Number 2000

I just hope that people throw stuff at her while she's tied to the fence.

That really, really should be done. Rotten tomatoes to run her off the stage. Nothing dense; there's no good in making a martyr of a crazy woman. But if she's going to protest that way, she should face the counter protest.

Also it would be funny to watch the "peace" protestors get into fights on her behalf. Not that the media would show that.

Protest Warrior or someone similar should bring tomatoes to the show.

Jeremiah said:
I just hope that people throw stuff at her while she's tied to the fence.

That really, really should be done. Rotten tomatoes to run her off the stage. Nothing dense; there's no good in making a martyr of a crazy woman. But if she's going to protest that way, she should face the counter protest.

Also it would be funny to watch the "peace" protestors get into fights on her behalf. Not that the media would show that.

Protest Warrior or someone similar should bring tomatoes to the show.

And that's what I was thinking...tomatoes, eggs, wilted lettuce, etc... Just things of that nature. Something that won't smell pretty while she's out there...maybe cold coffee with cream in it...or just old milk...water if it's cold out. Not to give her hypothermia, but just enough to make her uncomfy.

These creatures ( I won't call them people) sound like they're ANXIOUS for another 4 servicemen to die! And they call those of us who support what we're doing barbaric?

I can't believe how short-sighted they are; don't they realize that if we DO pull out, we condemn all the Iraqis to the "mercies" of the insurgents, and that we will also paint a target on the back of every American who travels abroad that says "Free target here; kill with impunity"?

LenS said:
Nah, you need to spray her with something that attracts buzzards. Let them deal with her! [twisted] [twisted]

Too good a treatment.

Yeah - they are salivating for # 2000. Bastards....

"I'm going to go to Washington, D.C. and I'm going to give a speech at the White House, and after I do, I'm going to tie myself to the fence and refuse to leave until they agree to bring our troops home," Sheehan said in a telephone interview last week as the milestone approached.

I think that sounds like a great idea. LET her tie herself to the fence until the troops come home. It's not like they're coming home any time soon, so she'll either have to give up and look like the eejit that she is, or she'll die of exposure. It's her choice and she should be allowed to kill herself any way she sees fit...

This is the one war we have lost the least amount of our service people. I really wish the media would quit giving her any time what so ever. She's a nut case that needs to shut up. [evil]

Every time I think of that bitch I get REALLY sad. Her own son was a dedicated hero to his country, and ended up paying the ultimate price....and in his didn't even have the satisfaction to know that his mother was proud of what he had done.

At least there are many many amaricans who never knew Casey Sheehan who are thankful for his brave service.

-Weer'd Beard

I wish I had time to run around the country and be a media whore, who doesnt care that her husband is divorcing her and that her younger son has publicly stated that he now hates her for what she is doing.

Worst problem is, she isn't on a hunger strike. That would be a fun countdown to watch on CNN.

Rather than villify Cindy, I pity her because she is being exploited. I hate to see a mother's simple grief over the death of a child turned into something as grotesque as she has become. In a sense she is a victim too.

As far as some kind of count-down to the 2000th KIA, it does seem a bit macabre, yet each time we lose another one the price of the war just goes up. Let's up that it doesn't reach the magic number of 53,000 before we finally do pull out.

The primary issue that those support the war, don't get, in my opinion, is simply that we as a nation lack the resolve to do what is necessary to win the kind of war that we are in now. Frankly, unless we either double the size of our armed forces (at least the Army and Marines) we aren't going to be fit to fight anywhere or anytime we are faced with a new threat. The American people want war on the cheap without sacrifice as a people or a nation. If we had a winning strategy, and a national command authority with some sense, and a population willing to make the necessary sacrifices to achieve victory, then Iraq might be worth it, but despite the support of the war by the good, patriotic Americans who populate this forum, I remain unconvinced, and have the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that we are pissing away American lives down a sewer. Those people (Babylonians, Iraquis, whatever) have had approximately 7000 years to get it right, and they haven't and in the long run I don't see how losing more American lives is really going to make a difference.

The International War on Terror is going to take a long time and we cannot, in my opinion, get mired in quagmires.

Regards,

Mark

So Mark, am I to guess that you mainly listen to the main stream media. If you get away from the networks,and actually read some of the blogs, you will see that what our service members are doing are really making a difference. In both elections, the Iraqi people have faced death threats,and death of their whole families to get out and vote,and they have in record numbers. Most of what the insurgents are now targeting are the Iraqi's,and despite all of that they still come out wanting jobs and waiting in lines for those jobs. We have rebuilt schools, so the children can have an education. Believe or not alot of Iraqi's are very thankful we are there. So if you want to dwell on all the negative and get your information from main stream media be my guest. I will believe our military personel who are actually there making a difference any day.
Our son is leaving here shortly to go to Iraq and also make a difference. If you were delusional and thought we'd only be in Iraq a short period of time, I knew from the get go that wasn't going to happen. We will have a presence for a long time yet to come.
Our son got a lot of grief for joing the military while he was still in school,but he believes in what he is doing and I have to commend this generation for stepping up to the plate for doing what they believe is the right thing.

Mrs. Wildweasel,

As a retired professional Army officer and one who still works in the intelligence community, I don't just rely on the mainstream media. I rely on sources within the defense,intelligence and law enforcement communities who operate a little higher up than the grunt level. The war as it is being fought at the tactical level is much different than the one that is being fought at the strategic level.

Perhaps because I do have almost daily interface on the official level with those who are involved in the International War on Terror, I don't have the faith and confidence in the National Command Authority that you seem to have. The upper levels of leadership are rife with strap-hanging snychopants, incompetents, and persons who are only out for number 1: themselves.

We lack the ability to even successfully protect our own borders. If you think the FEMA mess in New Orleans was a disaster, then to slightly paraphrase the late Al Jolson: "You ain't seen nothing yet." Wait until the next 9/11 type of attack and see how well DHS responds.

I, for one, would like to know who these "insiders" are that know the real deal. The people who listen to Sean Hannity every day, like I do who gives us all the news "the rest of the media won't report ?" (If you are WTTK listener BTW, I think Jay Sevrin had it right on Iraq, one of the few things I agreed with him on) I realized too at the outset that the war in Iraq was a serious long term commitment, but the point is, our national command authority didn't. Tommy Franks didn't, Bremer didn't. Dear Lady: who do you think runs this country ? Certainly not Mark or Mrs. Wildweasel. The politicians both in and out of uniform do. You and I and those troops on the ground are not empowered. I find it interesting that you support the government with regard to the war, but then turn right around and are wary of that same government who would restrict your right to bear arms. That view seems inconsistent with me, just as I don't understand how conservatives support Bush, when his adminstration has racked up a huge deficit, something that the Republicans were always complaining about when the Democrats were in power, except for the last Democratic adminstration which balanced the books.

Yeah, there are lots of decent hard-working Iraquis who want to see their country change. There are countless members of our armed forces who are dedicated to the mission....but you know what ? One can say the same thing about Viet Nam. We could have won there too, but again our leadership was at fault, not the troops on the ground. Unfortunately the PFCs, and Sgts and the Gy Sgts (for you Marines) and Capts and the field grades, the people fighting the war...are doing a helluva job, for the most part, but they are not the ones who make the "big picture" decisions.

Now I think that it is grand that you are proud of your son, and I respect his service, and yet at the same time, if I had an 18 or 19 year old son, I'd discourage him from enlisting and maybe even ship him off to Canada to school. Talk about being torn apart emotionally everyday, that's me !

The history of the United States has clearly demonstrated, at least to me, that we haven't done such a good job as nation builders.

I'll ask you this question: even if we commit ourselves to Iraq and are successful, can we do this at what price ? Our own security, maybe ? What do we do about the non-linear threat, the Islamic Jihadists, the growing number of extreme militants in this country like August Kreis and the Aryan Nations, who call for an alliance with the teroorists ? This is going to be a long fight and do we to be squandering our military nation-building ?

Frankly, Mrs. Wildweasel, I hope I'm wrong. I hope that Iraq becomes a model capitalistic democracy in the Middle East, I hope by say 2018 we can say that George W. Bush was a genius in the mode of someone like Harry Truman who weathered the storm of popular media criticism to stay on an even course....I want to be wrong, but unless things change in Washington at the White House and the Pentagon and at State and the people at the top get their act together, we're in one big mess.

So we are going to agree to disagree, but that's okay because this forum is really about guns and related issue, and on that topic, at least we have some consensus.

Respectfully,

Mark

Mark, I understand the level now of where you are coming from. Hubby and I are both ex-MI. Granted what we know of that community was early 80's, and our technology has changed alot. Also when we were in most Officers were out for themselves,which is where my lack of respect for them comes from. Granted there are few good one,but few and far between. I have also seen my far share of incompetents and never figured out why they kept them in,if only for them to retire.
I won't even start on what my feelings are for DHS. I think that has been a total waste of our taxpaying money. I will just leave that alone for now. I know we will have another attack on our shores at some point, I also know it will be a clusterf***. It is just a matter of when,not if.
Personally I am very wary of our government,for this war and for my rights as a gun owner. I know our enlisted don't make the decisions,but they are doing an outstanding job. No one wants another VietNam, Probably what scares me most is the next President,and how they will screw over the troops. This one is at least consistent.
Your question as to what price. Can you honestly say our security is any better? I can't. We haven't closed the borders,and Oh god forbid we actually profile,since we know anyone coming in from the middle east is a possible suspect,but hey we have to be PC about the friggin thing. When I get on an airplane you bet your ass I look around and see how many middle eastern people are on it. Racial profiling yeah, we need it. Shoot WW2 we at least had internment camps,maybe not the best way to handle things,but better than what we are doing now. Still letting anyone in the country.
We probably agree more than you think,and I still stand by what we are doing. In reality is it any different than when we occupied Berlin? Not really we were there for a long time,look how that turned out and we helped them rebuild,so who says maybe it won't work in Iraq too. Which is why I also say we will have some sort of presence there for a long time. Granted we are turning more and more over to the Iraqi's, and yes we'll be able to pull out,but I don't think completely. Shoot we're still in friggin Bosnia. The only reason that place hasn't imploded is because we are there. We totally pull out of there and that region will be right back at the genocide. So yes maybe we have to rethink the use of our military,and the ones in congress,the white house ,etc. can't continue to think we are the peacekeepers of the world. Just not feasible. And yes my belief is maybe of some of the higher ups got off their fat asses and actually were with the troops more and not shuffling paper and making asinine decisions,then maybe they would have a better grasp on things realistically.
As far as talking my son out of the military,how could I when both of us served, and a long line of his relatives on both sides of the family. Can't tell him No for something I did. Granted different times,but we all know when you sign on the dotted line it is a chance you take that it may be you called to serve.
So which alphabet are you working for?
Susanne

I should also point out that what we did in Berlin with our early 80's technology,would be enough to scare anyone into not trusting our government.

Back
Top Bottom