• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NYC Mass Shooting - Air Shot At by Gunman

I'll play. Do you believe it is common sense to allow a violent sadistic murderer /rapist access to a firearm when they are released from jail?
strictly from a libertarian position - once you provided a legal base for any rights restrictions, they stopped being original rights and transformed into a privilege. and an access to a privilege can be manipulated in a million ways.

but as we live in a real world and not in some wild libertarian imagination - some common sense is indeed required.

I'll play. Do you believe it is common sense to allow a violent sadistic murderer /rapist access to a firearm when they are released from jail?
Yes. If they are that bad then the problem is letting them out of jail. Once out they should be able to vote and own guns.

no NYPD cop is going to score a head shot.........not unless he emptied the mag and took out 6 bystanders as well

Tell us about all of your experiences in a gunfight?

Unfortunately the data doesn't support your comment.

The shootings in 2017 saw 32 police officers fired 170 shots and hit their targets at a ratio of 44 percent, according to the figures. The year prior saw 70 police officers fire 304 shots, hitting their targets 107 times, around 35 percent of all shots fired.

"We had to cut patrols in your area and response time is way up. Bad things could happen. But we *do* have some Officers that could work a detail at *your* front door to keep and eye on your place."
Cops know how to moonlight as private guards
without Management wetting their beak in the revenue stream.

Now if it counted towards their salary-based retirement income...

Was that guy screaming kill me?
8+ball+-+signs+point+to+yes.jpg

Yes. If they are that bad then the problem is letting them out of jail. Once out they should be able to vote and own guns.

Honestly, you're an idiot. Have you ever been in prison? I was. I taught courses to inmates in a MA prison. A good 90% of them told me with all seriousness "If i got out tomorrow, I would get a gun in the first hour, and shoot the person who put me in jail."

Think about it.....even if it's a situation where someone wants a gun to commit a crime, why would you buy it legally? If you're using it for a "throwaway gun", why would you pay street price? I could buy a gun for $20 in Lowell if I paid a visit to the old prison and asked for a "name".

Do I honestly think that someone who's off of a prison sentence for financial crimes be prohibited from firearm ownership? Not necessarily. However, the exception in nonviolent crimes is multiple DUI arrests. I had a friend almost die from a drunk driver crashing into him. I acknowledge people make one off dumb decisions like that, but if it's a trend, do you really want that guy having a gun in his waistband when arguing with idiot #2 outside the bar.

Do I honestly believe that giving legal gun ownership to felons will change much regarding crime? Honestly, no. If somebody wants to harm another person, they'll find a way.

Who is the only population that would suffer negatively from this? .....law abiding gun owners. We already are thought of as scum by most people in this state to begin with. If we bought our guns at the same store that the "drive by posse" shops at weekly, it would just bring us down more than we already are!

Back
Top Bottom