• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NY Cops need Silencers

How statist of them. We understand your reservations and they are noted... But we're going to do it anyways because we know what's good for you.

Also I wouldn't be worried about the noise. It's their track record of shooting people nearby that would worry me.

Also shouldn't they have an indoor range instead. God forbid they skip a round over the berm it'll cost the city millions if someone gets hurt

14 days is 12 days longer than most state cops have to train, for a fact. If you want to be disgusted some time, attend some cop "qualification" shoots and take a stopwatch. My god, I could charge the target with a knife and get the hits faster, from almost any range that they shoot.

I AM SO CONFUSED!
So, are we mad cuz some cops are not shooters? Are we mad cuz cops do not train enough? Are we mad cuz neighbor's don't want a range but cops are gonna get one any way?
I have lots of extra anger! Just not sure where I should be directing it. When we decide who we are mad at, please let me know.

Silencers are a bad idea, IMNSHO, because they will not be using them on duty.

bilra - welcome to NES. 47 posts in a day is impressive.

they do use them on duty. That truck that hauls around your dog catcher? it's got a silenced .22lr autorifle in it. When nobody's looking, he shoots stray dogs, as well as coyotes, or whatever is deemed a "problem animal". skunks, etc. Sometimes deer, on airport runways. The .22's sometimes get used to bust doper's cameras, lights, flatten their car tires, etc, before a raid, too

they do use them on duty. That truck that hauls around your dog catcher? it's got a silenced .22lr autorifle in it. When nobody's looking, he shoots stray dogs, as well as coyotes, or whatever is deemed a "problem animal". skunks, etc. Sometimes deer, on airport runways. The .22's sometimes get used to bust doper's cameras, lights, flatten their car tires, etc, before a raid, too

WTF are you even talking about?

So they borrow the silenced 22 from the dog catcher? My town must be behind the times. I have seen the inside of our Animal Control Officer's truck and all she had in there was one of those ropes on a stick, like the Animal Kingdom guy. She actually covers three towns, and I never would have imagined her snuffing strays, but if you say so.
We don't have any airport in town, but some of those deer must be pretty aggressive to stand their ground against a plane landing or taking off. I was saying to my wife just the other day that I would take up deer hunting if the deer around here were not such pussies. All of the local deer seem to run away when they see people. I am gonna have to show more respect to dog catchers. Taking out deer with a suppressed subsonic 22 is pretty impressive.

I'd love to see the reference to these claims.

Berms and baffles

I ran a can on my Dept SWAT issued LMT Guardian 10.5” but a can on a pistol isn’t practical for patrol; doesn’t holster well

Last edited:
We don't have any airport in town, but some of those deer must be pretty aggressive to stand their ground against a plane landing or taking off. I was saying to my wife just the other day that I would take up deer hunting if the deer around here were not such pussies. All of the local deer seem to run away when they see people. I am gonna have to show more respect to dog catchers. Taking out deer with a suppressed subsonic 22 is pretty impressive.

Not tough, just stupid. I actually had “Wildlife depredation” as an additional duty at the base in Westfield. I shit deer, crow, turkey , geese and coyote that were on the airport. Talk about a fun job.

You’ve seen what deer can do to a car, imagine one crossing the runway when a little plane come in at 70mph or a jet lands at ~100mph.

All I had was an 870, though. I never thought to ask for a suppressed rifle.

Back
Top Bottom