• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NY Times Article on Gun Control and the new reality

beaker

NES Member
NY Times Article on Gun Control - shockingly accurate

Representative Peter T. King, a New York Republican who favors a federal ban on the type of assault weapon used in the shooting in Aurora, Colo., in which 12 people died and 58 were wounded, said even lesser gun control measures had no future in Congress.

“The political reality is at this point the American people have made the decision that gun control is ineffective, that people have the right to have weapons, and the government can’t be trusted and they’d rather trust themselves with a gun,” Mr. King said.​

Sounds about right...

Actually, it's the old reality too. Goes all the way back to when the constitution was drafted. Hey, imagine that!

The funny thing is the guy still favors an AWB... isn't he supposed to represent the people?

"Well, I personally want an AWB, but I can't get enough other people to vote for it because they are afraid of losing their comfy elected position"

Holy Crap!
The New York Times actually printed that ???? [shocked]
I bet Bloomturd isn't very happy with them right now. [laugh]

I wouldn't close my eyes, my tin foil hat says they're just trying to lull you to sleep so they can sneak something in another bill where "we'll just have to pass it to see what's in it" (cit Nancy Pelosi on the afordable care act).

I think that part of the "new reality" is that there are more shooters, and therefore, more people that will be negatively affected by anti-gun laws.

There are a good number of "elite" politicians that know what's best for the masses.....but there are a lot of pols that, even if they are not inherently "right thinking," are smart enough to do/say what the voters want.

Scott Brown p!ssed off a lot of people here, as he's a RINO.....but the political reality is that were he just a tad more conservative, we'd have another person in the senate with Kerry.

It's one of my more-used phrases in this context: vox populi, vox dei, it's an ancient political reality.

Scott Brown p!ssed off a lot of people here, as he's a RINO.....but the political reality is that were he just a tad more conservative, we'd have another person in the senate with Kerry.

He's a RINO, but at least, his presence does not count on D side of the headcount when determining senate majority. Without the INO, he would never have been elected in the DPRM.

Back
Top Bottom