Number of criminals who improperly own guns increases in California

What a waste of money...
Either way your in jail or your free, there shouldn’t be any second class citizens.

The whole concept of confiscating these tools is flawed...let’s pretend they confiscated all of them.... what’s to stop somone from just getting another firearm? Background checks and gun control laws certainly aren’t going to do it.

"or found to be severely mentally ill"

I wonder how many that covers, or if it's just boilerplate so they don't have to say, "we stole guns from people who smoked pot in college 40 years ago"

What this report says to me is:

"California has over 25,000 people who have guns who shouldn't, and the only way we know is by looking in a database."

Or put another way, "OMG!! WE FOUND CRIMES USING COMPUTERS!"

Or another way, "Gosh, we literally didn't have a problem until we looked for one!"

Wait. I am confused. Do all of these criminals obtain licenses and register their guns with the state? How do you get any sort of accurate count?

And how do they know how many criminals there are? Is there some sort of form, special CA criminal licensing and certification department?

Wait. I am confused. Do all of these criminals obtain licenses and register their guns with the state? How do you get any sort of accurate count?

And how do they know how many criminals there are? Is there some sort of form, special CA criminal licensing and certification department?

Beat me to it.

I think you misunderstood the headline though, I believe they must be talking about all of the people do who register their firearms.

I can see where the confusion cones from though. “Criminal” seems to be a matter of perspective these days...

Beat me to it.

I think you misunderstood the headline though, I believe they must be talking about all of the people do who register their firearms.

I can see where the confusion cones from though. “Criminal” seems to be a matter of perspective these days...

Based on the article, they are comparing a list of gun buyers to people who LATER became ineligible to own a firearm. And they are assuming that these people still have the firearm they bought BEFORE becoming ineligible.

It's all BS designed to scare the general population into supporting more BS gun control.

Not surprising, many were initially legally able to own firearms only later to be convicted of crimes to be come prohibited or determined not to be mentally fit. Likely there are a few that are caught up in the net but overall not shocking

Based on the article, they are comparing a list of gun buyers to people who LATER became ineligible to own a firearm. And they are assuming that these people still have the firearm they bought BEFORE becoming ineligible.

It's all BS designed to scare the general population into supporting more BS gun control.

Exactly! Enacting more gun control laws against law-abiding citizens will obviously solve the problem.

Back
Top Bottom