• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NY AG dissolve the NRA Lawsuit?

Was this actually said by anybody official?
I'm sure the NY AG has the best interests of the NRA membership at heart.

Wayne and a good chunk of the board needs to go. This lawsuit isn't going to help with that in a constructive manner. They'll force Wayne out and put someone like John "I own a shotgun" Rosenthall in as the state's conservator.

Wayne and a good chunk of the board needs to go. This lawsuit isn't going to help with that in a constructive manner. They'll force Wayne out and put someone like John "I own a shotgun" Rosenthall in as the state's conservator.

Not as far fetched as you might think. There's some Neo Nazi racist group being run by a black guy: https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-m...arted-neo-nazi-group-became-their-new-leader/

Not completely far fetched to think the left might try to plant one of theirs in charge.

For all I know, Wayne himself is a covert lefty.

Judge Jeanine Pirro was all over this story last night, she reamed out the NY AG, and was pretty brutal on the dems in general.

Sorry, video isn't up yet, check for it later at foxnews or YT.

The first 10 minutes is definitely worth watching. [thumbsup]

ef73821ba53a3221ffc1b6bc82756388

(for 67 she's still smokin'! anyone else think she's a MILF (or Gilf ) ???)

Last edited:

If he would resign that wouldn't come in to play.
The fact he hasn't shows it's not the organization's interests he protecting .
He's going to suck every nickle he can out of it before the hammer falls.

I don't know what the answer is .
Let him continue to squander money that could be used to fight the good fight and at the same time bargaining away our rights in back room deals with the membership having zero say.
Or let it burn and hope something better can rise out of the ashes.
He's not letting go of that tit till he's dragged bodily kicking and screaming out the door.

Details on the financial improprieties:

2 Things can be true at once.

The AG and her action can be complete and utter BS.

And the NRA can have forgotten it's core mission and WLP can be a scumbag.

The NRA is not entitled to anyone's money or support, it is something they must earn and continue to earn. There is a reason big activists like Dana Loesch and Colion Noir have walked away from them.

Both of these. The AG’s suit is rotten to the core, and so is the NRA. If anyone read the above quoted list of frivolous spending done by the NRA, they’d know that donating to them is basically paying for private jets for LaPierre’s wife, hotel rooms for his niece, and trips to the Bahamas for all.

AG is corrupt, and so is the NRA.

Edit- To elaborate, Wayne needs to go, and should be investigated for fraud? Tax fraud? I don’t know, but he’s stealing from NRA donors, end of story. The AG’s intentions aren’t virtuous though. As others have said, she should be looking to protect the donors who have been ripped off, not submarine their cause altogether.

Last edited:
Both of these. The AG’s suit is rotten to the core, and so is the NRA. If anyone read the above quoted list of frivolous spending done by the NRA, they’d know that donating to them is basically paying for private jets for LaPierre’s wife, hotel rooms for his niece, and trips to the Bahamas for all.

AG is corrupt, and so is the NRA.

Edit- To elaborate, Wayne needs to go, and should be investigated for fraud? Tax fraud? I don’t know, but he’s stealing from NRA donors, end of story. The AG’s intentions aren’t virtuous though. As others have said, she should be looking to protect the donors who have been ripped off, not submarine their cause altogether.

Yup just read through it. And somehow people feel I should be guilted for not supporting all that frivolous spending.

I’ll be happy to support the organization after it cleans house.

The NRA's purpose and effectiveness is bigger than LaPierre. Democrats are attacking now to cancel the NRA's influence on voters. Supporting these attacks right now is not in the best interests of gun owners. We can't afford to throw away our political influence and enable the most anti-2A candidates to win in the November elections.

If you did not like what the Democrats attempted to do to Kavanaugh and the “Russian collusion and Ukraine corruption” of Trump and successfully did to Judge Roy Moore - then fight back.

If you don’t want to support the NRA administration until the facts are substantiated, then designate your contributions exclusively to the Political Victory Fund. We need to win in November.

I’m also an Endowment Life NRA member and will not give additional support to the NRA until they clean house... Wayne going is just the start. I understand that the AG is not our friend but the house needs cleaning... AG or not.

The NRA's purpose and effectiveness is bigger than LaPierre. Democrats are attacking now to cancel the NRA's influence on voters. Supporting these attacks right now is not in the best interests of gun owners. We can't afford to throw away our political influence and enable the most anti-2A candidates to win in the November elections.

If you did not like what the Democrats attempted to do to Kavanaugh and the “Russian collusion and Ukraine corruption” of Trump and successfully did to Judge Roy Moore - then fight back.

If you don’t want to support the NRA administration until the facts are substantiated, then designate your contributions exclusively to the Political Victory Fund. We need to win in November.

That's part of the problem .
Wayne is the NRA at this point and it's been structured so there isn't jack the membership can do about it.
Board members are hand picked and the voting is a joke.
Anyone opposes him is gonzo .
We're at the point where the only two choices we have is to let him squander our money and bargain our rights away or let it burn.
It sucks but there you have it.

If you don’t want to support the NRA administration until the facts are substantiated, then designate your contributions exclusively to the Political Victory Fund.
That's another hinky arm of the NRA under current leadership: they will support a C- incumbent over an A+ challenger.

Basically, this is a no-lose proposition for the AG.

Her quest to dissolve the NRA will go nowhere and she is fine with that. She is likely to win some structural changes within the NRA. However, neither of these issues will be resolved until well after the election. This really doesn't concern her as these were not her short-term goals.

Instead, what will be her biggest victory is her headline-grabbing with the dissolution nonsense and how it creates a general perception of the NRA as a financially corrupt organization. Her goal here is to dissuade potential donors and starve the NRA of vital cash that could be spent on issue ads around the country during the election. Her mission is no different than the Obama IRS/Teaparty BS during the '12 election cycle.

The agenda today is as it was in '12. Use any means necessary to starve your political opponents of vital funding in order to silence their voices. No matter how we feel about the current NRA (disclaimer: I personally return all fundraising solicitations from the NRA with a message of no financial support until Wayne is gone) make no mistake that this is an attack on all of us and is meant to silence us.

On this basis, I am reconsidering my personal stance and may donate so cash to them through this election cycle. Once the election is over, let the chips fall where they may.

This is political grandstanding by someone who hopes to be appointed AG of the US under President Biden, much as Maura Healey was angling for the AGUS job under President Clinton with her 7/20/16 diktat redefining an assault weapon.

The Washington (Com)Post ran an article today or yesterday (no longer have the link handy, sorry) calling the NY AG out for an obviously politically motivated prosecution of the NRA, and how it set a bad precedent. For those liberals who think that the NRA suit is a good thing, I want them to consider what might happen if a Republican AG went after the ACLU or NARAL (pro-choice) or NORML or some such "liberal" org.

Last edited:

Her quest to dissolve the NRA will go nowhere and she is fine with that. She is likely to win some structural changes within the NRA. However, neither of these issues will be resolved until well after the election. This really doesn't concern her as these were not her short-term goals.

Instead, what will be her biggest victory is her headline-grabbing with the dissolution nonsense and how it creates a general perception of the NRA as a financially corrupt organization. Her goal here is to dissuade potential donors and starve the NRA of vital cash that could be spent on issue ads around the country during the election. Her mission is no different than the Obama IRS/Teaparty BS during the '12 election cycle.

The agenda today is as it was in '12. Use any means necessary to starve your political opponents of vital funding in order to silence their voices. No matter how we feel about the current NRA (disclaimer: I personally return all fundraising solicitations from the NRA with a message of no financial support until Wayne is gone) make no mistake that this is an attack on all of us and is meant to silence us.

On this basis, I am reconsidering my personal stance and may donate so cash to them through this election cycle. Once the election is over, let the chips fall where they may.

if the nra board had done their job their would not be any for her to sue over. The nra is corrupt and no matter what she says or does my wallet is closed and I think others feel the same way. The head of a non profit should not earn $2.5 million per year and fly around on private jets.

As to the political factor, I think this is a giant retard move by the Dems from a national platform standpoint. The NY DA just gave the NRA all the reason in the world to make sure Trump is re-elected because the last thing they will want is Biden and Fed AG doubling down on them with NY AG.

Also its easy for NRA to now rile up the Fudd clan with the old "The democrats are waging war on us and guns!" Routine. Stupid choice to do this end of summer in a presidential election year when gun sales and new gun ownership are setting all time records.

The Left Cracks Down on Dissent Both Large and Small
Two cases in New York point to a disturbing disregard for our fundamental freedoms.
Harold Hutchison · Aug. 11, 2020

For all the talk about our “democracy” being at risk, there’s very little being said by those same people when government officials actively retaliate against those who dissent from their preferred policy positions. That’s because Donald Trump isn’t doing it. No, for perhaps the most obvious example of this abuse of power, we need look no further than Albany.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and his attorney general, Letitia James, have made retaliation against dissent commonplace in the Empire State, and two recent stories prove the point. The first is James’s effort to dissolve the National Rifle Association. James ran on the platform of attacking this largest and most effective defender of the Second Amendment, labeling it a “terrorist organization” during at least one media appearance.

Now, the NRA has long opposed gun control. And it runs advertisements, urges its members to write lawmakers, speaks out on legislation, supports and opposes candidates for office, and donates money to its preferred candidates (at a fraction of the amount given to Democrats by teachers unions, we’d add). All of these activities are protected by the First Amendment, and none of them even remotely resembles terrorism.

Thus, this is just the latest politically punitive move by the tyrannical Cuomo-James regime. Cuomo has waged his jihad against the NRA — and it had an effect on political races in 2018 and 2019. While some of the NRA’s spending decisions clearly have been controversial, the fact remains that the real “crime” has been its stand against laws that would punish millions of law-abiding Americans — particularly sweeping Australia-style gun bans like those pushed by Representatives Eric Swalwell and Beto O'Rourke, among others.

One doesn’t have to be a nationwide group to be a target, however. Just ask Abby Ehmann. The owner of Lucky, a bar in Manhattan, found herself suddenly visited by state liquor authority agents. Shortly after their visit, her bar’s liquor license was suspended. Other bars in the area had not been given that treatment.

Then again, Ms. Ehmann had started a petition to loosen menu restrictions that Cuomo imposed less than a week prior to the fateful inspection. Petitioning for a redress of grievances — which is exactly what Ehmann did — is, again, explicitly protected by the First Amendment. Yet once again, New York retaliated against the dissenter, a small-business owner, for merely exercising that constitutional right.

Sadly, this is part of a larger pattern, not just from New York but from the Left in general, especially since the eight years of the Obama-Biden administration. Numerous instances exist of government abuse targeting dissenters from the progressive agenda, and this disturbing pattern points to an increasingly totalitarian Left weaponizing the powers of the state against average citizens.

Yet as bad as it is now, it could be much worse. Does anyone think that a Biden administration would protect conservative groups from the Lois Lerners of the world? Would Treasury Secretary Elizabeth Warren lay off the NRA, or would she sic the IRS on it? Would Attorney General Kamala Harris not seek to crush dissent, especially given her earlier crackdown on crisis pregnancy centers?

The actions of the Cuomo-James regime in New York are perhaps the most blatant effort to make it illegal for grassroots Patriots to engage in political discourse. Arguably, the only thing more worrisome than the actions of that rotten regime is the silence of the mainstream media — precisely those who purport to be our guardians of democracy and norms.

if the nra board had done their job their would not be any for her to sue over. The nra is corrupt and no matter what she says or does my wallet is closed and I think others feel the same way. The head of a non profit should not earn $2.5 million per year and fly around on private jets.

Sorry if you take offense, however, I find this to be an obtuse approach to the issue. In order to boldly display our disgust with the actions of NRA leadership, let's take an approach that results in self-sabotage and provides aid to the NYAG in attaining her goal of silencing the NRA during this critical election cycle.

You won't find much dissent for the idea that salvaging the NRA, (if that is even possible), will require significant structural changes to the organization. I would be ecstatic to see WLP end up serving prison time and his family and he forced to make restitution to the NRA membership. There's no argument that NRA leadership has become corrupt.

At the end of the day though, our best hope of thwarting the crazy left this November includes the efforts and advocacy of the NRA. The hard work of trying salvage the organization should begin the day after election day, not three months before the election. Silencing the NRA now only serves to aid the NYAG in her efforts. Sometimes service in pursuit of the greater good requires the will to eat that sh*t sandwich.

I have no doubt that both this and the DC suits have nothing to do with concern for the donors and I doubt either NY or DC even care if they win or lose. I would bet that the left filed these in the hopes that the NRA would be so preoccupied with defending itself that it won't have the time or money left over to effectively campaign for appropriate pro 2A candidates, thus taking a fairly effective campaigning organization out of the mix. One less thing for the left to worry about.

The Left Admits It Cannot Win a Fair Fight
Rather than attempt to win the debate, leftists seek only to silence opponents.

Harold Hutchison · Sep. 1, 2020

If there’s one thing to be said about the attempt by New York Attorney General Letitia James to dissolve the National Rifle Association, it’s this: It’s a concession about the Left’s lack of arguments in favor of restricting our right to keep and bear arms. Don’t get us wrong — this attack on the NRA is a frightening abuse of government power, and if it succeeds, the precedent could be used against other gun-rights groups at first, then expanded to just about any conservative group. But the big message is that the Left has given up on ideas in favor of sheer power to scream “shut up!”

That expansion could be what James and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo intended all along. But does anyone really think James would be trying to dissolve the NRA if she had winning arguments in favor of gun control? Would Cuomo have waged his campaign, using Parkland as a pretext, if he were successfully persuading Americans to support his anti-Second Amendment agenda?

Let’s look back over the past decade and that pattern can be seen elsewhere. When the Tea Party was raising concerns about the reach of government and how much was being spent, did Barack Obama have counterarguments? If he did, he must have not been confident in their ability to carry the day. Why? The IRS instead targeted the Tea Party for harassment.

When Obama couldn’t pass gun control after the horrific Sandy Hook massacre, mostly because grassroots Patriots stood up and refused to let millions of law-abiding Americans be punished for a crime they didn’t commit, he didn’t try to persuade Americans to rethink things, nor did he want other solutions. Instead, Operation Chokepoint was used, and a newer version, wherein companies are threatened with boycotts unless they go along with anti-Second Amendment extremists’ demands, is currently being wielded. Obama, by most accounts, is a talented speaker. But why wasn’t he using that rhetoric to persuade?

When conservative groups had success in Wisconsin, instead of their free speech being met with more free speech, they instead faced abusive investigations from rogue prosecutors. And while the Wisconsin Supreme Court halted the witch hunt, justice for those affected during the “John Doe” scandal remains elusive. The arguments in opposition to radical environmental legislation were met not with counterarguments but with RICO investigations from left-wing state attorneys general. Then, of course, there is Cuomo’s use of bank regulations to try to bankrupt the NRA. When David Daleiden used typical techniques undercover journalists use (see shows like “60 Minutes” or “What Would You Do?”), the response from Planned Parenthood wasn’t to use its First Amendment rights. Instead, the abortion mill sicced California’s attorney general at the time, one Kamala Harris, on Daleiden.

Again, we see a pattern where counterarguments, debate, and the normal back and forth that sets our republic’s course were not used. Instead, government power was brought to bear to attack one side of the debate on a hot-button issue.

This pattern leads to some serious questions: Would people who had confidence in the strength of their arguments or in their powers of persuasion resort to wielding the power of government against those who dissent through the means protected by the First Amendment? Or is the pattern instead an abusive way of admitting that leftists have no defense of their agenda and no interest in the normal way of addressing good-faith disagreements over policy and principle, leading them to resort to coercion?

The cold, hard truth of the matter is that the First Amendment rights of grassroots Patriots are on the ballot this November.

You are correct, all politics and all about defeating Trump and us. This is personal.

Rather than attempt to win the debate, leftists seek only to silence opponents.

Harold Hutchison · Sep. 1, 2020

If there’s one thing to be said about the attempt by New York Attorney General Letitia James to dissolve the National Rifle Association, it’s this: It’s a concession about the Left’s lack of arguments in favor of restricting our right to keep and bear arms. Don’t get us wrong — this attack on the NRA is a frightening abuse of government power, and if it succeeds, the precedent could be used against other gun-rights groups at first, then expanded to just about any conservative group. But the big message is that the Left has given up on ideas in favor of sheer power to scream “shut up!”

That expansion could be what James and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo intended all along. But does anyone really think James would be trying to dissolve the NRA if she had winning arguments in favor of gun control? Would Cuomo have waged his campaign, using Parkland as a pretext, if he were successfully persuading Americans to support his anti-Second Amendment agenda?

Let’s look back over the past decade and that pattern can be seen elsewhere. When the Tea Party was raising concerns about the reach of government and how much was being spent, did Barack Obama have counterarguments? If he did, he must have not been confident in their ability to carry the day. Why? The IRS instead targeted the Tea Party for harassment.

When Obama couldn’t pass gun control after the horrific Sandy Hook massacre, mostly because grassroots Patriots stood up and refused to let millions of law-abiding Americans be punished for a crime they didn’t commit, he didn’t try to persuade Americans to rethink things, nor did he want other solutions. Instead, Operation Chokepoint was used, and a newer version, wherein companies are threatened with boycotts unless they go along with anti-Second Amendment extremists’ demands, is currently being wielded. Obama, by most accounts, is a talented speaker. But why wasn’t he using that rhetoric to persuade?

When conservative groups had success in Wisconsin, instead of their free speech being met with more free speech, they instead faced abusive investigations from rogue prosecutors. And while the Wisconsin Supreme Court halted the witch hunt, justice for those affected during the “John Doe” scandal remains elusive. The arguments in opposition to radical environmental legislation were met not with counterarguments but with RICO investigations from left-wing state attorneys general. Then, of course, there is Cuomo’s use of bank regulations to try to bankrupt the NRA. When David Daleiden used typical techniques undercover journalists use (see shows like “60 Minutes” or “What Would You Do?”), the response from Planned Parenthood wasn’t to use its First Amendment rights. Instead, the abortion mill sicced California’s attorney general at the time, one Kamala Harris, on Daleiden.

Again, we see a pattern where counterarguments, debate, and the normal back and forth that sets our republic’s course were not used. Instead, government power was brought to bear to attack one side of the debate on a hot-button issue.

This pattern leads to some serious questions: Would people who had confidence in the strength of their arguments or in their powers of persuasion resort to wielding the power of government against those who dissent through the means protected by the First Amendment? Or is the pattern instead an abusive way of admitting that leftists have no defense of their agenda and no interest in the normal way of addressing good-faith disagreements over policy and principle, leading them to resort to coercion?

The cold, hard truth of the matter is that the First Amendment rights of grassroots Patriots are on the ballot this November.
I think for years the power of persuasion was more or less abundantly available within our elected leaders. If things did or didn't get done it all boiled down to the dirty business of politics. Back door closed room handshakes if you will. You give me this and I'll give you that. Now that has been all pushed aside and replaced with hatred and abuse. The left has basically shown there is no bottom of the barrel as far as they are concerned. When they cant get what they want they move the goalposts. The Flynn case is a perfect example. Just when you think its over and dead they bring it back to life somehow. This bullshit against the NRA is no different. It's just a means to an end for them. But they should be careful what they wish for. They designed a system to benefit them but never anticipated someone like Trump. They have been twisting themselves in knots for the last four years trying to get Trump. They haven't been able to do it because their system doesn't allow for it. It's almost like they dont think beyond tomorrow. Suffice to say for now the Marquess of Queensberry rules have been thrown out the window.

Back
Top Bottom