• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NY SAFE Repeal - Phone Calls Needed

MetalgodZ

NES Member
Haven't seen it posted here, but long story short: There's the potential for a full repeal of NY SAFE via attachment of the repeal to a bill regarding rent control in NYC. It's a long shot, but it's about the best they've got at the moment.

There's more info via SCOPE here.

Please see their main page for all of the targeted calls.

No time for letters or email on this one, and they all need to be hit hard. If you know anyone in NYS, it'd be good to pass this along. Anyone who can make some calls them self would be even more helpful.

Ive passed it along and my friends upstate don't suck as much as my relatives in Mid Town, who support Bloomberg, Cuomo and the SAFE bullshit. Suffice it to say, we don't really get along at thanksgiving.

BTW, time on this is short. If I read correctly, this could be decided as early as noon today, so don't wait until this evening to pass it along.

And what better time to remind them that there are two escaped murderers roaming about that they can't find? How are people supposed to defend themselves when they've disarmed them?

Passed along to my best friend in NYS. He's going to get the gun club phone tree up and running for this today.

Thank you for posting this (+1).

I'm in NY but I cant get the pages to open, its not your links its my computer. Could someone please post the info or PM it to me?

Thanks!

http://www.guns.com/2015/06/17/mandatory-gun-lock-law-passes-new-york-assembly/

with the passage of this in the House, I don't see the Safe Act getting repealed
Yup, I saw that as well. It's still worth the time trying to get this attached.

I'm in NY but I cant get the pages to open, its not your links its my computer. Could someone please post the info or PM it to me?

Thanks!
Direct from S.C.O.P.E.'s FB page:
WEDNESDAY ACTION ALERT: SCOPE wil be on the ground in Albany and we want to hear those phones ringing!

Here's the update: The NYS Senate has held the line on its rent control bill, but has NOT advanced the line on a FULL REPEAL of the "SAFE Act." Our mantra for today is "VOTE FIRST - VOTE NOW!" We are being told the Senate will pass FULL REPEAL if the Assembly goes first. The Republicans are in-fighting between conferences in the Senate and the Assembly. For our cause, it makes no difference who votes first; it only matters that both chambers vote "AYE!" to FULL REPEAL.

The ask remains:

1 - Senate does a "same as" Bill to the Lopez Assembly Bill 08215;

2 - Senate votes "AYE!"

Your top calls are:

#1: Senate Temporary Majority Leader Flanagan - (518) 455-2071.

#2: Senate Codes Committee Chairman Michael Nozzolio - (518) 455-2366.

#3: Senator Seward - (518) 455-3131 ~ he carried a "partial" bill, ask him to Sponsor the "same as" to the Lopez Bill.

We need at least one more day of your voice in Albany! Call! Fax! E-mail! Send us your video! Show up in person!

We'll keep you posted from the Legislative Office Building.

Fight through the finish line!
The current problem is Flanagan, who seems resistant to the idea. The answer I and others have been given is that he "doesn't see the issues as related."

So he's not very bright (not likely), or he needs a reminder that at least a portion of his constituents don't care whether her thinks they're related or not.

Either way, it doesn't matter whether the repeal starts in the House or the Senate...THERE'S A CHANCE THAT THE POLITICAL WILL TO DO THIS EXISTS.

Please make what calls you can.

Report from my NYS friend:
"Cuomo will never sign it and they don't have enough votes to override it. Also, The MSM is only focusing on the rent issue so the shep are unaware that this bill has the repeal amendment in it.

It's doomed before it was added to the rent bill."

Sent from the Warlock Command Center

Of course he won't sign a full repeal, but he also doesn't have the ability to line item veto, and he needs the support of the downstate reps, so he's got to sign SOMETHING regarding rent control, or their voters will hold it against them.

Not worth giving up on this yet. Best case is full repeal, realistically it could result in a win for us. Flanagan's office was downright nasty on day 1. Their stance is softening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom