• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NYC and this new 2A ruling

groundscrapers

NES Member
So what does this new ruling mean for the residents and visitors of NYC? Do you guys think the laws are going to become a little easier on legal gun owners there?

So what does this new ruling mean for the residents and visitors of NYC? Do you guys think the laws are going to become a little easier on legal gun owners there?

I believe they're in the same limbo we are here in Mass, it's going to take numerous lawsuits to start to restore New York's civil rights.

Yup, but at least now they have a basis on which to start their lawsuits.

No, I completely agree, and feel that many Mass laws are ripe for the picking, I feel that the "firearms in common use" clause of the Heller ruling could be used to eliminate the EOPS and AG regs.

We just need to get on our horse and get going.

CH.180 needs to be challenged. Discretionary issuance of ALP permits need to be challenged and banned. The high cap mag ban needs to be overturned. That`s just a start.

CH.180 needs to be challenged. Discretionary issuance of ALP permits need to be challenged and banned. The high cap mag ban needs to be overturned. That`s just a start.

And I need to be thinner, stronger, richer, and have more hair. I'm not holding my breath.

No, I completely agree, and feel that many Mass laws are ripe for the picking, I feel that the "firearms in common use" clause of the Heller ruling could be used to eliminate the EOPS and AG regs.

We just need to get on our horse and get going.

The California and DC lists have already been challenged. If those cases win, the MA list will be a slam dunk. CA is going to be the battleground for the next few years, as CalGuns is huge and well organized. Hopefully we can use those precedents to make easy cases in MA down the line.

The California and DC lists have already been challenged. If those cases win, the MA list will be a slam dunk. CA is going to be the battleground for the next few years, as CalGuns is huge and well organized. Hopefully we can use those precedents to make easy cases in MA down the line.

I almost think it would be better for those in MA to hold off on the court cases and let the guys in CA spend all the money first. Then once they are successful, you can spend less money to prove your cases since CA did all the hard work first.

I almost think it would be better for those in MA to hold off on the court cases and let the guys in CA spend all the money first. Then once they are successful, you can spend less money to prove your cases since CA did all the hard work first.

Easy to say when you live in NH.

I call it being realistic. We only have so much money. Waiting for the guys in CA to get favorable rulings will most likely cause those in MA to spend less to accomplish the same goals. It does you no good to fight the same battles on opposite sides of the coast to both win and have no money left over to fight other BS laws when you get the right court rulings on your side.

At the same time, I do understand the frustration, and the impatience to wait for the guys in CA to get rulings in your favor.

Also, going off half cocked could set us back years. A big part of Gura's success is the careful search for the perfect plaintiffs. This has already happened in the pending CA cases. This seems like something Jesse and co can focus on so we're ready to go.

Not necessarily. Federal courts in MA could very easily disregard any decisions from the 9th circuit.

Ideally you'd want to makes these challenges in more that one district which would give you either two wins or a split decision, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I call it being realistic. We only have so much money. Waiting for the guys in CA to get favorable rulings will most likely cause those in MA to spend less to accomplish the same goals. It does you no good to fight the same battles on opposite sides of the coast to both win and have no money left over to fight other BS laws when you get the right court rulings on your side.

At the same time, I do understand the frustration, and the impatience to wait for the guys in CA to get rulings in your favor.

By waiting for the California rulings it gives Mass that much more time to come up with a creative work around, where as if we attack them directly they won't have that opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom