NYC Hero being charged for not being licensed to fire a weapon.

a) If he gets charged, thats FUBAR.

b) That article is funny as hell!

ETA: When I posted this, the link went to barstool sports, not the NY daily news. The NYDN link isn't nearly as entertaining.

Last edited:
I am once again re-affirmed that Einstein was right. Genius has it's limits but stupidity knows no bounds. What kind of idiot do you have to be to say the transit cop was wrong in trying to stop a robbery. Citing the theft would be of item(s) that are inconsequential. Listen genius the robber(s) have firearm(s). Do you actually believe they are not going to use deadly force on anyone they want to? Is it unreasonable to believe that anyone entering an establishment with a firearm might just decide to kill everyone? You actually want to berate someone who was protecting himself and bystanders to the best of his ability? I have a news flash for you, criminals don't think like normal people. They don't care about you or anyone else for that matter. When dealing with them you can't think like a reasonable person would. That's the flaw in your logic. Im my opinion the only wrong thing the MTA officer did giving my limited knowledge of the facts was to give the robbers the chance to stand down. I think he should have just started shooting and not stopped till all of them were on the concrete.

"NYYankeesFan556
12:34:36 AM
Apr 19, 2011
I understand he stopped a robbery and possible murder but still an illegal unlicensed gun is an illegal unlicensed gun. Like Mayor Bloomber said he should be prosecuted for carrying an unlicesned firearm the same way plaxico Buhrres"

[banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead]

Police were still hunting Sunday night for the other robbers, who peeled away from the Albany Ave. shop in a Ford Winstar minivan.

[rofl]

This is one of those scenarios where there is no really good solution. I have always heeded the advice of Evan Marshal (a Detroit cop who dis some pioneering work on street effectiveness of various hand gun ammunition and was one of the first to study the dynamics of police gunfights). If an armed robbery is going down (and you are armed) and no one is ordered to the ground and the bad guys are not rifling though pockets, then be a good witness. If you are ordered to the ground and they start rifling through pockets, then take action. It seems, from reading the account, that was the scenario and the MTA officer did the right thing. Whether the school security agent should have picked up the weapon and given pursuit is a coin toss, but in any event the thought of even prosecuting him is an abomination...period.

I fail to see humor in any event where someone is shot. It's not a movie...and the type of getaway vehicle the suspects were driving is totally irrelevant. These guys were prepared to use lethal force to get what they wanted. This is life not a movie.

Mark L.

Bill,

You of all people should know better. I fully understand "gallows humor" and "cop humor" but this doesn't really qualify. I take any armed encounter especially one where a good guy was wounded seriously. If the perp had been a better shot, then there would have been a fatality. I'm sure that if you were the MTA officer that got shot you wouldn't find it funny.

Bill, stay focused on your front sight and do your best to make a tight shot group.

Mark L.

Mark056:

You know very well that I take this stuff seriously. but honestly, the jokes are appropriate and predictable on this and most other gun forums. We're used to being screwed. Got to have a sense of humor or it just overwhelms you.

-Best wishes,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom