• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NYPD Commander Reportedly Told Cops to Shoot 50 Cent ‘On Sight’

The NYPD is investigating a Brooklyn-based commanding officer who allegedly threatened to end rapper 50 Cent’s life.

The commander, Deputy Inspector Emanuel Gonzalez of the 72nd Precinct in Sunset Park, reportedly told his officers to “shoot him on sight” during a roll call on June 7th, 2018, New York Daily News reports. The threat was allegedly made after 50 Cent, whose given name is Curtis Jackson, was rumored to attend an NYPD charity boxing match in the Bronx.

“The inspector just said that at roll call,” a source with information about the case said. “I’m like WTF.”

50 Cent responded to the alleged threats on Sunday with an Instagram post featuring a photo of Gonzalez captioned with, “This is Emanuel Gonzalez commanding officer of the 72 [precinct]. He think he got beef with me, so he sending the Homies to put some work in. NYNOTSAFE #thegangstagotabadge.”

In a separate Instagram post, 50 Cent added that he’s “consulting with my legal counsel regarding my options moving forward. I am concerned that I was not previously advised of this threat by the NYPD.”

While there is no recording of the incident, Gonzalez reportedly tried to make his alleged comments seem like a joke. However, the comments came at a time when the rapper and Gonzalez had an ongoing feud, and the matter subsequently prompted an audit.

“The incident is under internal review,” a department spokesman from the NYPD said.

According to a source, the International Affairs Bureau Group 1, which handles police corruption cases, is investigating the situation. However, Gonzalez, who’s approaching his 30th year on the force, will remain on active duty.

The death threat reportedly happened around the time when the rapper accused Gonzalez of blackmailing the owner of Sunset Park club Love and Lust, writing an Instagram post that said “Get the strap,” which is slang for “get a gun.” While 50 Cent took that post down, Gonzalez was reportedly “in fear of his safety.”

NYPD Commander Reportedly Told Cops to Shoot 50 Cent ‘On Sight’ – Rolling Stone

Last edited:
Getting a gun to defend yourself from threats is considered threatening. Can't argue with that logic.

That would be awesome. I double dog dare you, ya big scaredy cat.

I don't think any of them have the balls.
This would make the Rodney King, Michael Brown or Trayvon shit look like a church picnic.

Having recently suffered driving through NYC and over the GW bridge twice within 3 days, nothing would bring me greater pleasure than to see that third world shithole burn to the ground. Total cesspool.

It’s amazing how you were able to experience that NYC is a third world shithole while driving over a bridge
I think I said driving through NYC. And yes, the few hours that I was in NYC as well as a couple of other short visits, are more than enough to declare it a shithole.

It’s amazing how you were able to experience that NYC is a third world shithole while driving over a bridge
Reading’s going to be fundamental.

The actual post by fencer is as follows: “Having recently suffered driving through NYC and over the GW bridge...”

Notice the “though NYC” this time.

Thats messed up. I don't know much about $.50 but he is articulate and soft spoken in the interviews I've seen, and not the worst actor.

Based on NYPD accuracy I think Fifty doesn't have much to worry about even if someone tried to carry out the hit.[rofl]

And he has already taken 9 shots.. whats a couple more?

NY sucks and it should be removed as state from this great country along with a few more. Corrupt as all f***. It's a place that will strip you of any rights you have and not give a f***. It's truly is a communist haven. But feel free to go and live there.

That would be awesome. I double dog dare you, ya big scaredy cat.

I don't think any of them have the balls.
This would make the Rodney King, Michael Brown or Trayvon shit look like a church picnic.

Having recently suffered driving through NYC and over the GW bridge twice within 3 days, nothing would bring me greater pleasure than to see that third world shithole burn to the ground. Total cesspool.

*Chanting* Burn it down! Burn it down! Burn it down!

Why, the State doesn't issue non-resident carry permits so I boycott the place. I can't attend Americade and the GF's family vacations at Lake George, oh well.
Where is the “State” really located? Most definitely in that lower appendage that goes by the same name.

Where is the “State” really located? Most definitely in that lower appendage that goes by the same name.
Of course. Cuomo recently stated if you are a supporter of the 2nd Amendment you're not welcome is NY. OK, fine with me. His rant was a reaction to the GOP reciprocity bill.

Of course. Cuomo recently stated if you are a supporter of the 2nd Amendment you're not welcome is NY. OK, fine with me. His rant was a reaction to the GOP reciprocity bill.
A lot of prisoners up north there that I feel for. Just like us here.

Early in my career, I spent almost every other week in NYC. I raise holy hell when someone talks about going there for a quick trip/vacation. That city is just not my cup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom