NYPD: stop-and-frisk doesn't turn up guns

KBCraig

NES Member
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/07/wnyc_police_are.php

WNYC: 'Police Aren't Finding Guns Where They're Looking the Hardest' with Stop-and-Frisk
By Steven Thrasher Mon., Jul. 16 2012 at 8:16 AM

WNYC's Ailsa Chang and the wizards at the station's Data News Team have the story this morning you must read if you're interested in gun safety and/or stop-and-frisk.
Mayor Bloomberg has been on a roll defending stop-and-frisk lately, trying desperately to get people to embrace his controversial policing practices a decade into his administration. One tactic has been trying to convince New York liberals (who generally like the idea of gun control) that illegal guns are coming off the streets because of stop-and-frisk (the policy of searching hundreds of thousands of innocent black and brown folks a year which liberals generally don't like).

But, as Chang and the WNYC Data Team show, it looks like there is little correlation between where illegal guns are seized and where stops and frisks occur. At all. Whatsoever.

I find it hard to fathom that the people of NY are agreeing to being stopped and frisked at the whim of the cops!

Why isn't that pesky constitution getting in the way!? /me shakes head.

I find it hard to fathom that the people of NY are agreeing to being stopped and frisked at the whim of the cops!

Why isn't that pesky constitution getting in the way!?

They repealed it in NYC when the passed the Sullivan Act. Unless you're rich or famous, like, say, Steven Tyler, who DOES have an NYC carry permit.

It makes the job easier when you get that annoying 4th amendment out of the way.
"Bill of Rights you say?, never heard of it!"

Back
Top Bottom