• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NY proposing BAD THINK - NO GUN FOR YOU law...

dupe

NY-Lawmakers Drafting Bill That Would Allow Social Media Checks Before Gun Purchase

This isn't 1995 where people had at most one computer that was the size of a kitchen, equipped with one web browser. What browser history do they want to look at? Your phone(s), tablet(s), laptop(s), TV(s), car(s)? Hell, refrigerators have web browsers now. Are they going to swing by your house and check those too?

I thought you are only allowed ONE account with Google that is also required to be registered with the state?

How will they know it's you? No officer, I'm not JohnZ12348475920. I'm JohnZ12348475921. I have no idea who those other 12348475920 JohnZ's are.

Maybe someone should start setting up accounts in the name of the sponsor. Though he's ex LEO so it probably won't have an impact.

How will they know it's you? No officer, I'm not JohnZ12348475920. I'm JohnZ12348475921. I have no idea who those other 12348475920 JohnZ's are.

Maybe someone should start setting up accounts in the name of the sponsor. Though he's ex LEO so it probably won't have an impact.
Soon they will require you to have certain accounts just to qualify. No facebook, no LTC.

So how do they get access to "search history" without executing a warrant? Because google or whoever will just give it to them?

"Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and state Sen. Kevin Palmer’s proposal would allow authorities to review three years of social media history and one year of internet search history of any person seeking to purchase a firearm."

Absent a warrant, wouldn't they have to get someones consent? Who is to say that
if within that framework, someone doesn't just alter the data exposed to the
authorities?

Sounds like "let's pass a law that deters any normal person from trying to
comply with it, to act as an obstruction".

-Mike

You don't think google wouldn't just hand it over ?
Guns mean conservatives mostly, conservative = bad .
My thought would be they would hand it over in a micro second and ask if there were anymore they would like to see.

As we speak, the authorities are saving and backing up every word we type to secret NSA, CIA, FBI, NKVD cloud servers.

If they pass this I would add two things, first that this is also a prerequisite for running for public office and second this should apply to current office holders and police in the state.

You don't think google wouldn't just hand it over ?
Guns mean conservatives mostly, conservative = bad .
My thought would be they would hand it over in a micro second and ask if there were anymore they would like to see.

As much as I hate google, I'm not entirely sure they would just merrily hand over whatever data is asked by some alleged cop that just contacts them. Sure, all the 3 letter agencies have a direct feed of google's data for their unlimited amount of searching. But, I doubt a random cop looking to approve a gun permit would be able to do that without a warrant (and a warrant requires some kind of evidence of a crime, which seems inappropriate for this situation).

Although if this proposal became real, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were able to work out a deal with google to get at all this data supposedly on behalf of approving gun permits.

As much as I hate google, I'm not entirely sure they would just merrily hand over whatever data is asked by some alleged cop that just contacts them. Sure, all the 3 letter agencies have a direct feed of google's data for their unlimited amount of searching. But, I doubt a random cop looking to approve a gun permit would be able to do that without a warrant (and a warrant requires some kind of evidence of a crime, which seems inappropriate for this situation).

Although if this proposal became real, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were able to work out a deal with google to get at all this data supposedly on behalf of approving gun permits.

This will never go beyond the nutty states like NY, CA. Probably not even MA.

This will never go beyond the nutty states like NY, CA. Probably not even MA.

It's "just common sense"
"if it saves one child"

I am looking at the election results this morning and thinking "Shit - is Georgia about to turn into a 'nutty' state like NY, NJ, CT, MA, MD, CA, and IL?"

It's "just common sense"
"if it saves one child"

I am looking at the election results this morning and thinking "Shit - is Georgia about to turn into a 'nutty' state like NY, NJ, CT, MA, MD, CA, and IL?"

Anywhere you have a massive shithole of a city, you're certainly at risk of going full retard.

Back
Top Bottom