• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NYC confiscation begins

Under firearm type, it lists Semi, Bolt and rifle. So the question is what is the "rifle" if it is neither semi or bolt it must be breach right an exempt from the laws? [smile]

I think many people would like to say come and take them but they know if they did that swat would be paying them a visit in the middle of the night and that they along with their family if they have one would probably be killed and than painted as a crazy by the media.
This allows them to pick us off one by one.
At some point we all have to stand and act together or we're screwed.
The problem is we also have many gun owners that actually think infringements work and are good.

QFT.

This is what friends are for.
The problem is you need enough friends and family that feel the same way and are willing to make a stand no matter what the cost and they would have to be with you or very close by when the boots are kicking in your door.
Also even if successful you along with your friends will become hunted so you will need a lot of others to take up the cause and help and you and your friends will need to be highly skilled in thier fighting, survival and evasion skills with all the resources the govt. will use against you.
As I've said before if the 80 million gun owners would stand as one and say NO HELL NO to infringements we wouldn't have all these infringements but because many support infringements we are where we are today.

Not to change the subject, but since a couple of folks called me on this, let's be clear that this is not a new regulation.

It has been the law in NYC for at least 4 years. /www.ar15.com/. I don't know how long exactly. And these letter have been going out since at least Feb. 2012.http://www.longislandfirearms.com/

I wasn't trying to be a dick about it, I was just pointing out that despite The Truth About Guns posting this story yesterday as if it was new, in fact this is, and has been, the situation in NYC for some years now.

Last edited:
Not to change the subject, but since a couple of folks called me on this, let's be clear that this is not a new regulation.

It has been the law in NYC for at least 4 years. /www.ar15.com/. I don't know how long exactly. And these letter have been going out since at least Feb. 2012.http://www.longislandfirearms.com/

I wasn't trying to be a dick about it, I was just pointing out that despite The Truth About Guns posting this story yesterday as if it was new, in fact this is, and has been, the situation in NYC for some years now.

That letter however is the perfect example of the "registration leads to confiscation " discussion.
When the "No it won't" dumb asses start in, drop that gem on em.

That letter however is the perfect example of the "registration leads to confiscation " discussion.
When the "No it won't" dumb asses start in, drop that gem on em.

Agreed. From my perspective, I am wondering whether it is in our interest to have people think that this is a new development, which is how it is being portrayed(which benefits the pro-2A fear-mongers) or if we want people to realize this is an ongoing infringement that has been the status quo for years now, which should arouse even more anger, but apparently doesn't, hence the need to recycle stories.

The problem is you need enough friends and family that feel the same way and are willing to make a stand no matter what the cost and they would have to be with you or very close by when the boots are kicking in your door.
Also even if successful you along with your friends will become hunted so you will need a lot of others to take up the cause and help and you and your friends will need to be highly skilled in thier fighting, survival and evasion skills with all the resources the govt. will use against you.
As I've said before if the 80 million gun owners would stand as one and say NO HELL NO to infringements we wouldn't have all these infringements but because many support infringements we are where we are today.
Its gotta start somewhere some how and people would likely take notice. Death ain't the worst fate.

Its gotta start somewhere some how and people would likely take notice. Death ain't the worst fate.
Yes it has to start somewhere and the way we are going it may be soon but like I said if it starts in the house you along with your family may very well be killed. If just myself that's one thing but it is not up to me to decide their fate.
Also as I stated earlier someone acting alone or only a small group will just be dismissed by the MSM and sadly many gun owners would dismiss them too.
If they start things up there needs to be a reaction to every unconstitutional criminal act they commit but so far they seem to be able to continue trampling our rights with very little to no consequences.
Who will be the one to start it you,me somebody else?
Whomever it might be if it be anyone,better be good and better have a lot of support or they will just be a footnote in history if even that.

You don't have to be a genius or a real survivalist to stay two steps ahead of the government. Case in point: Eric Rudolph. How long did he last in the woods, with approximately 50,000 Feds looking for him? Long time. Difference is that the locals thought he had the right idea. Feds showed up looking for him and were basically told to go screw. He got caught when he got sloppy and some deputy with a 4th grade education decided to hassle the guy digging through a dumpster.

You have to make a decision eventually about how much abuse you are willing to take before you can't live with it anymore. What will you be able to tolerate and still look at yourself in the mirror in the morning? There are times when it is better to die than to bow down.

Yes it has to start somewhere and the way we are going it may be soon but like I said if it starts in the house you along with your family may very well be killed. If just myself that's one thing but it is not up to me to decide their fate.
Also as I stated earlier someone acting alone or only a small group will just be dismissed by the MSM and sadly many gun owners would dismiss them too.
If they start things up there needs to be a reaction to every unconstitutional criminal act they commit but so far they seem to be able to continue trampling our rights with very little to no consequences.
Who will be the one to start it you,me somebody else?
Whomever it might be if it be anyone,better be good and better have a lot of support or they will just be a footnote in history if even that.

