• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nylon coated ammo

I bought a box of Herter's aluminum case, nylon coated ammo today at Cabela's. Anybody have experience with this?

(btw it's for my S&W E-Series 1911)

I bought a box of Herter's aluminum case, nylon coated ammo today at Cabela's. Anybody have experience with this?

(btw it's for my S&W E-Series 1911)

It's a cost saving measure. They work fine, Palladin is right they have been around for a longtime. I did find this though.

By replacing costly brass cases and copper jackets with aluminum and nylon, USA-made Herter’s aluminum-case handgun ammunition keeps cost down while preserving clean-shooting reliability and accuracy. Sized to incredibly precise tolerances, the nonreloadable, aircraft-grade aluminum cases cycle smoothly. Premium-quality round-nose lead bullets are coated with a Total Nylon Jacket (TNJ) to replace expensive copper jackets. TNJ bullets are inherently accurate, and cycle fluidly through semiautomatics. As an added benefit, TNJ bullets eliminate hard-to-remove copper and lead fouling. Made in USA.

It's a cost saving measure. They work fine, Palladin is right they have been around for a longtime. I did find this though.

By replacing costly brass cases and copper jackets with aluminum and nylon, USA-made Herter’s aluminum-case handgun ammunition keeps cost down while preserving clean-shooting reliability and accuracy. Sized to incredibly precise tolerances, the nonreloadable, aircraft-grade aluminum cases cycle smoothly. Premium-quality round-nose lead bullets are coated with a Total Nylon Jacket (TNJ) to replace expensive copper jackets. TNJ bullets are inherently accurate, and cycle fluidly through semiautomatics. As an added benefit, TNJ bullets eliminate hard-to-remove copper and lead fouling. Made in USA.

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure they aren't bad for the gun.

Why ammo with pantyhose? Fetish?

- - - Updated - - -

Shoots fine, have no fears. Its also a bit cheaper per bang.
Has been around for years. Was originally intended in .38 Special for non-plus-P rated snub nose revolvers. It was sold under the brand "Nylad".

Back
Top Bottom