NY hoping your troubled kids teacher can take your guns

how do they know if the family has a firearm. I suppose due process is all gone and they can just invade the parents privacy...

Why mandatory registration of course. After that CC permit being public info fiasco a while back did you expect anything less from the Empire State?

This will be the new version of the hitler youth, turning in their own parents because they wouldn't let them go to a party or something. We’re so f**ked in this country right now it’s mind boggling.

Last edited:
This is insanity...so why stop with just guns? Teach the parents a real lesson and take everything the family owns including their knives, house(s), cars, bank accounts, vacation homes, IRAs etc. These f**king gun grabbers have endless illegal ideas about how to infringe on gun owners rights. The only good thing according to the article is that the NY senate has a majority of Republicans, which surprised me given what happened with the NY Safe Act, so hopefully this will go nowhere.

Sh*t like this is all the more reason why we need another originalist appointed to SCOTUS.

Good Luck with that,Instead of trying to grab Law Abiding Citizens firearms,Help the Damn KID......Or let parents actually parent their children,A good boot in the @ss publicly would fix a lot Problems,instead we'll just give-em trophy's ,pat-em on the back and tell-em its not their fault!!!!

New Law Would Allow Teachers To Petition Judges To Have Firearms Removed From Homes Of Troubled Students

New Law Would Allow Teachers To Petition Judges To Have Firearms Removed From Homes Of Troubled Students

So basically, properly secured guns could be taken from a perfectly sane, well adjusted, responsibly employed man** simply because his son blurted out "I'm gonna kill you!" at another student.

By extension (which appears to be how laws work), a man that rents out an apartment in his home and the tenant turns out to have some "issues" could lose his guns.

Further extension, a tenant that owns guns could have them taken because another tenant in another apartment has problems.

Next they'll look at neighborhoods, because you know, it's not THAT hard to pick out the house where there are guns (they probably fly a Confederate flag) and of course that's where the local kid looking for drug money will go to steal guns to sell or use in robberies.

OR, they could take the troubled kid out the setting and figure out how to address his individual problems without impacting everybody else.

** I deliberately chose to say "man" and not "person" because men are not a protected class, not because I'm sexist. Now go make me a sammich.

Couple years back a dirtbag at my kid's HS threatened to shoot and kill him along with his group. F-ing school calls me when they took his phone for using it at lunch (was ok per rules at the time) but they didn't call me for the death threat. Had to get pretty irate with the school and SRO to get any info. One of the things I wanted to know was that the local LEO's had talked to the kid's parents and that the kid did not have access to firearms. DGAF if any in the house so long as properly stored and secured from the little freak.

Note two points: 1) Specific threat, so justified for LEO's to check it out. 2) Only asking for assurance of no access, not confiscation.

NY is gone. Total cold war commie state.

"Well too bad, because here we distribute grades equally and your white cis male privilege means that you will get a C. Your A will go to Letisha the trans man."

I believe the formula is:

Take the average of all grades and assign this to each student.

Then for each student with a protected-class flag, find the highest scoring student without a protected-class flag and shift 5 points to the protectee.

Unfortunately, in some areas this turns a student's passing grade into a negative number, so it's floored at 0. When all unprotected students are at 0, the points are borrowed in advance from future tests and if no future points are available for some reason, the points are borrowed from the nearest school that has points available.

What if one of the kid's parents is a cop?

What if the kid is a ward of the state? Will they remove the state's guns?

How in the hell is something like that even legal?

{In my best Doc Brown impersonation:} "Legal? Where we're going we don't need legal."

What if one of the kid's parents is a cop?

What if the kid is a ward of the state? Will they remove the state's guns?

{In my best Doc Brown impersonation:} "Legal? Where we're going we don't need legal."
I'm guessing the cops will already be disarmed via ex-wives and disgruntled girlfriends. This will just be the mop up operation for the rest of us.

I can picture the future headline...
"NY schoolchildren have the nation's highest rates of juvenile behavioral problems"

"NY foster care agencies overwhelmed by flood of problem youts
surrendered by parents reclaiming their guns".
"'Trade ya', they said".
"'Now they's your problem', they said".​

how do they know if the family has a firearm.
Puh-leeze;
by the yout running their mouth at school.

"NY foster care agencies overwhelmed by flood of problem youts
surrendered by parents reclaiming their guns".
"'Trade ya', they said".
"'Now they's your problem', they said".​

Puh-leeze;
by the yout running their mouth at school.

I suppose it is best to advise the young ones to not say anything. My kids have known about my guns since the day they were born. They have been instructed to never mention guns in school. Both in high school now and to my knowledge they never have.

But I expect you are right. The kids in most of these cases are probably saying something. Or on the case of Mass could the local PD's be sharing licensing information with the schools? Rhetorical question really as I suppose we would never be able to know that....just a thought though.

Another school shooting and this is an easy sell to the sheep. Hell, they may already be clamoring for it.

Back
Top Bottom