NY Senate passes 'landmark' gun control laws

Sorry if this has been already posted but:

Quentin Defense on FB said:
QD receivers and rifles have been banned by name in the state of New York. Those of you from New York with receivers on back order will unfortunately not be able to receive them. We will be contacting those customers over the next week to discuss.

http://troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/NYS_SAFE_Act/

For all intense and porpoises...

715822197_260.jpg

harbor-porpoises_569_600x450.jpg

I don't even want to know...

I read bits and pieces of this thread so I apologize if this point was already made.

Trying to be Mr Pragmatic about all things, I figured "Man, NY must have a really bad assault rifle problem if they flew this fast to enact a sweeping new law, and those Senators/Governors got up there and screamed about sensibility and responsibility at the top of their lungs. So I searched around to find out how many murders there were in NY in 2012 by assault rifles. Yea, as you would guess the definition of assault rifle is obscure so they just added up ALL the murders from all rifles, lumped them in with the assault rifles. Yea. That number?

Man, am I glad we had such a media circus/dog and pony show to get that law passed so fast. Gee those children really are safe now! phew. NY can rest easy.

Sorry if this has been already posted but:
Haven't seen it. Thank you.

Jeez, look at all those uncommon and rare firearms. Man, I'm glad that the AR15 platform isn't...ya know...widely copied and produced, or anything like that. Otherwise this would have some issues with that whole "commonly possessed" thing from DC v. Heller.

Any AR-15 variant designed to fire ammunition in any caliber manufactured by the firms listed below:

Alexander Arms
AAC
Accurate Tool & Manufacturing
Adams
Ad-Tek
Addax Tactical
AFM
Adcor
Ameetec
AGP Arms
Ardel Engineering & Manufacturing
American Spirit Arms
ArmaLite
American Tactical
Anderson Manufacturing
Anvil Arms
Aero Precision
ATI
Arizona Armory
Barnes Precision Machine
Barrett Firearms Manufacturing
Bartlett Enterprises
Battle Born
BCM
Black Heart International (BHI)
Black Hole Weaponry
Black Rain Ordnance
Blackthorne
BOHICA
Bushmaster Firearms International
C3 Defense
Carolina Mountain Tactical
Cavalry Arms
CD Defense
Century Arms
Centurion Arms
Continental Machine & Tool (CMT)
Charles Daly firearms
Christensen Arms
CMMG
Colt's Manufacturing Company
Colt Canada (previously Diemaco)
Core 15 Rifles Systems
Crusader Weaponry
Dalphon
Dane Armory
Daniels Defense
Dedicated Technology
Del-Ton
Delaware Machinery
Denny's Guns
Diamondback
Dlask
Double Diamond
Double Star
Dreadnaught Industries

DSC/J&P Dist.
DPMS Panther Arms
DS Arms
DSG Arms
Eagle Arms
Essential Arms
Ferfrans
FN
Frankford Arsenal
Floro International Corporation
Firebird Precision
Fulton Armory
GATITO Arms
Good Times Outdoors
Gunsmoke
Head Down Products
Heckler and Koch
Hesse Arms
Hero-Guns
High Standard Manufacturing Company
Hogan
Hughes Precison Products
Huldra
Iron Ridge Arms
JD Machine Tech
JP Rifles, Inc.
Kaiser
Kies
Knight's Armament Company
LAR
LaRue
Lauer Custom Weaponry
Legion Firearms
Les Baer
Lewis Machine and Tool Company
Land Warfare Resources Corporation International (LWRCI)
Lone Wolf
Loki Weapons Systems
LMT
LRB Arms
M2 Corporation
Magpul Industries
McKay Enterprises, LLC.
MGI
Mega Machine
Mohawk Armory
Mossberg
New Frontier Arms
Next Generation
Nodak Spud
Norinco
Noveske
Olympic Arms
Ordnance, Inc

Palmetto
Patriot
Para-Ordnance (Para-USA)
PAW Arms
Plum Crazy
POF
Predator Custom Shop
Professional Ordnance, Inc.
PWA
PWS
Quality Arms
Quentin Defense
R-Guns
Red Jacket LLC.
Red River Tactical
Remington Arms
RGM
Rip Tactical
RND Machining
Rock River Arms
Rocky Mountain Arms
Roggio Arsenal
Sabre Defence/Manroy USA
Schmeisser
Seekins
Sendra
Sharps
Sig Sauer
Sionics
SI Defense
SLR-15
Smith & Wesson
Spikes Tactical
SOG Armory
SMOS
Stag Arms
Sturm, Ruger
Surplus Ammo& Arms
STI
Stinger Arms
Superior Arms
Sun Devil
Tactical Innovations
Tactical Machining
TNW
United Defense Manufacturing Corporation
USA Tactical Firearms
Vltor
Vulcan
Wilson Combat
Windham
YHM Corp
Z-M Weapons
Zombie Defense
Nope, definitely not common. Nobody makes 'em.

I read bits and pieces of this thread so I apologize if this point was already made.

Trying to be Mr Pragmatic about all things, I figured "Man, NY must have a really bad assault rifle problem if they flew this fast to enact a sweeping new law, and those Senators/Governors got up there and screamed about sensibility and responsibility at the top of their lungs. So I searched around to find out how many murders there were in NY in 2012 by assault rifles. Yea, as you would guess the definition of assault rifle is obscure so they just added up ALL the murders from all rifles, lumped them in with the assault rifles. Yea. That number?

Man, am I glad we had such a media circus/dog and pony show to get that law passed so fast. Gee those children really are safe now! phew. NY can rest easy.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good old fashion tyrannical take over.

Haven't seen it. Thank you.

Jeez, look at all those uncommon and rare firearms. Man, I'm glad that the AR15 platform isn't...ya know...widely copied and produced, or anything like that. Otherwise this would have some issues with that whole "commonly possessed" thing from DC v. Heller.

Nope, definitely not common. Nobody makes 'em.

My AWS lower is LEGAL in NY!! I can be rich!! [rofl]

It's too late to fight this in the legislative branch. Your choices now are

lawsuit with an injunction

Civil disobedience. A statement that you will not comply with this unconstitutional law, compiled into a list signed by the majority of lawful NY gun owners and sent to Cuomo's office & the media.

No it isn't unfortunately, this is not an all inclusive list

You need to look up the lawsuit that says firearms on a banned list must be explicitly stated. Came out of California and dealt directly with AR-15s. (Note Californians can own AR-15s, just not specifically listed makes and models which was not the original intent of their ban).

Look up Roberti-Roos and specifically Harrott vs Kings County. This is CA state law but should aid New Yorkers in their struggle. NY copied many aspects of the CA bans and I can see similar weaknesses which CA gun owners have successfully exploited in the past 6 years or so.

Last edited:
You need to look up the lawsuit that says firearms on a banned list must be explicitly stated. Came out of California and dealt directly with AR-15s. (Note Californians can own AR-15s, just not specifically listed makes and models which was not the original intent of their ban).

Look up Roberti-Roos and specifically Harrott vs Kings County. This is CA state law but should aid New Yorkers in their struggle. NY copied many aspects of the CA bans and I can see similar over-reachings which CA gun owners have successfully fought in the effort to claw their rights back from the state in the past 6 years or so.
FIFY [wink]

Back
Top Bottom