• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NYC confiscation begins

Why in the hell would someone want to post something like this?
To educate those naïve gun owners who want to tell .gov about everything that they own! To each his own, I suppose, but any info that you provide to Big Brother will be used against you at some point. Yup, keep sending in that info. When confiscation time comes, the jackboots will thank you for making their "jobs" easier!

I don't believe they were looking that hard for Eric Rudolph. I did not look him up but if I remember correctly he was attacking abortion clinics not LEO or other govt. agents. It would be more like the ex-cop in Calif. who caused alot of turmoil for LE and got others shot at in their panic but he did not last long. Same for the Boston bomber who although they initially missed themselves they still got in a short period of time.
The problem is we have already tolerated too much and allowed govt. to go way beyond its constitutional limits and attain much more power than they ever were supposed to.
It would be great if the 80 million gun owners would bond together or even 1% of them but we have gun owners everyday supporting infringements.

You don't think they were looking for the guy that set off a bomb at the Atlanta olympics?

You don't think they were looking for the guy that set off a bomb at the Atlanta olympics?
There is a difference between not looking and not looking that hard as I said.
Initially Richard Jewell was the suspect.

To educate those naïve gun owners who want to tell .gov about everything that they own! To each his own, I suppose, but any info that you provide to Big Brother will be used against you at some point. Yup, keep sending in that info. When confiscation time comes, the jackboots will thank you for making their "jobs" easier!

OK,so educate me.Just lets say the cops are looking for the history of a firearm that was used to kill someone.The guy who sold you the firearm filed an FA-10 when he sold it to you,but you never filed an FA-10 when you sold it.So what do you tell them.

Last edited:
OK,so educate me.Just lets say the cops are looking for a firearm that was used to kill someone.The guy who sold you the firearm filed an FA-10 when he sold it to you,but you never filed an FA-10 when you sold it.So what do you tell them.

I filled it out, sent it in via USPS. Sorry it didn't make it to your illegal records-keeping DB.

Now get off my lawn.

OK,so educate me.Just lets say the cops are looking for a firearm that was used to kill someone.The guy who sold you the firearm filed an FA-10 when he sold it to you,but you never filed an FA-10 when you sold it.So what do you tell them.

Didn't you read what he wrote? There is no damned FA10 because he bought his rifles out of state. The FA10 would only apply if he bought them in MA. The problem is that we in MA sometimes think that what we have to do applies everywhere because of our conditioning, but that is not the case outside of this and a handful of commie states.

Also, it appears that you watch too many CSI type shows. The cops don't come looking for a firearm that was used to kill someone. They would already have to suspect YOU for that crime based on a connection or possible motive, THEN after querying their "registration" database would see that you owned a gun in the particular caliber as the murder weapon. They can't just do ballistics testing on a slug and suddenly have the serial number of a particular gun to track down it's owner! All they can do is match the bullet to the gun if they ever find it.

Last edited:
Didn't you read what he wrote? There is no damned FA10 because he bought his rifles out of state. The FA10 would only apply if he bought them in MA. The problem is that we in MA sometimes think that what we have to do applies everywhere because of our conditioning, but that is not the case outside of this and a handful of commie states.

Not quite true. Abiding by MA law would require you to fill out and send in a "Register" FA-10 afaik once you bring it into the state. I am not a boot licker so I am certainly not criticizing anyone for not doing so, but them are the rules I believe. From what I know about the "database" though, Patrons scenario wouldn't hold up well. That database is a mess.

So, you are implying that murderers apply for gun permits and use FA-10s? Were Whitey Bulger's firearms, including his machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and silencers registered? Apparently not. On top of two life sentences, he also got 5 years fed time for illegal firearms possession. After all, he is a convicted felon who did prison time in Atlanta and Alcatraz before becoming the South Boston crime boss.

Not quite true. Abiding by MA law would require you to fill out and send in a "Register" FA-10 afaik once you bring it into the state. I am not a boot licker so I am certainly not criticizing anyone for not doing so, but them are the rules I believe. From what I know about the "database" though, Patrons scenario wouldn't hold up well. That database is a mess.

I agree that you are "supposed to" file it when bringing them into the state, but surely it is is easy to imagine that many who purchase arms out of state (especially ftf) would not bother. When doing a ftf in this state it is the SELLER'S responsibility to file it, and I suspect that most do to cover their own ass should the new owner decide to do something stupid with it.

Also, it appears that you watch too many CSI type shows. The cops don't come looking for a firearm that was used to kill someone. They would already have to suspect YOU for that crime based on a connection or possible motive, THEN after querying their "registration" database would see that you owned a gun in the particular caliber as the murder weapon. They can't just do ballistics testing on a slug and suddenly have the serial number of a particular gun to track down it's owner! All they can do is match the bullet to the gun if they ever find it.

My bad,read my original post again I fixed it.

If you move to MA with guns you already own and you bring them with you when you move in, no requirement to FA10 although many cops will tell you that you should. Don't listen to cops for legal advice. There is no requirement to do such, unless you leave them behind and bring them in later.

If you move to MA with guns you already own and you bring them with you when you move in, no requirement to FA10 although many cops will tell you that you should. Don't listen to cops for legal advice. There is no requirement to do such, unless you leave them behind and bring them in later.

I was referring to a MA resident buying a long gun out of state and then bringing it back home, you are absolutely supposed to send in a "registration" FA-10 for the firearm. Did I say I got this info from a cop somewhere? Trust me, last place I'd go for information.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom