• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NY Director of Homeland Security uses handgun's laser as presentation pointing device

http://www.timesunion.com/default/article/Ready-aim-point-talk-5116592.php#photo-5683948

Note that he's a political appointee and not a law enforcement officer.

Jerome M. Hauer, Gov. Andrew Cuomo's director of homeland security, took out his handgun and used the laser sighting device attached to the barrel as a pointer in a presentation to a foreign delegation, according to public officials. It happened Oct. 24 in Albany at the highly secure state emergency operations center below State Police headquarters.

220px-Abovethelaw.jpg

And yet no one got pics of him using the gun like a laser pointer?

I call BS. There HAS to be a photo out there somewhere...

And yet no one got pics of him using the gun like a laser pointer?

I call BS. There HAS to be a photo out there somewhere...

I don't think it's BS, but we need the picture to go with THIS...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's BS, but we need the picture to go with THIS...

By BS i meant that its BS that no one has a photo. I totally believe the guy actually did it. Sounds about par for the course for idiots in government.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hauer, commissioner of the Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services, was disabled by a stroke a few years ago and can be unsteady. He isn't a law enforcement official. He carries the loaded 9-millimeter Glock in a holster into state buildings, an apparent violation of state law barring state employees from bringing weapons to the workplace, several witnesses say.

These officials, one of whom claimed to be an eyewitness, said that three Swedish emergency managers in the delegation were rattled when the gun's laser tracked across one of their heads before Hauer found the map of New York, at which he wanted to point.

Holy shit. No wonder no one's talking.

"...can be unsteady" Like Michael J Fox unsteady? I wouldn't want his hand anywhere near the trigger of a loaded firearm.

Back
Top Bottom