NY Sheriff Supporting Second Amendment Rights!

aeromarine

NES Member
Some sheriffs in New York State have been standing up against the abusive gun control actions/laws of Governor Cuomo and the NY Legislature. I know we have some pro gun LEOs here in Massachusetts, too. However, few have been as vocal as this guy. I can certainly understand why given the heat they would take. But this guy is courageous.

Note that pistol permits in New York are issued at the county level and things can vary widely as to how the issuing process is done. Not too long ago many counties issued permits without expiration dates just like our old FID cards. It seems the NY Safe Act has changed that.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/20/n...bage-because-that-is-where-they-belong-video/

I have said it here before and will say it again, that Mass does not have REAL Sheriffs. If we did, we may have better help.

That is courageous. I hope he doesn't get scrutinized and driven away because of it.

If only the people in charge of enforcing the other ridiculous laws such as their gun bans and capacity bans had constitutional views as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is courageous.

Is it really? Most of those upstate counties were against the SAFE Act to begin with.

It's definitely good to see CLEO's stand up for the 2nd Amendment, but it's probably just good politics in that county. Not quite sure if label it "courageous", however.

Is it really? Most of those upstate counties were against the SAFE Act to begin with.

It's definitely good to see CLEO's stand up for the 2nd Amendment, but it's probably just good politics in that county. Not quite sure if label it "courageous", however.

I always forget that the Sheriff is an elected official so public opinion is in his best interest. To encourage people to defy their government isn't something to be taken lightly though.

I suppose it would be more courageous for a non elected official to encourage people to defy a newly written unconstitutional law.

Still way better than anything you see from any CoP's in this state though.

The guy sounds legit. We'd have to check his record. Any NES'rs from Fulton Cty here? Maybe they can vouch for the guy.

Bravo to you, Sheriff Lorey.

Anyway, I want to go to one of those meetings. There looks like there would be pancakes there. MMmmmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom