in their system and that's been permitted. But the number of things that set this off is probably endless.

Here it is:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure they would love a rally after we all get our group buy armor [laugh] At the same time if Chemo pills screw with it then I would really drive them nuts without anything on me. Taking one a day to keep me kicking I'm sure will drive them nuts[grin]

Back
Top Bottom