• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NYPD GLocks for rookies

Love how they are worried about a couple rounds when the safe act makes it much less for law abiding citizens.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/28/nypd-vets-upset-rookies-get-better-guns/

[rofl]

One cop who recently went to the firing range said the instructor there drew guffaws when he explained the 15-bullet limit.

“Half the class laughed when the instructor said that,” the officer said. “Good ol’ NYPD, they’re restricting us yet again, only handing out the 15 option.”

Wow, $525 sounds high to me. Do they have to get it from the NYPD? What is the price of a blue chip g17? Sounds like someone is making a few bucks on the side...

I bet they wil still have the 12lb trigger in them. I believe training and putting a heavy trigger in a firearm not designed to have one is the problem. I.E. The MA compliant M&P's. Can the officer get good at shooing the heavy trigger, yes but the city will not push the extra training.

"The gun, as designed, can hold 17-round magazines — two more than the Glock 19. But the NYPD had the manufacturer customize the Glock 17s to carry only 15 rounds so it would be consistent with the interchangeable Glock 19 magazine."

Interchangeable? What's missing here? If those new 17s can function with a 15-round mag from a 19, why not just issue the latest generation of the 19? If I ran that shop, they would get a Glock 19 with a 15-rounder plus one in the chamber, and two 17-round backup mags for when the SHTF. Fifty rounds of spray and pray.

my buddy is nypd. prefers the 19. its not that much smaller, but he is required to carry even off duty, he says it carries better. he's got the smaller glock on the ankle too, but he prefers carrying the 19 on the hip at all times. I think most of the outrage is that they don't have to pay for it. He had to shell out over 1200 for his two carry guns when he came out of the academy, and at the time his bakup was a kahr, which is hated.

"Public servants" always sound like whiny ****ing children when they want A. More money, B. More benefits or C. To be allowed to do things they would never be allowed to do in a private setting.

“If the Glock 17 can help us shoot better, that increases our safety,” one seasoned Brooklyn cop said. “I personally believe the department should help out in paying for the new gun, or, at least, provide an even swap.

Best part of the article:

"The gun, as designed, can hold 17-round magazines — two more than the Glock 19. But the NYPD had the manufacturer customize the Glock 17s to carry only 15 rounds so it would be consistent with the interchangeable Glock 19 magazine"

Proof that the NYPD brass are morons.

"The gun, as designed, can hold 17-round magazines — two more than the Glock 19. But the NYPD had the manufacturer customize the Glock 17s to carry only 15 rounds so it would be consistent with the interchangeable Glock 19 magazine"

This, because everyone knows the g17 mags won't fit in the g19.

Sarcasm.

Wow, $525 sounds high to me. Do they have to get it from the NYPD? What is the price of a blue chip g17? Sounds like someone is making a few bucks on the side...
My wife purchased a generation 4 Glock 19 earlier this year. It was the same price ($500, not including sales tax) as the Glock 17. She chose the Glock 19 because it fit her hands better than the 17 did. She handles 9mm well. She has problems with the double-action trigger on my GP100.

Do they still carry S&W DAO's like the 5946? I've seen recent photos of the NYPD cops with silver colored handguns in holsters so they must still allow them.

Do they still carry S&W DAO's like the 5946? I've seen recent photos of the NYPD cops with silver colored handguns in holsters so they must still allow them.
They can pick from the 5946, Sig P226DAO or the Glock 19, I believe. S&W doesn't sell the 5946 anymore, so they are probably becoming uncommon.

I say give them back the old lemon squeezers. The sixgun was good for over 100 years and now all of a sudden they need 17 rounds? What happened the number of crooks go up by a factor of three?

Academy Sports has some of the lowest prices you'll find on guns. We have the gen 4 G17 on sale for $540. It's normal price is $570. Gen 3s are $500. That is a good price they are offering, but it is still absurd that they would have to pay for the upgrade.

I've been thinking about sending some glocks up to MA. Now that I have my expert certs. through work I get 50% off glock, kimber, S&W, remington, the list goes on... I could send some up there at or just below market price and everyone wins. No worries about straw purchases since buying to resell is legal per ATF rules and anyone receiving one would have to go through a BGC at the FFL who receives the frame. Maybe after christmas I'll pick a few up and post them.

What happened the number of crooks go up by a factor of three?

I spent about a year in Brooklyn during the beginning of Warren Wilhelms (Bill Diblasios?) tenure. I'd say yes, the number of crooks went up.

I saw what an utter ****hole the city was under Dinkins, how beautiful, clean and relatively safe it became under Giuliani, and how (surprisingly) it didn't do too much backsliding under that stooge Bloomberg (at least with regards to crime). The current mayor supports criminals of all kinds and violent protesters, then undercuts, demonizes and sells down the river his own LEOs at every turn. Anyone he appoints to any office will be as big a commie as him - it'll only get worse.

I say give them back the old lemon squeezers. The sixgun was good for over 100 years and now all of a sudden they need 17 rounds? What happened the number of crooks go up by a factor of three?

No their shooting skills went down by a factor of 10.

I can't find the link to the article where the NY Post states something like "Two NYC Police officers emptied their G17, hitting the perp twice"

No their shooting skills went down by a factor of 10.

I can't find the link to the article where the NY Post states something like "Two NYC Police officers emptied their G17, hitting the perp twice"

Personal favorite was the guy who shot his boss and then was shot by police. they listed like ten injured but glossed over that other than the boss everyone else was shot by the police.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Empire_State_Building_shooting

Probably charged them more for those 15 round Glock 17 magazines [rofl]

How they hell did they "customize" that?

???

Back
Top Bottom