NYC carjacking in broad daylight…

On a more serious note, anyplace to go for guidelines on anti carjacking?

My daughter works until 9 or 10pm, and sometimes drops off coworkers. It seems like they will target anything, at random locations.

Not sure which is more revolting -- this picture or the "head shot". Both make me want to toss my cookies.
Yeah. It is a little rough, I took it down because it is already up. No profit in redundancy...

"Victoria's Secrets Summer Collection" stays though... [rofl]

Personal experience, the experts probably disagree with me, but: lock your doors and close your windows so they can't be yanked open, leave a bit of room in front of your car so you have someplace to go, be willing to run a light if it starts looking dicey. Most important is situational awareness, though. If you're rushing and not paying attention somebody else might be.

All of the attempts I'm personally aware of have been in traffic, but there was a group of kids (12-14 maybe, not just what the news calls "children" which seems to be anyone under 25) jacking cars at the Arsenal Mall in Watertown a couple of decades ago, and the MO was to go after shoppers with their hands full getting into cars.

https://twitter.com/FOX29philly

We're only 14 days into 2022, and almost 100 carjackings have already been reported in the city of Philadelphia. So, what can we do to protect ourselves and our loved ones? Police Commissioner Outlaw joins us live @ 7:30 this morning to discuss.

2021 it was 750 carjackings for the year in Philly. This last two weeks a 100 were reported, not counting failures...looking at 2600 'Jackings' for 2022.
Go Brandon

Personal experience, the experts probably disagree with me, but: lock your doors and close your windows so they can't be yanked open, leave a bit of room in front of your car so you have someplace to go, be willing to run a light if it starts looking dicey. Most important is situational awareness, though. If you're rushing and not paying attention somebody else might be.

All of the attempts I'm personally aware of have been in traffic, but there was a group of kids (12-14 maybe, not just what the news calls "children" which seems to be anyone under 25) jacking cars at the Arsenal Mall in Watertown a couple of decades ago, and the MO was to go after shoppers with their hands full getting into cars.
Whenever I see teens involved, my first thought is "gangs." Legacy Place is full of ritzy cars.

2021 it was 750 carjackings for the year in Philly. This last two weeks a 100 were reported, not counting failures...looking at 2600 'Jackings' for 2022.
Go Brandon

That beats Chicago, as of last Thurday they only had 70 carjackings so far this year:

Chicago police have received 70 reports of carjackings year-to-date as of Thursday, and have made more than 56 carjacking-related arrests,

The surprising part is that they made so many arrests related to those carjackings.
But I'm sure the perps are already back out on the streets.

My daughter works until 9 or 10pm, and sometimes drops off coworkers. It seems like they will target anything, at random locations.
Don't worry about it. Boston is completely safe and anyone who says any different is just being ridiculous. You've said it yourself many times

Good rule of thumb is to leave enough room in between you and the car in front of you so can see their tires touching the ground. Youll have enough room to drive around if you have to

Don't worry about it. Boston is completely safe and anyone who says any different is just being ridiculous. You've said it yourself many times
1. Don’t put words in my mouth. 2. OK pretend it’s your daughter, in NH.

1. Don’t put words in my mouth.
Cmon, youve been going on for years about how safe Boston is and anyone who says differently is talking out of their ass. Iirc, youve even relayed how your kids have been taking the train for years, walked the streets, etc with no incidents.

Cmon, youve been going on for years about how safe Boston is and anyone who says differently is talking out of their ass. Iirc, youve even relayed how your kids have been taking the train for years, walked the streets, etc with no incidents.
That someone would fault a father for trying to keep his daughters safe is contemptible.

That someone would fault a father for trying to keep his daughters safe is contemptible.
Lol. You know thats not what I'm saying. For years you were the "LMAO Boston is super safe you guise!!1 Whats the big deal?!?" Now for whatever reason you're finally acknowledging the same reality that in the past caused you to look down your nose at others.

You should be concerned. You should've been concerned in the past as well instead of suggesting that people could stroll around the city at all hours without a care.

Serious question. If some I’ll behaved hamster opens my truck door and I shoot him in the face can I just drive off

Lol. You know thats not what I'm saying. For years you were the "LMAO Boston is super safe you guise!!1 Whats the big deal?!?" Now for whatever reason you're finally acknowledging the same reality that in the past caused you to look down your nose at others.

You should be concerned. You should've been concerned in the past as well instead of suggesting that people could stroll around the city at all hours without a care.
You can take the Mahole out of MA, but you can’t take out the ahole.

Whenever I see teens involved, my first thought is "gangs." Legacy Place is full of ritzy cars.

Legacy Place is always filled with unsavories at night, esp Friday through Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom