NY Senate passes 'landmark' gun control laws

"Restrict ammunition magazines to seven bullets, from the current national standard of 10."

NY really has their heads up their asses if they think that 10 rounds is somehow a national standard.

They are speaking on what's going to happen tomorrow. Cats out of the bag now.

I think I am more curious what Obama has to say tomorrow morning. What happened in NY is already done. I am curious what's about to happen to the rest of us.

I hope you have your lube ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw my prediction for tomorrow is a ban of ammo/mag/firearm imports. Say goodbye to cheap wasrs.

What will Remington do.......nothing they will have exclusive contract with new your for all future subject control material.....they will get a big fat contract and most likely federal tax help.

At this point I'm so disheartened and feel beaten/betrayed that its got me thinking these ****ing NE states need to send a letter to Britain saying:
"We are sorry. It has become clear to us now that freedom, the United States, our Bill of Rights and our Constitution was just too grand of an idea. Please take us back."

None of you are going to fire any shots or stand up, you are all going to get beaten down bill after bill, law after law till you have nothing! accept it because that how it's going to happen!
And those that do not comply will be in prison or dead

MODERATORS

Please DELETE my account!

Go **** yourself dickhead!

Two thoughts came to mind on the ride home tonight from work:

1. The most frightening part of this legislation is the requirement that mental health workers report anyone they feel may harm themselves or others, and after which the police are required to confiscate their guns. This is horrifying. It will be abused, no question.

2. This legislation, and legislation being considered in other states and at the Federal level, is going to get someone killed. While most gun owners are peaceful and just want to be left alone, I honestly think there's a fringe 1% of the proverbial III% that will take matters into their own hands. And the rest of us will pay for it.

This is bad! I think the firearms industry needs to stick together now and NOT SELL ANY FIREARMS, AMMO, MAGAZINES, OR ANYTHING FIREARMS RELATED to any law enforcement agency in NY. After all, they won't be needing their guns any more since all criminals will be turning their guns in. This is similar to what Ron Barrett did when he didn't sell his .50 BMG rifles to California Law Enforcement since they banned the rifles to civilians. I just hope the rest of the firearms industry has the balls to stand up to NY.

1. The most frightening part of this legislation is the requirement that mental health workers report anyone they feel may harm themselves or others, and after which the police are required to confiscate their guns. This is horrifying. It will be abused, no question.

2. This legislation, and legislation being considered in other states and at the Federal level, is going to get someone killed. While most gun owners are peaceful and just want to be left alone, I honestly think there's a fringe 1% of the proverbial III% that will take matters into their own hands. And the rest of us will pay for it.

You hit the nail on the head. Anytime you allow government to deem you fit for anything you are set up for failure.

He was banned, but I concur with the sentiment.

I am willing to buy McLaughlin a green membership if he wants it.

That's it? Remember what I offered to get him earlier? Make it 2 trucks.

Damn man, +1.

Definitely agree it will be abused. And yep, someone or many people will be killed.

We might as well just hand them over. Considering how many NES members sent letters to their rep's we're doomed. We have 25000 members here and last time I checked the thread with the Ruger.com link to autosend letters to our local rep's was less than 200 people in. If we don't even care here then why should we expect the rest of the country to care.[sad2]

I've called my own reps as well as Linsky's office.

Anyone who doesn't think that MA, CT, NJ and CA are watching this situation carefully are nuts. If this thing goes off in NY without too much trouble, we will see clones of this law in these other states in short order. NY gun owners need to band together, mobilize and get very vocal quickly. Immediate lawsuits would help.

And how many people, who need legitimate treatment for a minor mental problem, are going to avoid seeing the doctor now for fear that their guns are going to be taken? I'm not a doctor, but I can only guess that a problem left untreated is going to get worse and worse.

321362382158439961.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it has been mentioned before here, that firearm manufacturers that have contracts with the state of NY should get together and not renew them with the state.

Per se antitrust violation. Go directly to jail, do not pass go. Fines too. Big ones.

This is bad! I think the firearms industry needs to stick together now and NOT SELL ANY FIREARMS, AMMO, MAGAZINES, OR ANYTHING FIREARMS RELATED to any law enforcement agency in NY. After all, they won't be needing their guns any more since all criminals will be turning their guns in. This is similar to what Ron Barrett did when he didn't sell his .50 BMG rifles to California Law Enforcement since they banned the rifles to civilians. I just hope the rest of the firearms industry has the balls to stand up to NY.

This goddammit!!

I agree but my guess is even with an outright voluntary industry ban on the entire state there will be a small troupe of whore FFLs and whore mid-level distributors willing to sell the state entities guns and ammo through the blockade, although it would make life considerably more expensive for NY, I can tell you that much. No more factory service....

-Mike

Curious, What did law enforcement due that we keep on saying not to sell to them?

They support 99% of the bans out there and anti-gun legislation. They are the enforcers, without them the AWB would be meaningless if they said "We will not arrest people based on this law" it would not be viable. But they are "Just following orders" by enforcing un-constitutional laws so they are just as guilty as the treasonous men who passed the law in the first place.

Per se antitrust violation. Go directly to jail, do not pass go. Fines too. Big ones.

That's going to be a tough sell since there isn't necessarily a profit motive attached to it... and if it's not done in an organized way (voluntary boycott by manufacturers/dealers/etc) it's going to be difficult to prove collusion. Even then, the intent isn't to manipulate the market to enhance their profit, so saying it's some kind of antitrust violation is a stretch.

-Mike

Curious, What did law enforcement due that we keep on saying not to sell to them?

It's not them per se in all cases but they are a primary government based consumer of firearms. So it's a method of punishing the state by proxy- "Oh, well, if you're going to **** over the citizen, then **** you... buy your guns from someone else.. " with the main effect being that it will cost the state of NY and any related entities (towns, cities etc) more money because they will have to purchase and have service done through some 3rd party distributor thats a big enough whore to not participate in the blockade.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom