ny responds to scotus with new legislation

Hello CCP Social Credit System, it’s nice to meet you!

this will come to EVERY state and eventually be expanded to travel, access to credit, food, fuel, and information.

This is what the Great Reset wanted with digital passports, and now they get to do it only to their enemies, otherwise known as lawful gun owners.

Last edited:
Under Communism there is no Constitution, no God given rights, no rights at all. Only the rule of total obedience.
really serious stuff when anarchy starts at the state level. and potus doesn't even make a statement condemning it, jeezus! also,i would have figured california would be the first state to dabble in it.

Good job pointing out the stupidity of license requirements. Maybe we can get a SCOTUS ruling on the hoops people have to go through to get a license.

Interesting analysis of the new law. He describes it as Texas law in reverse:

It is every signage state's laws in reverse.

This was my very first thought upon hearing of what NY was proposing to enact.

This shall not stand!!!

Wow.

I mean, I guess you have to give Hochul points for persistence... [banghead]

Jumped the shark and held their beer all at once
This likely won't survive a pre-enforcement injunction.
Pretty certain even Kagan will jump on the social media requirement beat down. But that will be offset by Kavanaugh gobbling down some statist BBC.

Just like the NES chatroom we are posting on. . .
Free speech has consequences, especially in the age of instant search and every dumb thing you’ve ever done or said being logged for posterity. I’m lucky that all of my truly stupid acts happened in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s.

Freedumb is pretty deep. Might be prudent to exhibit self-control with the number of times you threaten to kill, blow up, beat up, overthrow (name your favorite violent fantasy act) in a patriotic fervor or jealous anger.

Stay safe!

The question is what can New Yorkers do about it?
I would start with not complying. Why follow immoral laws made by corrupt legislators?

As far as social media. Simple. You have none. If lying under the pains and penalties of perjury works for pols, why not the proles?

Now, if you are out there on f***book posting stupid shit under your real name...

I would start with not complying. Why follow immoral laws made by corrupt legislators?

As far as social media. Simple. You have none. If lying under the pains and penalties of perjury works for pols, why not the proles?

Now, if you are out there on f***book posting stupid shit under your real name...
People are timid sheep, they'll comply and the hand full of tyrants (AKA politicians) who rule over them all know it. It's the same for every other state too

The question is what can New Yorkers do about it?
Become the criminal they so desperately want them to be. Once the state has taken everything from them, the newly minted criminals can take anything they want with hardly any reprisal.

Maybe that's what they mean by "You'll own nothing and be happy about it". The second someone has no material/financial assets left to take, they're welcomed to the revolving door of justice and gov assistance. Meanwhile the regular citizen types try to stay legit all the while getting hosed by the gov with endless laws/regulations/taxes/fees/fines.

Something something to spit on his hands something something.
H.L. Mencken

This is what the gun haters have been doing for years, throw some crap out there and see if it sticks. And with the old SCOUS they knew it would stick. With the current SCOUS none of this crap will stick.

The gun grabbers are desperate. Their plan now is to pass legislation that they damn well know will not hold up. And in between the time they pass this garbage and it goes in front of SCOUS they figure they have a temporary win. They know it takes time and $$$ to fight this and for a gun grabber that in itself is a win.

This is what the gun haters have been doing for years, throw some crap out there and see if it sticks. And with the old SCOUS they knew it would stick. With the current SCOUS none of this crap will stick.

The gun grabbers are desperate. Their plan now is to pass legislation that they damn well know will not hold up. And in between the time they pass this garbage and it goes in front of SCOUS they figure they have a temporary win. They know it takes time and $$$ to fight this and for a gun grabber that in itself is a win.
That's called lawfare and it's a tactic that's not going to work for stuff like magazine bans, AWB, open carry bans, etc. but for stuff like licensing and permits for carrying, so long as SCOTUS allows states to operate licensing schemes and not find them unconstitutional and move to nationwide permitless carry, states like NY are going to pull this crap.

Watch for more anti gun states to start requesting social media accounts simply to obtain a license (like the FID) to buy a firearm, if not put that into a state background check form.

As long as there's a process to which buying a firearm or carrying a firearm requires proof of not being a prohibited person, then the anti gun states are going to try to make that process as arduous as possible. The reason why mag bans, AWB, ammo etc. is safe from lawfare is, unless states start passing laws requiring background checks to buy mags or ammo, there's no procedure to that. In most states you can go online or to a store and buy those things and need nothing more than to pass an age check by flashing your ID.

I don't expect state licenses to buy guns or ammo to last much longer, but we're in for quite a fight in anti gun states over carry regulations and, at some point down the road, NFA items because before SCOTUS gets a case to strike down much of the NFA, I see state restrictions on NFA items falling first and NY, Mass, etc. will make getting a suppressor or SBR as big a PITA as possible.

Watch for more anti gun states to start requesting social media accounts simply to obtain a license (like the FID) to buy a firearm, if not put that into a state background check form.

Yep, and if you say you don't have any social media accounts and they find that you do, you will be denied/revoked/unsuitable for lying.

Back
Top Bottom