• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NY banning guns everywhere

mikeyp

NES Member
Talk about foot stomping and whining...One way or another...

Prohibits firearms in certain locations, including but not limited to all forms of public transportation, large gatherings, and food and drink establishments.

SUMMARY OF SPECIFIC PROVISIONS:

Section 1. Section 265.01 of the penal code is amended

JUSTIFICATION:

New York State's firearm licensing rules require people who want to
transport their gun outside of their home must show "proper cause" for
the need to carry a weapon their weapon concealed in public. The recent
Supreme Court challenge New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v.
Bruen argued that the long-standing requirement to show "proper cause"
violates the Second Amendment to the US Constitution. Given the density
of much of New York's populated areas, the possibility for harm is great
should the current rules be declared unconstitutional. This legislation
would specifically prohibit firearms from a wide list of specific
locations, including, for example, all forms of public transportation,
large gatherings and bars and restaurants.

NY hates poor people. How dare those f***ing tax serfs dependent on public transportation think they can utilize the 2A, the Bill of Rights is for gentry liberals after all.

I'm thinking this f***ery might lead to SCotUS issuing a broader ruling. Flipping the bird before the court has even ruled yet isn't smart.

Last edited:
I thought we had to wait until June to know how SCROTUS rules?

Did you miss this in the justification I posted? They're preparing for the loss

The recent Supreme Court challenge New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen argued that the long-standing requirement to show "proper cause" violates the Second Amendment to the US Constitution. Given the density of much of New York's populated areas, the possibility for harm is great should the current rules be declared unconstitutional.

Our boy Trump and McCuck had all three branches under their thumb at one point a couple years ago. Where was our National Reciprocity Act and Hearing Protection Act?
Having a slim majority isn't having it "under their thumb." And particularly the Senate was RINO central with the likes of Mittens Romney and John McStain. In the same way that this legislation is not going to pass in NY, at least now, (because even in NY they do not have the political capital to pass it), there were not enough further right/pro gun control in congress.

Does this mean all the private security and bodyguards in NY will have to use Nunchucks from now on?
It won't pass but if it did, they would 100% add in language to give carve outs to bona fide bodyguards etc. Some animals are more equal than others.

Upstate NY really, really needs to be a separate state from NYC.

Our boy Trump and McCuck had all three branches under their thumb at one point a couple years ago. Where was our National Reciprocity Act and Hearing Protection Act?
I just noticed your screen name. We must not hang out in the same threads. Welcome…

f*** all that. Shouldn't need that shit anyways.

fixed

Last edited:
NYC, Sullivan Act. "According to New York City historian George Lankevich, the Act was passed so that Sullivan could have friends in the police force plant handguns on his rivals and take them to jail."

NYC culture policy and politics have always been a uuge malignant tumor

NYC, Sullivan Act. "According to New York City historian George Lankevich, the Act was passed so that Sullivan could have friends in the police force plant handguns on his rivals and take them to jail."

NYC culture policy and politics have always been a uuge malignant tumor
The "rivals" were Italians. The weapons were planted in coat pockets by paid-off coat check room employees at restaurants and hotels. The Italians got wise to this scheme and responded by sewing their coat pockets shut.

Everything he was able to do was a fight. With the orange man bad thought process. No one wanted to leave him alone for 5 minutes. Not to mention how many impeachments. Was he the perfect POTUS? Hell no. Bumpstocks come to mind. But, he did do a lot of good, even with so many turn coats.

Just like California, I think New York is a loss. I have zero plans to go there. I don't have private security

It's all very reminiscent of the convolutions Chicago went through after McDonald and subsequent rulings. Those games didn't work out for IL or Chicago, and we'll have to stay tuned to see what happens for NY/NYC. I expect it will be a long, drawn-out process. We haven't even gotten to the P&A clause issue of NY having licensing only for residents and no reciprocity. We're seeing the 2A finally get something like the review the 1A did - and that was a >50-year process.

This is what happens when scotus weasels out on it's responsibilities.
The Heller and McDonald decisions were far too narrow in scope. They essentially confirmed the individual right to keep a handgun or fully assembled long gun in the home for defense of that home. It was impossible to do that under DC Code, which banned the private possession of handguns and required all long guns to be unloaded and locked or disassembled, rendering them worthless for home defense. Neither decision addressed the issue of concealed carry in public. Even most Latin American countries, including Mexico, allow civilians to keep a gun at home for protection, although they do sometimes impose limits on caliber.

I was actually thinking how will MA react to this case if NYSRPA wins? Would MA stop issuing non-res permits?
Well, I don't think this case gets to that. Once they address "may issue" generally, the Court can (if a case with enough split among the circuits is brought) address whether P&A applies (a very separate question, IMO). In very lay terms, the P&A clause more or less prohibits a state from providing its own residents more access/better rights/etc. than non-residents with regard to an essential right.

Back
Top Bottom