Maybe instead a footnote in history. Some will get there names etched in stone like in Red Dawn.

Agreed. From my perspective, I am wondering whether it is in our interest to have people think that this is a new development, which is how it is being portrayed(which benefits the pro-2A fear-mongers) or if we want people to realize this is an ongoing infringement that has been the status quo for years now, which should arouse even more anger, but apparently doesn't, hence the need to recycle stories.

I'd be willing to bet if I go down to the range tomorrow and tell this story to a few folks , they would refuse to believe it.

I don't believe they were looking that hard for Eric Rudolph. I did not look him up but if I remember correctly he was attacking abortion clinics not LEO or other govt. agents. It would be more like the ex-cop in Calif. who caused alot of turmoil for LE and got others shot at in their panic but he did not last long. Same for the Boston bomber who although they initially missed themselves they still got in a short period of time.
The problem is we have already tolerated too much and allowed govt. to go way beyond its constitutional limits and attain much more power than they ever were supposed to.
It would be great if the 80 million gun owners would bond together or even 1% of them but we have gun owners everyday supporting infringements.

You don't have to be a genius or a real survivalist to stay two steps ahead of the government. Case in point: Eric Rudolph. How long did he last in the woods, with approximately 50,000 Feds looking for him? Long time. Difference is that the locals thought he had the right idea. Feds showed up looking for him and were basically told to go screw. He got caught when he got sloppy and some deputy with a 4th grade education decided to hassle the guy digging through a dumpster.

You have to make a decision eventually about how much abuse you are willing to take before you can't live with it anymore. What will you be able to tolerate and still look at yourself in the mirror in the morning? There are times when it is better to die than to bow down.

Maybe instead a footnote in history. Some will get there names etched in stone like in Red Dawn.
That would mean they had enough support and won which would be great but at the point we are at now it would be much more difficult than in that movie.

I don't believe they were looking that hard for Eric Rudolph. I did not look him up but if I remember correctly he was attacking abortion clinics not LEO or other govt. agents. It would be more like the ex-cop in Calif. who caused alot of turmoil for LE and got others shot at in their panic but he did not last long. Same for the Boston bomber who although they initially missed themselves they still got in a short period of time.
The problem is we have already tolerated too much and allowed govt. to go way beyond its constitutional limits and attain much more power than they ever were supposed to.
It would be great if the 80 million gun owners would bond together or even 1% of them but we have gun owners everyday supporting infringements.
Confiscation that led to the death of a few families would hopefully wake up and unite some people.

I'd be willing to bet if I go down to the range tomorrow and tell this story to a few folks , they would refuse to believe it.

No way, man. It's much too cold to go to the range. [wink] Everyone knows that they will only come for you when the weather is nice and you are prepared for it.

Confiscation that led to the death of a few families would hopefully wake up and unite some people.

Agreed. The thing is, as has been mentioned here before, no one wants to go first. And even if it did start happening, the media would gladly portray it as a Ruby Ridge type incident. By the time the FBI paid off whatever survivors remained, the story would be a wikipedia footnote that was only read by conspiracy theorists.

Last edited:
80 million is not reality, all it would take is 5 million angry, fed up with .gov screwing with our rights, folks to stand up and fight. The .gov would tip in months. The problem is organizing all the masses before .gov can pick the groups off. It would have to be done with the utmost concealment and lighting speed. Hell, Dorner, 1 man, threw Cali LE for a loop, what would 1000 armed men do!!!

You missed the part where I said "or even 1%" which would be 800,000. It would be great if all or at least most of us could get on the same page it would sure have a positive effect on removing the infringements.

80 million is not reality, all it would take is 5 million angry, fed up with .gov screwing with our rights, folks to stand up and fight. The .gov would tip in months. The problem is organizing all the masses before .gov can pick the groups off. It would have to be done with the utmost concealment and lighting speed. Hell, Dorner, 1 man, threw Cali LE for a loop, what would 1000 armed men do!!!

we couldn't even get 100 to go testify before the senate committee in boston, good luck getting any to actually fight....

You would hope that it would but Ruby Ridge where a mother was killed holding her baby & Waco happened killing many men, women and children even though they were only after one man and although these incidents did wake those people up that are paying attention there are still too many stuck in front of their televisions or just ignoring what is going on around them believing that it can't happen here. Too many people koolaid drinking instead of thinking.

It is sad but I think in this case many felt that even if a 1000 showed it would not deter them in this state and that is probably true but if 10,000 or 100,000 or more showed up it sure would make them think twice. Too many people are too comfortable and they don't want to rock their boat.

we couldn't even get 100 to go testify before the senate committee in boston, good luck getting any to actually fight....

That is why I never submitted an FA10 and never plan to. Any info that you provide to the bureaucrats in this sorry excuse for a state will eventually be used against you. By purchasing all firearms out of state, I saved the sales tax as well.

Why in the hell would someone want to post something like this?

Back
Top Bottom